1 hour ago, Jody Thornton said:

Yes but we're not all coders.  I see people putting putting in all sorts of request here all of the time.  MSFN developers, while admittedly of their own kindness, do this because they know there is an audience for it.  It builds expectation, plain and simple.  In other words, I'm going to feel at all poorly about my wishes when I see other making requests left, right and centre here - ALL THE TIME.

People do request a lot. That doesn't mean anything. But the main problem is there must be someone who is willing to develop such 64-bit releases. If there is no serious need or strong demand for such stuff, no one will create those versions. It's as simple as that. Even if you don't want to hear that now. On the other hand, that doesn't mean to give up, either. :P

2 hours ago, reboot12 said:

I don't overwrite anything. I downloaded this:
https://o.rthost.win/palemoon/palemoon-27.10.0.win64-git-20240316-081721a2da-xpmod.7z
https://o.rthost.win/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.8.win64-git-20240224-3219d2d-uxp-b33b661414-xpmod.7z

Test in VMware - fresh installed WinXP SP2 64-bit. Extract both files to C:\Program Files\palemoon and C:\Program Files\basilisk

Browsers have separate folders in %appdata%\Moonchild Productions

you should use NewMoon 28 instead of NewMoon 27 for github.

I'm not a coder either. I was more enthusiastic about it when I was younger and free from having to work for a living. Hacked up some stuff together, some published, some not. I find the whole thing rather boring these days, takes forever to get anywhere. I don't have forever anymore and I'd rather not be glued to the screen 16 hours a day.

Feature requests? Yeah, I'm sick of those at work. Number of bizarre ones among them. I'm not in a position to implement them or decide whether they get implemented, I'm just a messenger.

I'm feeling more disconnected from IT as I get older, wondering a lot of time what's the point of it all. A browser is a browser, a text editor is a text editor, a toaster is a toaster. People seem to be making an elephant out of everything. Why bother? An EMP blast can send everything to kingdom come in an instant.

50 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

you should use NewMoon 28 instead of NewMoon 27 for github.

Yea, in v28 github works OK but code still not fit on preview window - two horizontal scrolling bars.

Edited by reboot12

17 hours ago, UCyborg said:

As a new owner of Raspberry Pi 5, I shall demand an arm64 version with utmost stubbornness!

Oh, who am I kidding, I know nothing will happen unless I try to do it myself...

If you ever manage to build your preferred browser using a Raspberry Pi 5, remember to use the "ac_add_options --disable-debug-symbols" configure flag in your mozconfig file. I'm finally able to build NM27/Arctic-Fox from mid 2020 on wards, and UXP browsers due to that flag (although NM26 and UXP builds are slow, NM27 is almost tolerable), and I don't seem to have a problem with Visual C++ 2012 and later using too much RAM either. @roytam1 In my testing, all browsers starting with NM26 take ~400-500 MB RAM to link libxul. I would like to know what libxul RAM usage is in your testing (preferably with NM27/ArcticFox) with ac_add_options --disable-debug-symbols. As a bonus, compilation times should be reduced.

10 hours ago, ClassicNick said:

If you ever manage to build your preferred browser using a Raspberry Pi 5, remember to use the "ac_add_options --disable-debug-symbols" configure flag in your mozconfig file.

Thanks, I might give it a go some time in the near future. Building on Debian/Ubuntu does look straightforward according to published instructions, should be applicable to Raspberry Pi OS, although there's a question about the state of ARM support in the codebase. I stumbled upon a post by Moonchild few years back that support is supposed to be there and they do provide official Mac OS binaries for ARM, although Mac's ARM is supposedly its own thing, which they might have addressed at the later point, when standard ARM support was already there.

I fear that no one here will convert a webextension to a legacy extension, just on request. nimportequoi.gif The probability for that is close to zero. Especially when it comes to a rather unimportant extension whose function is already covered by some legacy extensions. The effort involved for doing such a project is very significant. The only way is looking for an extension programmer, who usually has to be paid for, or performing such conversion on their own. smilie_denk_24.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

On 3/16/2024 at 8:25 AM, reboot12 said:

I don't overwrite anything. I downloaded this:
https://o.rthost.win/palemoon/palemoon-27.10.0.win64-git-20240316-081721a2da-xpmod.7z
https://o.rthost.win/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.8.win64-git-20240224-3219d2d-uxp-b33b661414-xpmod.7z

Test in VMware - fresh installed WinXP SP2 64-bit. Extract both files to C:\Program Files\palemoon and C:\Program Files\basilisk

Browsers have separate folders in %appdata%\Moonchild Productions

NM 27 and NM 28 typically use the same profile folder: %appdata%\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon. If you wish to use both NM 27 and NM 28 on the same PC, you should make one or both portable to keep their profiles separate. (I believe a portable loader is mentioned in the first post of this thread.)

On 3/14/2024 at 5:52 PM, reboot12 said:

@AstroSkipper

I don't like to change the browser version often because sometimes something else works badly e.g. CPU Fan works longer or the browser closes at an unexpected moment without error.

Is this version Serpent 52 (2024-02-24) stable?

I hear you. But I still update more often than once every five months!

I believe the 2-24 Serpent versions are stable and that's what I'm running now. There have been no updates in several weeks, long enough to identify and fix any big issues.

Hi guys, hope everyone is well. Since everything is very quiet with Serpent I wanted to mention that in my case, I can't open Mega. I didn't mention this before 'cause I didn't think it was that important, you know I'm not much of a troubleshooter and I know Mega is a capricious site that always insists on using updated browsers. Maybe there's a chance we can get it to work? In my case Serpent just closes itself when I enter the site. :dubbio:

2 hours ago, Ascii2 said:

@roytam1,

Do you know why the Session Manager extension does not work in BNavigator?  I posted about the issue at:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185966-my-browser-builds-part-5/?do=findComment&comment=1261059

BN have session store in its own name: https://github.com/roytam1/boc-uxp/blob/custom/navigator/components/sessionstore/SessionStore.manifest#L6