Mental Health Awareness Month

Vistapocalypse

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

While on the topic of mental awareness, mental acuity, cognitive reasoning, postwar generation, et cetera - a small story --

I personally refer to the "Baby Boom" generation as the "Entitlement Starters".

Don't shoot the messenger if this "title" offends, I am not here to offend but share a perspective.  The world is best when we all learn from other's perspectives.  "Walk a mile in my shoes."

If this new title does "offend", you should ask yourself why did you just jump to the defensive?  Don't let that "defense mechanism" of jumping to the defensive blind you from what I am sharing.

First, "you" is a collective pronoun, I direct it towards no one person, it's just a pronoun.

My dad was not a Baby Boomer, he predates that generation by half a decade, but he himself preferred to be lumped in with the Baby Boomer - I was able to break him free from that mindset but it took years, and that's too much to write herein.

He saw poiyiliticyiyiyians spoon-feeding and cradling the Baby Boom generation and he wanted his piece of the pie - in a way, don't we all?

Keeping this "short" will not convey the full picture.  Between dad and I, those conversations revolved around dad not blaming the Gen X generation for the woes of this world, but Gen Y and Millennials.

And he almost always cast that blame with the same choice of words -
    "A kid is not ENTITLED to a trophy just for competing, the winner deserves a trophy, not the loser"
    "Why do kids these days feel they are ENTITLED to their first car being GIVEN to them"
    "What ENTITLES every child above the age of 12 to own a cell phone"
    et cetera, the word ENTITLE was almost ALWAYS embedded in this older generation casting judgment upon the younger generation

I requested dad to keep a notebook at his computer and truly watch television ads over the next week and particularly focus on each and every time he heard the word ENTITLEMENT.

Here in the USA, those commercials were HUGE not that long ago, they are not as huge now because the PEAK of that MOUNTAIN is now BEHIND US.

These commercials were everything from ED pills, to electric scooters, to reclining chairs that help you stand up, to supplemental health insurance programs, to Welfare and Social Security Reform, the list is ENDLESS.

Dad was a chess player also, taught me how to play when I was 5 or 6 and we played frequently right up to his passing year.  So dad had cognitive reasoning.

I asked him to tell me what is the common denominator among all of the television ads using the word ENTITLEMENT.  It took him four days to find the answer despite him constantly wanting me to spoon-feed him that answer, I refused.

He finally got it, all of the ENTITLEMENT ads were TARGETING one specific demographic and it wasn't the Gen Y child wanting a cell phone or a "participation" trophy.

That was only the START of the conversation.  It went of for several months.

It was not the child requesting a participation trophy - it was the Baby Boomer sitting behind the desk in the Athletics Department that created that policy.

It was not the Gen X teacher indoctrinating his grandchildren, it was the Baby Boomer in the Administrative Office indoctrinatinating his grandchildren.

It was not the child feeling entitled to possessing a cell phone - it was the Baby Boomer grandparent giving it to them as if somehow having a lot of "stuff" as a child will make that child's life "better" then what they had when they were that age.

Social Security didn't get to where it's at because of anything that Gen Y did, but because politicians felt the need to spoon-feed an "entitled generation" to buy votes.

I could go on, but anywhoo...  lol

Just a friendly advice, the same I gave you before, you better edit the post and remove the "plotilitians" word (misspeled on purpose) to avoid reports, it doen't offend me or my dad from the same gen., but a user whose name starts with "m" miha89O7 might report you again because he reports everything that even slightly suggests anything political, be cautious, I read you already got a warning,

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

but a user whose name starts with "m" miha89O7 might report you again because he reports everything that even slightly suggests anything political

You name-called me again! What did I tell you before? Quit stalking me and stop throwing my name randomly (and name-calling it) and assuming that I do things I don't (you're still continuing to do this, despite telling you to stop), this is starting to get annoying now, and I'm tired of you doing it and go away with it easily. It's completely rude and it's a violation of rule 7.b. :realmad:

And additionally, I never reported NotHereToPlayGames posts. I don't know why you always go to wrong assumptions.

Edited by mina7601

22 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

You name-called me again! What did I tell you before? Quit stalking me and stop throwing my name randomly and assuming that I do things I don't, this is starting to get annoying now, and I'm tired of you doing it a . It's completely rude and it's a violation of rule 7.b. And additionally, I never reported NotHereToPlayGames posts. I don't know why you always go to wrong assumptions.

please stop bullying poor mina they already have a lot to deal with in losing friends you have turned everyone against us like we are criminals or something and this has to stop

Edited by legacyfan

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

In Modern Englishyou is the second-person pronoun

but in your local dialect, which we obviously don't speak, maybe.

I agree to this. The pronoun "you" should be better used according to its nature as the second-person pronoun. In the English language, there already exists a collective pronoun "one" to prevent misunderstandings. Personally, I always try to express myself as clearly as possible. :yes: And there is a big difference between using "you" in the written language and the spoken language. Non-verbal communication cannot be used in written language. smilie_denk_24.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

edit the post

No need.  I was coneying a story, nothing more, nothing less.  It's not the story itself that turned this discussion sour.  I'm not taking any side in what followed.  I've got better fish to fry, as one of the characters in a Batman movie once said.  Or was it Catwoman?

5 hours ago, D.Draker said:

a user whose name starts with "m" miha89O7

3 hours ago, mina7601 said:

You name-called me again! What did I tell you before?

What did I tell you before? Where do you see your name?

reported NotHereToPlayGames posts

Please stop your usual off-topic activities, you even discussed forum software glitches here already, in the mental issues section!

4 hours ago, mina7601 said:

I don't know why you always go to wrong assumptions.

Please stop stalking me and stop replying to my posts, otherwise I may have to report you to the moderators and to the underaged child care services in your country, possibly even police, because

those who are under 21 must get a special written permission from the parents to access the internet and make posts, according to your country's laws for underaged children.

What did I tell you before? Where do you see your name?

You are obviously putting my name, but trying your best to act you didn't put my name by name-calling it.

Please stop your usual off-topic activities, you even discussed forum software glitches here already, in the mental issues section!

See? You are obviously talking about me since you said I do off-topic activities! And besides, I pointed it out, then apologized to @UCyborg for wronging him by mistake.

Please stop stalking me and stop replying to my posts, otherwise I may have to report you to the moderators and to the underaged child care services in your country, possibly even police, because

those who are under 21 must get a special written permission from the parents to access the internet and make posts, according to your country's laws for underaged children.

Excuse me, I am not stalking you, and you also still reply to my posts (so I don't get why are you annoyed by me replying to your posts), you began it by flaming me and name-calling me with "miha89O7" for no reason. And it's funny you are threatening me now (which is violating forum rule 7.a btw), when I've been here in the forum for 4 years normally without any issues.

Edited by mina7601

You are obviously putting my name, but trying your best to act you didn't put my name by name-calling it.

See? You are obviously talking about me since you said I do off-topic activities! 

Excuse me, I am not stalking you, and you also still reply to my posts (so I don't get why are you annoyed by me replying to your posts), you began it by flaming me and name-calling me with "miha89O7" for no reason. And it's funny you are threatening me now .

Kid, when someone says he wants to report a child (who is obviosly without its parents observation) to child services, it's NOT *threatening *, it's called caring and protection of underaged children against the dangers of overposting in the internet. Also, it means you have to study more, since you still don't understand the meaning of English words, even after 13 years of studying it.

Will you leave me alone, finally?

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Please stop stalking me and stop replying to my posts

:buehehe: the troll is on fire.

RIP MSFN,
2001-2023

''I almost agree with your statement.
I say "almost", because not all the members that I talked to there at MSFN were nice (I actually count the members that are genuinely nice and helpful), some have fought long arguments with me, and some are pretending to be calm, nice and kind-hearted (the 2 guys that did this along with "fought arguments with me" are: 2 guys (whose names start with "D") (one with France flag, and the other with Dutch flag, both run Vista x64), 1 guy (whose name start with "A", runs XP Pro x86) (with Germany flag) and 1 guy (whose name start with "m", runs XP Pro x86) (with French flag), so it's only a select few that were indeed nice. (with VistaLover and roytam1 being the first, since they are both always calm, kind-hearted, respected and nice)
Oh, and of course you too are calm, nice, respected and kind-hearted person!''

3 hours ago, Milkinis said:

:buehehe: the troll is on fire.

RIP MSFN,
2001-2023

''I almost agree with your statement.
I say "almost", because not all the members that I talked to there at MSFN were nice (I actually count the members that are genuinely nice and helpful), some have fought long arguments with me, and some are pretending to be calm, nice and kind-hearted (the 2 guys that did this along with "fought arguments with me" are: 2 guys (whose names start with "D") (one with France flag, and the other with Dutch flag, both run Vista x64), 1 guy (whose name start with "A", runs XP Pro x86) (with Germany flag) and 1 guy (whose name start with "m", runs XP Pro x86) (with French flag), so it's only a select few that were indeed nice. (with VistaLover and roytam1 being the first, since they are both always calm, kind-hearted, respected and nice)
Oh, and of course you too are calm, nice, respected and kind-hearted person!''

For the clarification, it's not my post, but the troll's, on another hostile forum, where they put dirt on MSFN members.

EDIT:

@Milkinis hit reply to me by accident.

Edited by D.Draker

3 hours ago, Milkinis said:

OMG! It could be the reason msfntor is no longer with us, the troll simply drove that poor French grandpa off the cliff. Could be numerous complaints to Dave, I don't know.

But I remember msfntor was aged, fragile and too kind to protect himself. Maybe with mental problems, also. Poor msfntor! He was a kind, overly kind fellow, and I think he was very, extremely kind towards the troll, especially.