ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2044 rebuild 2

20 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Will manually update certificate store this evening.

This seems the best method - https://msfn.org/board/topic/181915-system-certificates-updater-the-easy-way/

TBH, not really. The easiest and best method is to use, for example, @heinoganda's Certificate Updater or my most recent offline updater. You can get it here

in the section 11.2.4. Downloads related to Root Certificate Updates.

Cheers, AstroSkipper

Edited by AstroSkipper

8 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I guess to me, 360Chrome has served its purpose (ie, buy some time while tweaking Win10 to my satisfaction).

Which is fine, I just find it interesting how back then, there was one big thing (my bank) that Serpent/New Moon could do on XP, but 360Chrome could not, since the latter otherwise tends to fare better with websites with known bells and whistles. Unsure if there is/was a workaround, it'd be funny if it turned out there was a "continue anyway" option I didn't see, I certainly remember seeing it (in Chinese) for normal certificate errors at some later point.

I also admit I didn't mess with MiniBrowser much, but I don't recall if there was anything particular that I found odd. Though even on Mozilla side, Serpent doesn't really reflect my preferred browser, but it was setup years ago and just left it at that, good enough to see live how one can still browse on XP, didn't feel like doing the whole setup again on New Moon.

That issue with my bank site back then, would be interesting to know how to reproduce, I'm not aware of any test sites that would ask for a certificate, but there's also personal data involved, so...or if you could setup something locally.

@seven4ever Are you sad that the "Your search resulted in over 1000 matching updates. Only the first 1000 are returned. To narrow your search, try adding additional keywords to your search terms." message appeared? If so, that's not a bug, and it's not something 360Chrome has control over. It's how Microsoft Update Catalog website is designed.

Edit: Disregard.

Edited by mina7601
Disregard.

12 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You will need to elaborate.  Everything seems to be working perfectly fine for that link here.

After rebooting i have correct rendering.

Yesterday I had blank cases for each search result line.

I will post if I get it back.

You may have had a "disappearing fonts" issue.

This has been reported on v13.0 builds and in some v13.5 builds though much rarer with v13.5.

I've never actually witnessed it in v13.5 but v13.0 builds would do this quite freqently for me (but only when Stylus was editing a userstyle).

If it happens again, hover your mouse over where one of the result lines are supposed to be displayed, sometimes a mouse hover "un-disappears" the font.

Or do a "Ctrl-A" to highlight the ENTIRE page and see if there is "evidence" of the disappeared font.

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You may have had a "disappearing fonts" issue.

This has been reported on v13.0 builds and in some v13.5 builds though much rarer with v13.5.

I've never actually witnessed it in v13.5 but v13.0 builds would do this quite freqently for me (but only when Stylus was editing a userstyle).

If it happens again, hover your mouse over where one of the result lines are supposed to be displayed, sometimes a mouse hover "un-disappears" the font.

Or do a "Ctrl-A" to highlight the ENTIRE page and see if there is "evidence" of the disappeared font.

Several years ago, when I used this browser, I also had this issue, but I fixed it with the famous --no-sandbox flag (which makes ones browser non-secure).

The font issue is easy to reproduce here.

https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Unable to reproduce here.  I do no use the --no-sandbox flag (nor recommend it, for that matter).  But I'm also on 1030 at the moment.

You need to open several random pages and wait, it will appear. Sometimes need to minimize the browser with these pages opened.