ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2044 rebuild 2

Agreed, @NotHereToPlayGames. I also think discussion of features (that used to work on XP) inherent to the common codebase (Chromium), which the browser is based on is perfectly valid and on-topic. Surely it would be extensive undertaking to bring WebGL performance on newer Chromium codebase back to speed on XP, unlike back in the day when it was being gradually phased out and you could still get it to work on slightly newer versions of Chromium of the time by adding/replacing certain support DLLs.

But even in the case of occassional off-topic remark, who cares?? We've been over this as well and it's not worth commenting any further.

Note to self -

Audio mute/unmute in Win10 does not require additional files for tab function or for skin function (audiomute.dll not required).

Audio mute/unmute in XP works from tab without additional files but from skin requires additional files (in addition to audiomute.dll).

Note 2  --  khtn.dat

Note 3  --  Humming Owl also KEEPS both sets of libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll in 13.0.2310, did not check other versions

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Skin mute/unmute in XP requires 360base.dll and audiomute.dll - in the past, I removed both of these .dll's (Humming Owl also removed both of these files in 13.0.2310, did not check other versions).

During this rebuild, I have isolated these files to be required if we want to be able to mute/unmute from the skin's "speaker icon".

Win10 doesn't require either one of these two files in order to mute/unmute.

Have not tested in Win7 (do not have access to Win8 or Vista).

The mute/unmute from the skin's "speaker icon" may have been a topic of discussion many many MANY months ago.

I can restore that function but I will need to isolate additional "features" of 360base.dll - it may be safe but I'm not going to "assume" it to be safe.

setdefbrowser.dll is required in XP and Win10 in order to set as default browser from within settings.

In the past, the Russian Repack removed this file therefore it was not included in my builds of the past.

Humming Owl also did not include this file in 13.0.2310, did not check other versions.

On 10/1/2023 at 1:43 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Create Base Folder Structure                

Source File:           https://lrepacks.net/repaki-programm-dlya-interneta/182-360-extreme-explorer-amp-portable.html
    Description:            360Chrome 13.5.2036.0 (Repack & Portable)

Source File:           https://down.360safe.com/cse/360cse_13.5.2044.0.exe
    Description:            360Chrome 13.5.2044.0

Program needed:            7-Zip or similar

Wy did you have 2 source files ?

After suppressions, the snapshoot tool is no more working.

Edited by seven4ever

2 hours ago, seven4ever said:

Wy did you have 2 source files ?

Because I will continue to use the "loader" .exe/.ini and this is obtained from the Russian Repack set of files.

2 hours ago, seven4ever said:

After suppressions, the snapshoot tool is no more working.

Agreed.  I do not use the snapshot tool and have it removed in all of my releases.

6 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

<disregard, still testing>

You deleted already, but in reply to this, it's not normal you get 20+ secs delays, it's simply not normal, for me it starts in milliseconds on a usual HDD (not SSD).

Ever considered to try to change the VGA driver?