8 hours ago, j7n said:

These sites are real pigs: YouTube, HDtracks and new Discogs (contains a mandatory YouTube window)...

Nothing we can do about it I guess, but I want to express my frustration and disappointment.

https://i.imgur.com/cnFBsY0.png

Utilizing Spt & NM approximately 50% for (pre-)listening & collecting music, i do share your disappointment - but not the frustration:

i stopped using YT completely (access only directly via youtube-dl), no more soundcloud, never a need for spotify at all, discogs only with noscript activated (works passibly): All albums & tracks i purchase at bandcamp (with nice pre-listening options), directly by the artists or (smaller) labels. By my guess, 99 % of the serious contemporary artists offer their work here (at least in my lucky case :)).

18 hours ago, j7n said:

These sites are real pigs: YouTube, HDtracks and new Discogs

I agree, but I would add that there are many, many other sites like that. That's why whenever I can I insist on never relying directly on those. Always download what they offer from outside, using other tools, avoiding advertising, viruses, etc. Every day there are more and more ways to bypass the crap.

Edited by chermany4ever

New Moon 28 is the browser I mainly use from @roytam1's releases. Many websites can be loaded without serious problems. But of course, there are bloated and cumbersome sites which are loading terribly. However, some of them can be edited with the help of uBlock Origin so that they run reasonably well again. For example, you can neuter the GMX homepage and completely remove all the news, adverts, videos and so on. Or use the right filter lists to access news pages like The New York Times again. On PCWelt, around 1000 elements are blocked with my activated filter lists and runs super smoothly again. However, without uBO, it would make no sense to access such websites on older machines. :no:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

21 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

However, without uBO, it would make no sense on older machines.

... I totally agree with you on this :P ; but you didn't have to convince me in the first place :) ...
However, try to preach to the number of members here who are (still) under the impression that using a content blocker (such as uBO) will "significantly slow down" their browsing experience on their antiquated H/W :whistle: ... Yes, uBO does consume a slight RAM portion to do its job, but if you're very low on RAM (< 512MB), you probably shouldn't face the current web with that machine of yours :} ...

Edited by VistaLover

A tad OT, but what lists are you guys using in uBO?

I import my lists because I rebuild my profile often and I disable my internet during profile creation, these are the lists I'm using:
image.png.93659a531be2a6cc9d6e07e2cca920ab.png

But they do not block YouTube ads so I rely on a separate extension called "AdBlock — best ad blocker", version 5.22.0, with one and only one list:
image.png.83057dbf2c6daf21f6e7729459cfcab8.png

5 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

but you didn't have to convince me in the first place :) ...

I know that, of course. It wasn't directed at you either, but at those who are annoyed by websites that don't load properly in @roytam1's browsers. In the end, many of them can be loaded quite well if you do it right. :P

41 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

A tad OT, but what lists are you guys using in uBO?

I import my lists because I rebuild my profile often and I disable my internet during profile creation, these are the lists I'm using:
image.png.93659a531be2a6cc9d6e07e2cca920ab.png

That's unfortunately not enough. What about all default uBlock filters? For blocking YouTube ads, you can enable uBlock filters – Quick fixes and GoodbyeAds-YouTube-AdBlock-Filter. In my thread, you will find my latest release containing all these filter lists and more. And in my article, you will find corresponding images of the tab Filter lists. In any case, I don't get ads in YouTube videos when using my mod uBlock Origin Legacy:P

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

I cannot use your mod uBO Legacy, it is for Mozilla-based and I run Chromium-based.

Seems the LISTS between uBO-Mozilla and uBO-Chromium are DIFFERENT.  I see nothing called "quick fixes" and nothing called "goodbyeads-youtube".

image.thumb.png.a20bbdc2410f80ad7d844ea1ec91866d.png

8 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

When you HOVER OVER your YouTube-AdBlocker-Filter, can you show me what the status bar shows as the SOURCE of the list?

image.png.08079b3e07e4f45475896668bc5640e7.png

I am not at my desktop computer at the moment but surfing with my Android tablet. On FilterLists you will find all you need.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

2 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Didn't work but thanks for providing the list info.

What didn't work? :dubbio: You should enable all built-in filter lists and some more. And import both YouTube lists!

53 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Seems the LISTS between uBO-Mozilla and uBO-Chromium are DIFFERENT.  I see nothing called "quick fixes" and nothing called "goodbyeads-youtube".

BTW, you can't find them there. These list were added in my mod uBlock Origin Legacy by myself. Anyway! Using uBlock Origin and a sufficient number of good filter lists means no ads in YouTube videos. :P

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content