ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2044 rebuild 2

nocoin.dat is not needed but references to it likely need removed from chrome.dll before we remove the .dat, I'm not that far in yet

libegl.dll and libglesv2.dll ARE NEEDED for some computers but do not seem to be needed for others, these will remain in my releases

I remove the "snap" module from my releases

I also remove the wallpaper content

I've removed audiomute in the past and tabs still mute, this could be something that XP does not need but newer OSs do, will need to test

I removed filename.txt and have seen no side effects upon its removal, will verify

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

SOME users will *NEED* the Vulcan .dll's, some users will not.  They will remain INCLUDED.

Vulkan doesn't work and was never supported on XP, it's a form of a hard acceleration, which is not possible with XP.

D.Draker made that MISTAKE also.

The files are not "only" for Vulkan!

Anything higher than v13 build 2206 crashes on MY system when the so-called "Vulkan" files are removed.  Other members have also presented issues when they are removed.  They will stay.

You are free to remove them on your end, of course.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I removed filename.txt and have seen no side effects upon its removal, will verify

lol, filename.txt is not related to the browser, how could you remove it?

It's something that is created automatically when you export filenames via cmd.

You couldn't even have it at the first place! XP doesn't even support cmd filename export, I think.

8 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

SOME users will *NEED* the Vulcan .dll's, some users will not.  They will remain INCLUDED.

None of these are Vulkan related!

lolo, I'm shocked, I thought you were supposed to know that, no?  

Those two are ANGLE libraries: 

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/147271

Angle doesn't work and was never supported on XP, it's a form of a hard acceleration, which is not possible with XP.

As I've stated, 360Chrome crashes without these dll's for me and for a few other members (first launch after each and every restart or resume from hibernate).

You can delete them if you don't want them.  But your debate will not convince me to remove them because again, as I have stated, 360Chrome crashes on MY COMPUTER without them.

Debate for the sake of prolonged argument is not helping anyone.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

As I've stated, 360Chrome crashes without these dll's for me and for a few other members (first launch after each and every restart or resume from hibernate).

Did you try to replace 'em with blanks? Perhaps the browser just wants them to be there (checking integrity).

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Really?

spacer.png

Yes, really, take a look. Let me remind you, another browsers are off-topic here.

"Disabled features:all.

The browser will fall back to software compositing and hardware acceleration will be unavailable."

angle dx11 only.png

Edited by Cocodile
screenshot

@UCyborg - The .dll's will remain, regardless of what Cocodile has to say.  You and I have already been over this, it has become pointless to discuss further.

Again, and I shouldn't have to keep repeating myself, those that do not want the .dll's are free to remove them on THEIR system, *MY* system **NEEDS** them.  And I know that I'm not the only one!