ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2044 rebuild 2

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

I can not even like or upvote today?

It actually depends on at which time you ran out of likes/upvotes. For example, if you ran out of them at 8:30 PM, then you have to wait until tomorrow at 8:30 PM, and you will have them again, and so on.

Edited by mina7601

52 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

It actually depends on at which time you ran out of likes/upvotes. For example, if you ran out of them at 8:30 PM, then you have to wait until tomorrow at 8:30 PM, and you will have them again, and so on.

Oh, I see, thank you.

Try this.
Go to https://downloadtestfile.com/ and select either the 10GB or 5GB Large Test File.
No need to download the entire file.
Do not use a "download manager", we are testing 360Chrome's download speed, not the speed of a "download manager".
Once downloading, open 360Chrome's Download Manager dialog and report what speed that file downloads for you.

image.png.53f00aa3047be83f0c1850e39a01502f.png

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Well that is strange because for me and @dmiranda YT is choppy,

No. It is ok in 360chrome and mypal, with the last working version of enhancer for youtube. It stutters in st52 (or else it stops, probably wherever an ad is scheduled, and stays there until hitting space twice -one to pause the frozen rendering, the other to start playing again).

As we all nlite and tweak XP beyond recognition (newbs call that frankesteining your 20 years old XP), though, everything is possible :P

Edited by dmiranda

I personally dislike using YouTube as some form of a "barometer" to gauge whether a web browser is "good" or not, whether an old computer is "good" or not, et cetera.

My host computer has NEVER stuttered on YouTube.  NEVER!

360Chrome v13.5 is the ONLY web browser I've ever used on YouTube.  So I have NO CLUE how ANY other browser would or would not perform as far as YouTube is concerned.

In fact, until becoming an MSFN Member and sharing these 360Chrome builds, I have literally NEVER visited YouTube.

Okay, "never say never".  I knew it played ADS left and right and therefore I would boycott the living sh#t out of ever "wanting" anything to do with YouTube.

It was only because of "all" members here at MSFN being "YouTube Junkies" that I myself kind of 'had to' find a way to make YouTube "tolerable" (ie, ENHANCER FOR YOUTUBE, "don't leave home without it").

And sure, nowadays I am on YouTube daily at work for "background noise".

But as far as STUTTERS - I've never encountered any on my host computer - not on my 16GB RAM XP x64, not on my 2GB RAM XP x86.  I do get stutters in a VM even with 3GB RAM allocated.

No stutters if I use a non-rebased 360Chrome using 200MB per process.  No stutters if I use a rebased 360Chrome with per-process RAM under control.

No stutters on build 1030 which I'm showing as having RAM under control without even rebasing (provided we don't let it load both "360base.dll" and "chrome.dll").

And the FUNNY thing about YouTube is the GREAT LENGTHS its "userbase" will go to make it "tolerable".

I find various YouTube "front-ends" to peg CPU or RAM much MUCH higher than just "regular" YouTube - yet folks will still swear by the use of those "front-ends".

As even recent discussions have pointed out, many "tamers" for YouTube also peg CPU or RAM much MUCH higher than just using "regular" YouTube.

Sometimes we just make life difficult on ourselves and life would be so much easier if we just learned to not make our own lives difficult.

Is YouTube "stuttering" because you are playing 1080p or 1440p "high def"?

I personally play everything at 480p.  And the very RARE times that I select 720p or even 1080p, THERE IS NO VIDEO DIFFERENCE.  At least very rarely!

Playing a video at 1080p when it was RECORDED from something only capable of recording 480p - video resolution doesn't miraculously "upscale" like that.

360Chrome uses the Windows XP setting for edge smoothing.
Is it possible to tell 360Chrome to use edge smoothing even if it is disabled in the Windows XP settings?

I always have to switch on edge smoothing before starting 360Chrome and switch it off again once it has started.