Latest-ish MPC-HC ported for XP

tirigliu

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I haven't checked myself, but the ratings are very low (only 2 stars).

I have, DXVA Checker is especially buggy on older OS and doesn't work with XP. GPUZ is good enough.

No wonder as DXVA Checker demands Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Runtime, and Windows XP is limited to just 4.0

Also, it demands newer redists of 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime x86 (32bit/64bit Windows)

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime x64 (64bit Windows)

Way too much for such a simple tool!

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

DXVA Checker?

That's the one. I checked it when I was still running Windows 8.1.

I'm not concerned about what GPU-Z shows on XP regarding DXVA.

Edited by UCyborg

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

That's the one. I checked it when I was still running Windows 8.1.

I'm not concerned about what GPU-Z shows on XP regarding DXVA.

Oh, good to know. :)

7 hours ago, Dixel said:

If someone ever successfully ported DirectX 11 to XP, it'd be the local news number no. 1, To this date, it didn't happen. So no "maybe". If you still insist, give some links.

I never insist. I was just testing what was on offer, and reported, and you two funny guys have made 10 posts each about it. Well done!. As you said, probably decoding fell back to internal lav (low merit?). Chill out.

In the end, btw, I decided to stick to dvxa copy back, with the decoding on the second gpu, which was mostly useless until now.

I still can't make it play dvd/br. Maybe one or two of you search-gurus can find a way I couldn't?

21 hours ago, dmiranda said:

I still can't make it play dvd/br.

Most of BluRay/DVDs have copy protection/encryption. On MPC-HC page at github they write what to do about it.

Well done!. As you said, probably decoding fell back to internal lav (low merit?). Chill out.

I'm absolutely chill, in fact, I'm on holidays at a very beautiful place (Dutch territories in Latin America). So what makes you think I'm not?

You are again wrong, you simply confuse codecs with acceleration. Internal LAV are codecs, DirectX 11 is acceleration. Acceleration can't "fall back" and make the codec do the acceleration.

Study, study, study.

Maybe one or two of you search-gurus

Oh, and quit trolling/mocking around, you had been already explained in the past, you're one the most disrespectful entities I've ever seen. 

Stick to the topic only.

2 hours ago, ED_Sln said:

I have an older version of DXVAChecker that runs on XP. Requires .Net 4.0 or 3.5, can't remember exactly and C++ 2017.

https://mega.nz/file/e25QSQAa#fRD6Y2kD9iHFbORnGylq63Vs4Fhg8xDkxaG0APtyEj4

That version requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6, however, you can edit the .config file and change .NETFramework,Version to v4.0, and it will run normally on Windows XP.

Edited by mina7601

54 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

That version requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6, however, you can edit the .config file and change .NETFramework,Version to v4.0, and it will run normally on Windows XP.

Oops, for some reason the files from the 7+ version are in the folder. I've reuploaded the correct version. I found that it requires .Net 3.5 and C++ 2008.