Supermium

18 hours ago, Dave-H said:

At the moment yes it is, it's still my default browser.
It is starting to have problems with some sites though, so it's good to now have Supermium to fall back on.
:yes:

Agree with you...

20 hours ago, Dave-H said:

At the moment yes it is, it's still my default browser.
It is starting to have problems with some sites though, so it's good to now have Supermium to fall back on.

360Chrome was my default until only about 10 days ago or so.

My checking account no longer works with 360Chrome.  :realmad:

I spent about four hours attempting to track down why and finally gave up, running Official Ungoogled Chromium v114 as my default (it's been my default at work, now it's my default at home).

I actually still prefer 360Chrome and even trust it (edit: my config of it) more than Official Ungoogled Chromium.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

I guess you're not using Official Ungoogled Chromium v114 on XP!
That's the main problem for many of us here, we want a browser that will still work on XP, and unfortunately the Chromium 86 based 360Chrome is now starting to get a bit too old.
Chromium 112 based Supermium has no compatibility problems, but it's very slow and a dreadful resource hog!
:(

4 hours ago, Dave-H said:

we want a browser that will still work on XP

Good luck.  "Been there, done that."  I've basically given up on XP.

MOST here have!  They'll just use their "secondary Win10", their MOBILE PHONE, or TABLET for the INCREASING number of things that can no longer be done in XP.

It's SAD, we XP users gave it a good go.

I continue to monitor Supermium, NM28, and St52 - but I can't "bank" with any of them "yet".  As always, will see what "tomorrow brings".

5 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I guess you're not using Official Ungoogled Chromium v114 on XP!
That's the main problem for many of us here, we want a browser that will still work on XP, and unfortunately the Chromium 86 based 360Chrome is now starting to get a bit too old.
Chromium 112 based Supermium has no compatibility problems, but it's very slow and a dreadful resource hog!
:(

Yes, I use it but I have to make sure everything in the background is turned off because its get slower as time progresses and I the clear browser traces doesn't work well on my system but that could be a bug - It just hangs from time to time and I use to go to the task manager and close all instances of Chrome. 

Edited by XPerceniol

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

....Good luck.  "Been there, done that."  I've basically given up on XP.

MOST here have!

I'm going to hang on till the bitter end I think.

As did I.

Strike 1  --  my Chase credit card web site could not work in XP  ---  I cancelled my credit card to keep XP alive and kicking.
Strike 2  --  my water billpay web site could not work in XP  ---  I ditched NM28 and stuck with 360Chrome for a few years.
Strike 3  --  my checking account web site could not work in XP  ---  I bought a "burner phone" with NO PHONE SERVICE and just use the checking account app over home wi-fi and "burner phone OS".
Strike 4  --  "burner phone" became too much of a hassle as I "hate, hate, hate" mobile phones  ---  upgraded primary computer to Win10 and 360Chrome will work for checking account in Win10 but not in XP.
Strike 5  --  checking account no longer works on Win10 + 360Chrome  ---  now all home computers run Win10 + Ungoogled Chromium v114.

Oh, to not stray too far from topic  --  my checking account DOES work in Supermium but I've only tried in Win10.  Will try in XP VM one of these days just for curiosity.

I've been following this thread and actually look forward to the day where Ungoogled Supermium + WinXP (+ GDI font rendering?) will serve my needs.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

5 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Yes, I use it but I have to make sure everything in the background is turned off because its get slower as time progresses and I the clear browser traces doesn't work well on my system but that could be a bug - It just hangs from time to time and I use to go to the task manager and close all instances of Chrome. 

Wait, whaaat? How do you use Ungoogled Chromium v114 on XP? You probably misread? BTW, @NotHereToPlayGames, Supermium works on modern websites with sophisticated checks, I can use it for my gym, but the memory leaking problem, Dave and Saxon mentioned*, it's simply unbearable!

EDIT:* and many folks on github.

Edited by D.Draker

20 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

but the memory leaking problem

Agreed.  I have the same issue with Serpent 52.  It runs 24/7 on a laptop with only two St52 windows each with only one tab.  Strictly just my own email server.  I have to exit/relaunch St52 about every 8th or 9th day to prevent St52 from crashing.

I don't think I've ever hit 8 or 9 minutes with Supermium - but it's still quite young and I have high faith in its developer/development.

I think Supermium is going to be a very logical choice for those using 2000 or XP, but I do wonder how many people will still be stuck on XP this time next year. Once my hardware fails and I have to get something new, I'd likely NOT install XP again because I think it had its day and were just waiting for the same reason (refusal to update/upgrade hardware)....

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I think Supermium is going to be a very logical choice for those using 2000 or XP, but I do wonder how many people will still be stuck on XP this time next year. Once my hardware fails and I have to get something new, I'd likely NOT install XP again because I think it had its day and were just waiting for the same reason (refusal to update/upgrade hardware)....

Same to you , I still use XP because my PC is too old, if my laptop was broken, i have to buy a new one, it must be can't install xp