ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2044 rebuild 2

The first-launch ONLY after each and every reboot or resume from hibernate "can't" be a browser issue.

*EVERY* browser that I use on *ANY* of the seven computers *ALL* do this first-launch delay.

I don't really have a good debug method for this issue, but none of the seven computers have the same video cards.

Serpent 52, NM27, NM28, 360Chrome, Ungoogled Chromium - they *ALL* have this first-launch delay, each and every one of them.

edit - it would be nice to know why **ALL** browsers on **ALL** of my computers have this first-launch only delay, but since **ALL** browsers do this on my computers, it's perhaps "off-topic" for this thread.

edit2 - perhaps I should also point out that **ALL** of my browsers are *portable*, none of my computers are set up with a "default" web browser and none of them use "installed" browser versions.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

If anyone wants the "error codes" page restored, please provide a screencap of when any errors were encountered with the errorpage.zip that another member submitted.

All I am seeing is a sh!tlo@d of www. so. com, www. dd. browser. 360. cn, and browser. 360. cn chinese telemetry crap and ZERO "value-add".

But maybe I just don't know "how" to FIND any of the errors that some want an "error code page" for ???

On 10/7/2023 at 4:10 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

If you truly want to edit the "Add to favorite" in this context menu, this is the 5386 file inside en-us.pak.

Thank you, applied. I wonder could it be added to the release, it would be fair since it had it originally, like in MS Edge.

I'll be continuing to use "bookmarks" as I have in the past.

As Dave-H mentioned, it is much more standard.

Edge and IE are the only browsers that still use "favorites" instead of "bookmarks".

I could list a hundred browsers that all use the word "bookmarks" instead of "favorites".

I'd have to also list versions, of course, but give me time and I bet I can come up with a hundred.

That probably sounds like I'm exaggerating, but I kind of don't think it is.

I don't have the time to list them at the moment as I do have a career to maintain.  :cool:

edit:  kind of does make me curious, what year/version did Mozilla switch from "favorite" to "bookmark"?  what year/version did Chrome switch from "favorite" to "bookmark"?  what year/version did Opera switch from "favorite" to "bookmark"?

i kind of suspect that "all" browsers used "favorite" back in the day, hmmm...

I've found an other site that render wrong the internet page : superuser, example:
https://superuser.com/questions/383063/windows-media-player-11-codec-installation

It's Ok with version 2036. I've try with a more recent user agent switch without success.

Site is declared unsecure, seems a certificate missing error ....

Edited by seven4ever

15 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Edge and IE are the only browsers that still use "favorites"

It's the other way around, Edge and IE are iconic browsers that use "favourites", all other are just third party apps.

360 Chrome also uses favourites and used, before you changed it.

Does Edge and IE have a "British" version and a "US" version?

ie, does the installer know to use favourite if British and favorite in US?

I've never seen favourite with a U and it looks like something a 3rd grader would do as an accident to me, like when my brother would draw an S and an R backwards when he was 4yrs old.

At any rate, doesn't matter, I'm sticking with "bookmarks" and I have no problem providing an exact how-to for anyone to change it to whatever they prefer it to be.

But no, I'm not going to release three versions just for the sake of one word.

Look at it this way, are we asking the creator of Supermium to change favorite to favourite?  Or does Supermium use bookmark also?  And if so, are we asking bookmark to be changed to favourite in Supermium?

So why is it such a "hot" issue here if not for Supermium?  Or New Moon?  Or Serpent?

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Does Edge and IE have a "British" version and a "US" version?.... I've never seen favourite with a U and it looks like something a 3rd grader would do as an accident to me, like when my brother would draw an S and an R backwards when he was 4yrs old. ...

So why is it such a "hot" issue here if not for Supermium?  Or New Moon?  Or Serpent?

I'm from up here in Canuckistan :D where we also use the Queen's English.  However, I always tend to use US English installations, only because I sense somehow that US English is perhaps more compatible, since many applications (and Windows) are developed there.  Less adjustment, or chance exists for things to go wrong.

However, referring to "Queen's English" spellings as third-grade like is somewhat insulting.  Remember, the American spellings are the "simplified" ones that came along later.

Edited by Jody Thornton

3 hours ago, Cocodile said:

It's the other way around, Edge and IE are iconic browsers that use "favourites", all other are just third party apps.

360 Chrome also uses favourites and used, before you changed it.

Must be the UK version.  I admit to using US English and haven't ever seen it.

How are IE or Edge "iconic"?

4 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

However, referring to "Queen's English" spellings as third-grade like is somewhat insulting.  Remember, the American spellings are the "simplified" ones that came along later.

Absolutely!

Must be the UK version.  I admit to using US English and haven't ever seen it.

How so? You aren't a spy, are you? When you install the GB version of OS,

everything gets proper spelling, even Nvidia Panel has "colour"  instead of whatever

improper spelling they use. Every other English OS version will also have the 

proper spelling, except only 1 country localised version (US). (screenshot as proof)

How are IE or Edge "iconic"?

Internet Explorer: Microsoft kills iconic browser

https://www.dw.com/en/internet-explorer-microsoft-kills-iconic-internet-browser/a-62142230

The iconic Microsoft Internet Explorer browser to be killed

https://tech.hindustantimes.com/tech/news/the-iconic-microsoft-internet-explorer-browser-to-be-killed-off-know-the-date-71653489928115.html

Internet Explorer: The fall of the iconic browser

https://www.chartr.co/stories/2022-06-15-1-internet-explorer

Microsoft retires iconic Internet Explorer web browser after 27 years

https://theedgemalaysia.com/article/microsoft-retires-iconic-internet-explorer-web-browser-after-27-years

Enough?

Why do you ignore the fact this browser originally didn't have "bookmarks"?

Proper spelling Nvidia Panel.png

@Jody Thornton and @Cocodile

You both present fair and coherent arguments.

I'm not "ignoring" that even this browser originally used "favorite" in the context menu being discussed.
However, original Chrome v86 does not have this context menu entry, the Chinese added it.

This horse is dead and I see no point in discussing further.

There will be no closing of threads due to such a trivial 'issue'.
This is NotHereToPlayGames' project, and they decide how it proceeds.
Please let's concentrate on getting what is probably the last version of this browser which can be used on XP up to scratch, and hope that it extends pretty much trouble free browsing on XP for a while longer. 360Chrome has already extended this for me for a couple of years, for which I'm very grateful.
:yes: