Mental Health Awareness Month

Vistapocalypse

12 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I think D.Draker is largely correct about the United States, and NotHereToPlayGames exaggerates America’s diversity. I have lived in suburbs my entire life, and the biggest city I ever lived near was Houston. The car is absolutely essential to our suburban way of life, and also for those living in the countryside. Without a car, you might as well be in a desert. I suppose a car might be more trouble than it’s worth in Manhattan, since there’s no place to park anyway.

I was fortunate enough to visit Europe one summer when I was much younger. The only subway I ever rode on was the Paris Metro. I traveled by train from city to city. (I took a few train trips in the US when I was younger, but visitors from Europe had better not plan on traveling by train here.) I should’ve sought out public transportation in Rome instead of walking 10 km from the Forum to the Vatican, but I was young enough to survive that mistake. (I even missed the Sistine Chapel because the sun was going down when I emerged from St. Peter’s.) The European country that was most similar to the US was certainly (western) Germany, with its multi-lane autobahns. But even in Germany, you could travel by train and use public transportation to get around in the cities.

It’s actually ridiculous that D.Draker has pegged me as an “enemy of NATO,” but I would rather block his blind hostility than attempt to have a conversation about it. Technically speaking, legacy versions of Kaspersky are an option for XP and Vista, and even seem to be compatible with the extended kernel, which appears to break various other legacy AV products. As I have mentioned many times before, I never used Kaspersky myself, and no longer use Windows Vista for that matter. If MSFN exists for loyal NATO members only, then perhaps forum rules should prohibit any discussion of Kaspersky? In any case, I do not accept the condemnation of D.Draker! But if I ever insulted his English (and it seems like I probably did), then I apologize for that, because it is quite good actually.

Yes, Mental Health Awareness Month is ending today. Hopefully this 14-page thread will also come to an end.

I already wrote, you tend to put lots of different/unrelated stuff in one post, and it's going downhill, when you start with good, maybe even interesting stuff and then

... caboom ... insert your favourite part with the KGB lieutenant software, literally in each and every post. I mean, I kinda want to like you ... alas.... 

Nevertheless, I still upvote your post, since it's a big huge progress, and thank you for the compliments!  

And sorry, if I was too harsh on you at times.

12 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

... legacy versions of Kaspersky are an option for XP and Vista, and even seem to be compatible with the extended kernel, which appears to break various other legacy AV products. As I have mentioned many times before, I never used Kaspersky myself, and no longer use Windows Vista for that matter.

A group of XP users ran out of shampoo, fortunately they had a museum with a fully functional guillotina there, also compatible with their heads.

On 6/1/2023 at 4:45 AM, D.Draker said:

(western) Germany

And thank you for bringing up the good memories of safe and divided World. Surely helps anyone with a healthy mentality to stay on the course.

On 5/30/2023 at 8:48 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

lol

The forum allows you to change your username.  Some have done this "excessivley".  So I bet the forum would allow you to change sex if you are so inclined.

It would be a politically driven decission, like you wrote earlier.

On 5/31/2023 at 2:50 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

I have lived in suburbs my entire life, and the biggest city I ever lived near was Houston. The car is absolutely essential to our suburban way of life,

I went to Texas one time, spent a month in Chase which is outside of Houston. Looking at that town on a map is one thing but in person it is completely different. It had the same amount of stuff as other towns as you'd expect but everything is just spread out. Not having a car meant I had to walk everywhere. Not a great experience really.

According to the recent studies, from "The Jewish News of Northern California".

"ADHD diagnoses are more common in nations with high rates of immigrants, such as the United States, Canada and Australia."

Jews: "highest rate of ADHD diagnoses, according to the recent survey."

Source:

https://jweekly.com/2018/04/16/israel-become-adhd-capital-world/

Also interesting:

"How did Israel become the ADHD capital of the world?"

Source:

https://chadd.org/adhd-in-the-news/how-did-israel-become-the-adhd-capital-of-the-world/

Prevalence of ADHD among 7-9-Year-Old Jewish Children.

"assessment of ADHD in the Jewish population emphasises"

Israeli studies. Source, PDF format:

https://cdn.doctorsonly.co.il/2016/12/02_Prevalence-of-ADHD.pdf

On 5/31/2023 at 2:53 AM, D.Draker said:

Perhaps you confused him with me, being born not far from each other in the seventies, I'm still not married, and not going to, I was on the verge of the most stupid decison I could ever make (marriage), in 1996-97, but somehow changed my mind and avoided it.

I don't think so, there was just NotHereToPlayGames and and six cars in my mind. Didn't think of any potential other people in his household.

Marriage - yeah, I'm a loner and it won't happen and even if I wasn't, doesn't seem like something I'd want to bother with.

Being like that for most of my existence, I imagine it would be hard to adapt to different patterns, playing single-player mode all the time. People are crazy, should be healthier to be alone anyway, LOL. Ironically, I work a job that involves dealing with them, remotely at least, but it's still totally against my character. The things we do for the money...

No, I certainly did not write it that many times! What happened was that I clicked the submit button multiple times because I didn't get any feedback the first time, so ended up doing it again in another tab, where it did respond as it should. That's the issue with software in general, in development for decades and never works right.

I also still get the notification popup at times after logging in about the PM I read and replied to years ago.

Edited by UCyborg

10 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Um, @UCyborg? You wrote the same reply 3 times...

Your observation skills are simply remarkable! :buehehe: 

4 hours ago, UCyborg said:

No, I certainly did not write it that many times!

:buehehe:

I got the same crap when I reply to someone else's status (but not posts). Upgrade the browser, and the issue (at least with postings) will be gone.

In my case, the minimum chrome without this issue is chrome 108.

11 hours ago, UCyborg said:

NotHereToPlayGames and and six cars in my mind.

Well, I got more than six air conditioners (8), in each and every room and even in my kitchen! Does that count?

As for the vehicles, now I got only one (barely use it), two if you count my ancient German BMW motorcycle, that I'm in the process of purchasing back from the dude I sold it to by mistake.

11 hours ago, UCyborg said:

People are crazy, should be healthier to be alone anyway, LOL. Ironically, I work a job that involves dealing with them, remotely at least, but it's still totally against my character. The things we do for the money...

That is what I like and agree, I prefer when I'm not overcrowded, and always choose my partners in everything, be it one-night-stands or friendship. Unfortunately, it was not always the case in my military days, until I got an officer rank, at least. So I kinda learned how to find something in common to talk about, until the mission is over, maybe try it?

The most important part, don't waste your energy on them.

15 hours ago, UCyborg said:

No, I certainly did not write it that many times! What happened was that I clicked the submit button multiple times because I didn't get any feedback the first time, so ended up doing it again in another tab, where it did respond as it should. That's the issue with software in general, in development for decades and never works right.

I also still get the notification popup at times after logging in about the PM I read and replied to years ago.

Oh, I wronged you. I apologize for that, please forgive me, I didn't mean to do that. Yes, ima be honest here, it also happened to me here, and happened to another user here.

Edited by mina7601