Mental Health Awareness Month

Vistapocalypse

10 hours ago, UCyborg said:

True, it doesn't, but it ended up in the funny farm and apparently there's very little interest in the topic at hand. I suppose joking about the surrounding environment could be seen as logical in a way, given this thread's location.

6 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

No apologies necessary in this so-called topic. Let’s just try to prevent technical threads from becoming “12 pages of rubbish” please. ;)

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

And TBH, all related to psychological content is not my subject at all, and certainly not here on MSFN. jexplique.gif

4 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I started this topic because I believe that mental health issues have been affecting MSFN in recent years, and this really is Mental Health Awareness Month in the United States.

I for one am not really sure of just "what" the topic was "expected" to unfold into - all MSFN members publicly declaring their "condition" and providing a full list of "meds" ???

I guess I for one am fully "aware" of this topic regardless of which month the calendar has us in.

Britney Spears
Kirsten Dunst
Jim Carrey
Robin Williams
Miley Cyrus

If you watch the news throughout the year, not just in May, this topic comes up ALL THE TIME.

Public school or movie theater or mall shooting - two topics will saturate the news outlets for weeks  --
    1) gun control, and
    2) mental health

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames
typo

5 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:
5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Terminator or Rambo or some "shoot 'em up" video game.  But Westerns?

I’m glad that Hollywood finally stopped making those old things.

Means both of you not only (how should I put it politely about your English?) rather off the charts with your English, but also know nothing (zero) about human psychology.

Films (movies, how you call it), be it westerns, Rambo, Bond, are meant to let off steam, here, enjoy my wisdom, lol.

Add bloody brutal games to that list.

9 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I for one am not really sure of just "what" the topic was "expected" to unfold into

Surely not another thread with pointless bickering.

6 hours ago, D.Draker said:

but also know nothing (zero) about human psychology.

It's different here in the USA.

SOMETHING is different.  I don't know what it is.  Nor do you.  I don't really even think that the "experts" really know.
OUR news media (here in the US) always always always blames "violent video games" AND "mental health" - neither has "statistical backing", but both get "blamed" nonetheless.
REALITY is that SOMETHING is different HERE IN THE USA.

https://www.americanprogress.org/article/debunking-myths-the-gun-lobby-perpetuates-following-mass-shootings/

<excerpt>
The United States has the highest level of gun violence across developed nations, with a gun homicide rate 26 times greater than that of peer nations.
This number is even higher among young Americans, who experience a gun homicide rate 49 times greater than that of other developed nations.

A 2015 research study examining 226 men who committed or attempted to commit a mass shooting found that only 22 percent could be categorized as mentally ill.
In 2021, researchers found that only 8 percent of people who perpetrate mass shootings have a history of documented psychotic symptoms.
<excerpt>

38 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Surely not another thread with pointless bickering.

As others have stated, it's the "Funny Farm".

Not all forums have these sections.

We could argue until we are blue in the face on whether these sections should even exist or not.  I'm actually NOT a fan of their existence!

But at least "this thread" unfolding the way it did is better than dozens (plural times ten) of "blog-like" copy-and-paste articles plastering the forum, as I'm sure you have witnessed here at MSFN.

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

SOMETHING is different.

USA is obsessed with forced cutting off parts of babies' penises, even without anesthesia. I prefer the term FGC (forced genital cutting). Million excuses for it, it's disgusting, from faux "medical" reasons that even doctors in some other parts of the world have fallen for (I don't buy that phimosis is pathological condition) to puke-inducing religious reasons. Going too deep on the latter would be against the rules, but I like what Brother K wrote on his Facebook years ago, I don't remember the full quote, but goes something along the lines: My religion requires me to have an intact penis. And something...I don't remember anymore...

The point is, it's no one's business but the penis' owner and if he really wants, he can go chop his junk up when he's old enough.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

We could argue until we are blue in the face on whether these sections should even exist or not.  I'm actually NOT a fan of their existence!

And yet, you participate. You also spoke about minimalism in the context of yourself at some point while owning not 1, but 6 vehicles!

46 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

when he's old enough

That itself is a USA issue.  We have politicians that think an 8yr old should be able to walk into a doctor's office and request a sex change operation without parental consent.

Pertaining to this topic - Is the 8yr old that wants the sex change "mental"?  Or is the 70yr old politician that wants the 8yr old to make that decision "mental"?

These are the "debates" that go in in the USA.  It's sad, in my opinion.  Because we have TEACHERS in this country that then argue that if an 8yr old can make these decisions, then a 12yr old can consent to sexual acts with the teacher.

You see why there is no "meat" to this thread and it's reduced to "rubbish"?

It's because MSFN is not the place to be discussing circumcision and at what age, or "consent" and at what age.

It's not like Mental Health is only OCD, ADHD, and Asperger's.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

10 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It's different here in the USA.

SOMETHING is different.  I don't know what it is.  Nor do you.  I don't really even think that the "experts" really know.
OUR news media (here in the US) always always always blames "violent video games" AND "mental health" - neither has "statistical backing", but both get "blamed" nonetheless.
REALITY is that SOMETHING is different HERE IN THE USA.

Where were you 20 years ago? Did you have an internet connection? They already tried to push that agenda in European Union, somewhere in 2006!  Plenty of creepy looking games without blood! Yes, the body just falls and no blood gets out, example Sacred (First, good German Sacred RPG with blood) and bloodless Titan Quest. That's a sure way to p*ss off many gamers, thus provoking real violence!

P.S. Looks like your finger got stuck on SHIFT or CAPSLOCK.

32 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Where were you 20 years ago? Did you have an internet connection? They already tried to push that agenda in European Union, somewhere in 2006!

I don't vote in the EU.  So no, I did not follow this "agenda" in the EU.  It's an "agenda" I technically have no interest in.  Until politicians and teachers started to "indoctrinate" my kids.

If the EU already went through this, what was the outcome - can an 8yr old get a sex change, paid for by tax dollars, without parental consent?  Can a 12yr old give "consent" to the 40yr old teacher?

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I don't vote in the EU.  So no, I did not follow this "agenda" in the EU.  It's an "agenda" I technically have no interest in.  Until politicians and teachers started to "indoctrinate" my kids.

If the EU already went through this, what was the outcome - can an 8yr old get a sex change, paid for by tax dollars, without parental consent?  Can a 12yr old give "consent" to the 40yr old teacher?

Now we talking! So get your arse off the sofa and start resisting! Before it's too late!

Form a movement, get support from businesses who are fed up with the agenda crap and just want to make money in a free and safe state.

Make up a short and sweet name, like WLM (white legacy matters) or smth.

The indoctrination of kids is imported from the well known commie countries. Don't you get it ?  Read history, it's how any totalitirian state begins to emerge.

Be prepared : up to 75 percent in your movement will be working for the FBI (whio aren't on you side now), but that doesn't mean you will never get sympathies from them.

Just be on your guard and act with caution. Later on, when you get enough money - start recruiting pros. (ex-CIA, for example).

Some foreigners would do good, take only those who aren't infiltrated by chinorussia, I can help you with the screening.

If you ever need my help, just call D.Draker, my boys and me, we are always ready.

Your FBI/NSA has no jurisdiction over us. I shan't post any more details here, publicly.

P.S.

I do consult, also. Strategies, PR, joint force tactical operations command, cyber ops/security - all well within my area of expertise. Later years - psy ops (as a hobby), though I still consider myself a novice in that regard. And, maybe, some day we meet, I'll teach you the proper English spelling personally, while we both protect America from the aliens of all sorts.

Edited by D.Draker
removed the part about merc. activity due to the fact it may be seen as an ad