Mental Health Awareness Month

Vistapocalypse

ive decided to come back but with changes being made that will help with my problems (ways to keep me motivated without feeling bad for myself all the time) it helps with the depression 

Edited by legacyfan

On 5/6/2023 at 5:12 PM, UCyborg said:

It's not surprising at all. People are insufferable, scum everywhere you look, lying, deceiving, stepping over each other for monetary gain, psychological violence etc. It is my opinion if you take the gun and shoot some random people, it's highly likely you've done more good for the world than bad. Heck, that bullet in the head was probably too good for them.

I believe it's better for one's mental health to avoid as much contact with other people as possible and reduce the chances of ending up in harm's way. Indeed that would be easier with sufficient wealth or at least if you manage to find a tolerable job that doesn't involve dealing with other people.

Wow you're a kind fella ! xD

We have a very low crime rate in my city, mostly due to the fact that foreigners simply can't allow themselves to live here, too expensive.

Also, I don't allow shootings of the locals here.

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Wow you're a kind fella ! xD

We have a very low crime rate in my city, mostly due to the fact that foreigners simply can't allow themselves to live here, too expensive.

Also, I don't allow shootings of the locals here.

Smallville didn't seem so expensive, or is that Metropolis?

jaclaz

On 5/7/2023 at 1:18 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Nowadays, especially post-covid, a clean-shaven shirt-and-tie salaried-career-oriented law-abiding doesn't-drink doesn't-smoke member of society can not even WALK a mere 0.6 miles without id-iots in cars shouting out their windows.

I have SIX vehicles and none of them have a car loan.

This is sooooo boring. Change your wardrobe asap, try to order some Moschino, at least.  From what I know, they have an official shop in the US.

I have SIX vehicles and none of them work. Who's counting ? - GoldenEye 1995 (c)

Perhaps my words sound too frightening. Indeed they are. You just have to look past the meaningless distractions and see the meat grinder for what it is.

https://teddit.net/r/MorbidReality/

Also, I'm sure @NotHereToPlayGames looks just fine the way he is and even if he does look to odd to someone, that's not a reason to attack him or anyone else for that matter. It just occured to me that I've heard several times now that also applies to country where I'm from that some people are afraid to go out in the night time while that wasn't the case 30+ years ago or so.

Anyway, I'm tired and need the leave, which I'm taking very soon. School was much better in that regard, a week off every season and Christmas / new year period and 2 months off every summer. Now it's just work work work...what's the point?

In any case, I remain a cynic.

34 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Anyway, I'm tired and need the leave, which I'm taking very soon. School was much better in that regard, a week off every season and Christmas / new year period and 2 months off every summer. Now it's just work work work...what's the point?

I feel sorry for you.

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

Perhaps my words sound too frightening. Indeed they are. You just have to look past the meaningless distractions and see the meat grinder for what it is.

https://teddit.net/r/MorbidReality/

Also, I'm sure @NotHereToPlayGames looks just fine the way he is and even if he does look to odd to someone, that's not a reason to attack him or anyone else for that matter. It just occured to me that I've heard several times now that also applies to country where I'm from that some people are afraid to go out in the night time while that wasn't the case 30+ years ago or so.

In any case, I remain a cynic.

hope you feel better soon friend :)

I’m pleased that this topic has been resurrected today because Mental Health Awareness Month is still in full swing and I sincerely believe that MSFN is one place that needs greater awareness of this issue! I posted this news in the Funny Farm subforum not so much because of its comedic potential but because “funny farm” is synonymous with “nut house,” “cuckoo’s nest,” or “insane asylum.” At least one of this forum’s most compulsive posters has still not replied to this topic, but I won’t say who unless he/she decides to step forward.

Being mentally ill certainly does not suggest stupidity - oh no far from it! The close kinship between genius and madness has been remarked on since ancient times. I think we have some very bright members here who need to devote more attention to something other than old versions of Windows.

On 5/8/2023 at 9:16 AM, D.Draker said:

I have SIX vehicles and none of them work.

lol, I guess that is one way to interpret.  If we are counting non-working, then please make it SEVEN.  The '53 Studebaker doesn't drive - but the engine does work, so does that count?

3 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I’m pleased that this topic has been resurrected today because Mental Health Awareness Month is still in full swing and I sincerely believe that MSFN is one place that needs greater awareness of this issue! I posted this news in the Funny Farm subforum not so much because of its comedic potential but because “funny farm” is synonymous with “nut house,” “cuckoo’s nest,” or “insane asylum.” At least one of this forum’s most compulsive posters has still not replied to this topic, but I won’t say who unless he/she decides to step forward.

Being mentally ill certainly does not suggest stupidity - oh no far from it! The close kinship between genius and madness has been remarked on since ancient times. I think we have some very bright members here who need to devote more attention to something other than old versions of Windows.

this thread has definitely helped me recover from my problems and im gratefully for that :D

Edited by legacyfan

On 5/8/2023 at 12:38 AM, D.Draker said:

mostly due to the fact that foreigners simply can't allow themselves to live here, too expensive.

Being the Funny Farm, I'll induldge and claim that there are multiple ways to interpret this.  I do NOT claim D.Draker to be in this list, I only read his reply and the "gears" started turning.

1)  I live in an expensive city, I am rich and can afford to live here.  You are poor and cannot afford to live here.  Please go back to where you are from, we are better off here without your presence.
    2)  I live in an expensive city, I am rich and can afford to live here.  I have to assume that the visiting foreigners leave because they are not rich.
    3)  I live in an expensive city, I am rich and can afford to live here.  I wish that our city turned ugly so that it is removed from international travel agency tourist attraction lists and I wouldn't have to deal with foreigners visiting all the time.
    4)  I live in an expensive city, I wonder if this city being so awesome is why we have so many foreigners visiting all the time?  I wonder if being a tourist attraction is why this city is an expensive city?
    5)  I live in an expensive city, I am living paycheck-to-paycheck and struggle to make ends meet.  But I love this city and it's worth the struggle.
    6)  I live in an expensive city, I am living paycheck-to-paycheck and struggle to make ends meet.  But I cannot save up enough money to afford to relocate so I am stuck with enduring this struggle.
    7)  I live in an expensive city, I wonder if all of these visiting foreigners are here to look for a new home, find it too expensive and can't afford it, so they leave?
    8)  I live in an expensive city, I wonder if all of these visitng foreigners saved 50 years just to be able to afford to visit this one-and-only-one expensive city?
    9)  I live in an expensive city, I wonder if all of these visiting foreigners are traveling the globe, one expensive city at a time, and living the Good Life having saved for an awesome retirement?