RyanVM has indeed gone I'm afraid.
We will need to find somewhere else to stay in contact if there are problems with MSFN in the future.
Anyone any suggestions?
Preferably not company forums.
:dubbio:

I posted on Reboot.pro about it, but since Xper doesn't post anywhere, there isn't really a place to get reliable info relating to the server. There just are places we can congregate temporarily if need be.

Vista forum, maybe? Though, you all would have to upgrade to Vista, hence the name.

And the site has the abominable, idiotic cloudfare "protection" (fingerprinting).

I usually boycott such websites.

https://www.vistax64.com/

I don't think we should use a board that's specific to any operating system.
There is still an active XP forum of course!
:D
Another general PC system support forum would be best, assuming that MSFN isn't now the last one standing!
:dubbio:

3 hours ago, mina7601 said:

My Digital Life forum does look like a good option, but the thing is, it doesn't have a Web Browsers forum.

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/

That would seem like a good fit.
I'm not talking about us continuing all our thread conversations there, all we need is a thread, probably in their 'Chit Chat' section, where we can discuss the status of the MSFN forum as a whole.
As long as they don't object to us discussing what they would probably consider to be a 'rival forum' there of course!
:)

3 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I'm not talking about us continuing all our thread conversations there, all we need is a thread, probably in their 'Chit Chat' section, where we can discuss the status of the MSFN forum as a whole.
As long as they don't object to us discussing what they would probably consider to be a 'rival forum' there of course!

I'm already registered there so I don't think ot would be a problem unless it starts the war.of the forums again

eclipse.cx would be one of the options as quite a few msfn members are registered there and they seem to have a really good admin there to help with issues and it seems to be the only forum with the most contact with here

Edited by legacyfan

13 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

my digitallife is a hacking and pirating forum I don't think msfn would fit in well there

My Digital Life (MDL) is a great forum with less restrictions than others. I am a member there since 2009 when it was still named forums.mydigitallife.info and not forums.mydigitallife.net. But more in the form of a passive member than an active one. Already posted comments can be edited at any time. I mention that because there are many forums with a lot of restrictions such as Malwarebytes Forums or Windows XP Forums. And I agree to @Dave-H, the Chit Chat subforum would be the right place if MDL is wanted. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper