Mental Health Awareness Month

Vistapocalypse

4 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I think you should spend less time at online forums, forget about legacy versions of Windows, and “get a life” while you’re still young enough to enjoy it! :)

This is the greatest thing I have seen, thank you!

3 hours ago, legacyfan said:

(and switched to windows 10 for a less stressfull experience)

I hope you sincerely stay that way. And if you miss using legacy Windows versions very much, you have the option to install them via VMs. That's how I still use them.

On 5/3/2023 at 7:36 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

I think youngsters are disappointed and frustrated by the limitations of life; but as you grow older, you realize this is all there really is. :blink:

I think along the same lines.

How many of you are just existing instead of living (whatever that means :huh:)?

Edited by UCyborg

thank you everyone for the advise! I have decided to do y'all recommendation and leave the forum for awhile (I need a good break) I don't know if I will be coming back here after this but I need a break from the digital life (and focus more on real life) and to mina7601 I hope you keep being the good friend you have always been to me here :) anyways this is legacyfan signing out! bye all!

Edited by legacyfan

It's not surprising at all. People are insufferable, scum everywhere you look, lying, deceiving, stepping over each other for monetary gain, psychological violence etc. It is my opinion if you take the gun and shoot some random people, it's highly likely you've done more good for the world than bad. Heck, that bullet in the head was probably too good for them.

I believe it's better for one's mental health to avoid as much contact with other people as possible and reduce the chances of ending up in harm's way. Indeed that would be easier with sufficient wealth or at least if you manage to find a tolerable job that doesn't involve dealing with other people.

19 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

@UCyborg Your last post suggests paranoia at the very least, and is frankly pretty scary. :ph34r:

16 hours ago, UCyborg said:

What I'm seeing and hearing out there is pretty scary.

If it's paranoia, I think it's justified.

Agreed, as dark and scary as it sounds, I too think the paranoia is justified.

My only frame of reference is my little Midwest USA town.  I am well-traveled across Mexico-USA-Canada (have also been to China, Taiwan, and Japan), but I'll use my "average" Midwest USA town as reference.

I live a teeny-tiny-miniscule just-under 0.6 miles (0.97 kilometers) from three grocery stores and just under 0.4 miles (0.64 kilometers) from two fast food locations to the south and three fast food locations to the north.

I have three gas stations all within 0.7 miles (1.13 kilometers) and one of them is within 0.3 miles (0.48 kilometers).

With everything that close and no longer having a gym membership, I use the close proximity to all of these conveniences for WALKING to and from.

It's obviously not the same as running that 7- or 8-minute mile at the gym, but this WALK is a h#ll of a lot more than what our "lazy society" has befallen to.

0.6 miles (0.97 kilometers) - this really is just WALKING DISTANCE.

I'm talking edge of town Midwest, not metropolitan inner-city.

I'm a shirt-and-tie mid-engineering salaried corporate-type with a military-style haircut and always clean-shaven.

I'm not talking 1950s versus 2020s, but the world has changed - and the change is a bit scary!

At least here in the Midwest USA, you only have to think back to the mid- to late-90s and you had a society where rollerblading and biking and hiking were very popular recreational activities.

Nowadays, especially post-covid, a clean-shaven shirt-and-tie salaried-career-oriented law-abiding doesn't-drink doesn't-smoke member of society can not even WALK a mere 0.6 miles without id-iots in cars shouting out their windows.

You get people shouting out their window calling me a "meth-head" just because I chose to WALK a teeny-tiny-miniscule 0.6 miles, with a spoon in my pocket, to buy some ice cream, and eat that ice cream during the return walk home.

You get people shouting profanities and accusing me of being "homeless" - I paid off my 20yr mortgage in THREE YEARS.

You get people flipping me off and telling me to buy a car - I have SIX vehicles and none of them have a car loan.

I've often wanted to make a t-shirt that reads, "Yes, I have a car.  I'm walking because I want to!"

That's where society is these days, recreational activities no longer include a pair of rollerblades (I still have mine) or mountain biking.

Our society's recreational activity has befallen to assuming anybody and everybody that WALKS along a sidewalk is a drug user and a homeless burden to society.

My only burden is that I pay more taxes then these people shouting profanities out their "winter beater" and assume I'm homeless simply because I chose to WALK to pick up that ice cream snack.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

On 5/3/2023 at 11:22 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Same here.  Though minor and non-medicated.

I am one of only a few here at work that has computer speakers, Pluto TV, streaming radio, and YouTube access because "background noise" keeps me 'focused'.

So I guess I kind of have "exploited" the minor ADHD but my boss knows the difference in my efficiency when I do and do not have that "background noise".

I've also been suggested via "medical advise" to drink Mountain Dew because caffiene kinda of has the opposite effect on me as it does most people.

Haha, I can only focus with background music or anything really. I also understand the whole caffiene thing, I can drink a lot of it without issues. But at a point it becomes the opposite and I start bouncing off the walls. December 2022, I drank a Mountain Dew and a Mountain Dew Amp in the same hour, which totals to 200mg+ of caffeine. I ended up bouncing on an exercise ball laughing because it was fun. I also at the same time was tired so I felt like I hadn't slept for weeks but couldn't sleep.

It's been a few days now and I definitely feel alot better now (I just needed to step away for awhile) and I feel way more energetic as well and I feel well enought now to come back on here again and post and I will try and be more polite (and not act like I'm sad all the time) anyways it great to be able to come back and join the community again :)