ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2044 rebuild 2

6 hours ago, Dave-H said:

@Cocodile

NotHereToPlayGames is doing valuable work here, and doesn't deserve snide off-topic comments.

Dave, respectfully, no no no, I wasn't making a mockery out of anyone. You just missed the dialogue (he deleted it),

hence you'r'e missing the whole picture. He, and I quote, "demanded to make proof" the method by @Anbimaworked,

all in a very rude form, then someone edited his angry replies where he accused me of not telling the truth(!) . 

But the most important thing is @NotHereToPlayGamessimply couldn't find a simple word in the UI, and that's more of a self-mockery. 

As for me, I tried to ignore his rudeness and posted only on-topic questions - all regarding build 2044 (except my comment about the spammers, sorry for that!). 

I'm adding the screenshot for you to see. The word "favorite" in the middle! Was it hard to find? Was it needed to be that rude?

Now would be nice to hear from @NotHereToPlayGames, I was out of line. Cocodile, I'm sorry.

I forgive him in advance!

fav screen.png

THAT IS NOT MY GUI.  PERIOD.  And I knew it wouldn't be.

You can NOT blame ME when YOU introduced "favorite".

MY gui says ADD TO BOOKMARKS.

YOU wanted a DARK THEME, YOU modified my upload, then YOU have the audacity to BLAME ME for the word "favorite" being in what YOU introduced to YOUR modified version.

At the BARE MINIMUM, that is not my GUI, it's that simple.

STOP "turning this around".

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

THAT IS NOT MY GUI !!!  PERIOD !!!

You can NOT blame ME when YOU introduced "favorite" !!!

MY gui says ADD TO BOOKMARKS !!!

YOU wanted a DARK THEME, YOU modified my upload, then YOU have the audacity to BLAME ME for the word "favorite" being in what YOU introduced to YOU modified version !!!

STOP "turning this around" !!!

I didn't modify anything! It's the light GUI from build 2044 (which is the topic's title!). I'm posting in the appropriate thread.

I asked if it could be changed in advance. Do you understand the English future tense?

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185049-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v1352044-rebuild-1/?do=findComment&comment=1252626

Okay, that is fair.  Yes (as in "I will not have the word "favorite" in my modified version").  I do not use the word "favorite" but nor will I use the word "favourite".  I will continue to use "bookmarks" as all of my previous versions have used.

I assume "bookmarks" is the same in US English as it is GB English ???

image.thumb.png.91af4444011b25d6642aa7d7d481623e.png

Along the lines of US versus GB, @Anbima's "fix" does not change the gui's context menu.  Or wouldn't your context menu show "favourite" which is what started this whole "discussion"?

The "accept_languages" setting in the Preferences file would effect web page content only, not the gui.

Okay, that is fair.  Yes (as in "I will not have the word "favorite" in my modified version").  I do not use the word "favorite" but nor will I use the word "favourite".  I will continue to use "bookmarks" as all of my previous versions have used.

I assume "bookmarks" is the same in US English as it is GB English ???

I prefer favourites, maybe we need to ask @Dave-H, as the main user of this browser, Dave, do you want to see favourites in the GUI?

For me favorites without "U" is like rain without water! 

Along the lines of US versus GB, @Anbima's "fix" does not change the gui's context menu.  Or wouldn't your context menu show "favourite" which is what started this whole "discussion"?

The "accept_language" setting in the Preferences file would effect web page content only, not the gui.

His fix works for the second part of my second question, which had been asked in a very simple English.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185049-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v1352044-rebuild-1/?do=findComment&comment=1252632

My apologies in advance, but I will "likely" veto any vote on this.  I'm not saying that I'm not listening to user feedback, I am.  But I cannot find any browser that uses the word favorite or favourite, they all use bookmark.

Firefox 115.3.1 ESR uses bookmark throughout its gui.

Ungoogled Chromium 117 uses bookmark throughout its gui.

Official Pale Moon 32.4.1 uses bookmark throughout its gui.

Opera One 103 uses bookmark throughout its gui.

Serpent 52.9.0 uses bookmark throughout its gui.

Mypal and New Moon both use bookmark throughout their gui.

I know that I have SEEN the word "favorite" in browsers of the past, but I cannot find one at the moment.

Opera One did use the word "favourite" DURING SETUP, but once installed, it uses bookmark throughout its gui.

I honestly cannot FIND a web browser that refers to bookmarks as "favorites".

Perhaps it was decided long ago that "bookmark" is UNIVERSAL ???

Maybe even because of discussions exactly like this - ie, "favorite" versus "favourite".

Granted, all of these installed browsers during this little test all are on the same Win10 OS and it is an "en-us" install.

But on this side of the pond, favorites WITH the U is just not what we do here.  We don't put a U in COLOR either.  Nor in HONOR.

Internet Explorer and Edge used/use 'favo(u)rites' and I can't immediately think of any other browsers that do.
Being from an Opera (Presto) and Firefox background, I would always rather use 'bookmarks'.
:yes:

I forgot to tell, I already use the browser for several days, it's fast'n'nice, mostly in English, yes I have to tolerate the ugly "favorite". 

I deleted many files from it (since in this version no CRC check or other files protection).

Addition, I'll post the list tomorrow.

Edited by Cocodile

22 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I've got rid of all the ones that you and others reported, but yes, there's bound to be more!
:realmad:

Yep.  I still think the FLOOD CONTROL needs to remain in place (I kind of hope this is also tied to the abused "like" also).  But today they just opened a "hundred" accounts and posted their "hundred" spams all one at a time.

I can't help but LMFAO at all of the ANTIVIRUS / SECURITY names in today's spams.

13 hours ago, Cocodile said:

I'll post the list tomorrow.

audiomute.dll

change_wallpaper.zip

chrome.dll

chrome_100_percent.pak

chrome_elf.dll

errorpage.zip

filename.txt

history.zip

icudtl.dat