ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2044 rebuild 2

Agreed!  Same here.

Despite (finally) moving to Win10 on a few of my computers (which also enables much more advanced chrome.dll decompile/disassembly tools), my XP remains my true workhorse where a good 80% plus of my tasks are performed.

360Chrome even remains my primary browser on even my Win10 computers!  Ungoogled v114 is a very close second.

Download links now included in first post of this thread.

Note that even though 360Chrome remains my primary browser even on my Win10 computers, I still use the XP skin.

Users that create their own skins or revert to original Chinese skins are of course welcome to do so, it is YOUR computer - it should be disclosed when asking for assistance if your version has been modified.

Nice Job.

Anything I can do to make the fonts looks a little more clear like prevous release. All the "M"'s looked mushed together.

image(1).png.3e4fee3a502d337634eb7a3215d7a3f5.png

image.png.77078309cf2b2d16a8ab45108e496839.png

thats cool.

Edited by verta

Testing now. I use 360 for big social media, and for what st52 can't handle (to see if 360 or mypal do). So far, the youtube rendition is excelent: fast, crisp, with required tweaks neither nags nor ads, very good sound (using system settings tweaked to my taste). Whasapp is ok, on its own I can run a session for a few minutes without a crash, which is good enough for my ocassional use of said beast outside the phone. Facebook works fine (after some initial hickups with tampermonkey-social fixer fb), with faster and crearer audio-video than before (says placebo).

Debasing would be great, though. RAM usage is very good once a heavy social media page is fully loaded and running; loading it is very RAM expensive, though, particularly if you are running two or more social media tabs (say fb and yt, yt and wup, so on so for).

Thank you very much for sharing this.  

Edited by dmiranda

6 hours ago, verta said:

Anything I can do to make the fonts looks a little more clear like prevous release. All the "M"'s looked mushed together.

Unfortunately fonts depend on the browser version, not their themes, I had encountered different quality of fonts and levels of brightness from one version to another, that's why I decided to stick with the older versions. 

From what I remember, 2036 was too oversaturated and bright, with less defined fonts (not sharp). 

Early 13.5 were good. 13.0.2036.0 simply terrible to my taste.

This one, 2044 has less clear fonts than 1030, again to my taste.

It somehow depends on the OS and the fonts installed on that OS.

For my XP x86, XP x64, and Win10 x64 systems, all of my 1030, 2022, 2036, and 2044 builds all look EXACTLY the same on ALL of my XPs and 10s.

As far as that goes, my 360Chrome v11, v12, v13, and v13.5 builds all look EXACTLY the same on ALL of my XPs and 10s.

My systems do a registry font-replace and I avoid Segoe UI font like the bubonic plague!  But @verta's image above is not Segoe UI so I am assuming he is on XP.

His image appears to be a combination of a larger than normal 96 DPI setting for XP coupled with a ClearType "fattening" of fonts.

I hate ClearType and don't normally test any of my releases on any ClearType system config.

I'm at a loss at the moment.  All of my v11, v12, v13, and v13.5, several builds of each, all look exactly identical on all of my XPs and Win10s.

30 minutes ago, Dixel said:

I had encountered different quality of fonts and levels of brightness from one version to another

I've not witnessed either.  Others have reported brightness differences.  I have a screencap program that shows the RGB color under the cursor and I have been unable to replicate/confirm brightness differences.

I've not tweaked any color palette profiles and use un-hacked graphics drivers.  Not the latest-and-greatest driver, just whatever I started using when originally installed the computers over a DECADE ago.

Several reinstalls since, of course, but always with the drivers I've been using for over a decade.  None of my computers are newer than 8yrs old or so.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It somehow depends on the OS and the fonts installed on that OS.

I only use the default fonts, I don't change or install custom fonts, and yes, my video driver is too very old. I have GTX TItan 6GB, it's over a decade old, outdated card of Vista era.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I hate ClearType and don't normally test any of my releases on any ClearType system config.

I had it off, which is done by a couple of clicks in Vista, and you will have an identical XP looking fonts.

https://techjourney.net/disable-and-turn-off-cleartype-fonts-in-windows-vista/

In Win7 it's simply impossible to achieve, 7's fonts are ugly and blurry, no matter what you do.

11 hours ago, verta said:

My letter M does not get smushed, even with your theme.

However, your theme does highlight a very minor difference in letter C and letter P that should be enough for me to track down why this is happening.

If my letter M looked like your smushed M, I would have abandoned 360Chrome a long time ago, lol.