Antimalware, firewall, and other security programs for Windows XP working in 2023 and hopefully beyond

AstroSkipper

One of my computers has two Windows XP partitions. Until now, I had installed Malwarebytes Premium 3.5.1.2522 on both. I have now changed that. I have installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro 1.75.0.1300 on one of them for a week. On older, less powerful computers, you notice a considerable difference. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro 1.75.0.1300 is much more resource-efficient and lightweight. I loved to use it in the past, and now, I am able to enjoy it again. I am very happy. :cheerleader: On more powerful computers, I would of course prefer Malwarebytes Premium 3.5.1.2522:yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

One of my computers has two Windows XP partitions. Until now, I had installed Malwarebytes Premium 3.5.1.2522 on both. I have now changed that. I have installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro 1.75.0.1300 on one of them for a week.

As recently as June 28 you mentioned having Panda installed on one partition and Malwarebytes Premium 3.5.1 on the other. Can your loyal readers forget about Panda now? 🤔

Hello, all loyal readers! :cheerleader: I am very happy to have loyal readers who still use Windows XP and are interested in security programmes which work under this OS in these days. :thumbup

Edited by AstroSkipper

Panda Antivirus is great, free of charge and even offers a real-time protection. I used Panda some months, was totally satisfied and didn't have any problems with it. :thumbup Unfortunately, I can't install more than one antimalware programme with real-time protection in a Windows XP partition, though. :no: And I personally prefer Malwarebytes inevitably due to my lifetime licence. smilie_denk_24.gif And just for clarifcation, I always mean what I say or write, contrary to some others. albert.gif Anyway! Ultimately, however, the mature reader must decide for himself what he wants to use or not. And this also applies to me, of course. In this thread, I only provide information and in a few cases either warnings or recommendations, all to the best of my knowledge and belief. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 7/25/2023 at 4:31 AM, AstroSkipper said:

One of my computers has two Windows XP partitions. Until now, I had installed Malwarebytes Premium 3.5.1.2522 on both. I have now changed that. I have installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro 1.75.0.1300 on one of them for a week. On older, less powerful computers, you notice a considerable difference. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro 1.75.0.1300 is much more resource-efficient and lightweight. I loved to use it in the past, and now, I am able to enjoy it again. I am very happy. :cheerleader: On more powerful computers, I would of course prefer Malwarebytes Premium 3.5.1.2522:yes:

Box.com dont allow share of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro 1.75.0.1300 installer :blink:. You has a way to save the definitions for future clean install/offline use? i maded for v2 until 2022 april 29. bu i think is no a proper talk

15 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I used Panda some months, was totally satisfied and didn't have any problems with it. :thumbup Unfortunately, I can't install more than one antimalware programme with real-time protection in a Windows XP partition, though. :no: And I personally prefer Malwarebytes inevitably due to my lifetime licence.

Can readers assume that Panda was easy to uninstall, since you didn’t write about removing it? 🤔

12 hours ago, upadi said:

Box.com dont allow share of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro 1.75.0.1300 installer :blink:.

As requested, the link to the Installer of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300 has been changed by me although it was the official link from Malwarebytes itself. :blink: Now, all readers who want to download this installation programme must click on this link themselves. smilie_denk_24.gif

12 hours ago, upadi said:

You has a way to save the definitions for future clean install/offline use?

Of course, I already wrote about that in this thread.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

:dubbio:

2 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Can readers assume that Panda was easy to uninstall, since you didn’t write about removing it? 🤔

The mature readers of my thread, who are really using and interested in security programmes under Windows XP, can speak for themselves :yes: They do not need a mouthpiece :no:. Especially not if that person has given up Windows XP a long, long time ago (and apparently even Vista some years ago) and surfs the internet exclusively with an iPhoneapple.gif smilie_denk_24.gif 

On 12/31/2021 at 4:48 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

and my New Years resolution is to forget about the problems of using Windows Vista in 2022. ... My Vista hardware sits in a closet awaiting a refurbishment that it will probably never get, since running Vista no longer strikes me as a good idea.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:57 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

I have actually become accustomed to using my iPhone for virtually everything now - in fact I don’t think I have posted here using any other method since early 2020. But I do love history, and Vista is definitely history.

If there are any questions, these readers can and will certainly ask them here themselves! :thumbup

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

In my case, Panda was removed by performing a factory restore after it bricked not only me but thousands of other users: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31851125

That was quite some time ago, but Malwarebytes 1.75 was already 2 years old and I had moved on to 2.x versions. Your biggest fan is actually a Vista user who I believe cares more about your politics than security software. I am genuinely interested in the software and would not write at length about a program that I never used.

Edited by Vistapocalypse

8 hours ago, VistaLover said:
19 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

As requested, the link to the Installer of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300 has been changed by me

... But now :(:

QuIabPG.png

Before I changed the link yesterday, I also checked it, as I always do. It worked perfectly. And today as well. :thumbup No problem here to access the Malwarebytes box. :no: Here is a screenshot as a proof when accessing this site via New Moon 28:

NM28-Box.png

I fear something has gone wrong on your side. :dubbio: Check the link again! a080.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper petitcafe.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

6 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I fear something has gone wrong on your side

... And why would you "fear" that? :dubbio:Why, OTOH, didn't you "fear" that something had gone wrong on box's side ?

If it wasn't immediately obvious, no wrong doing on "your part" was implied/insinuated; I posted the "Sorry..." box screengrab as an indication that at the time I tried to fetch that file (thanks :P), I was met with that box response :( ...

6 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Check the link again!

Sure enough, currently (ca. 15:40 GMT) the page loads as expected and the download button(s) works, too (screengrab from St52):

JPuxurT.png

Edited by VistaLover

16 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... And why would you "fear" that? :dubbio:Why, OTOH, didn't you "fear" that something had gone wrong on box's side ?

If it wasn't immediately obvious, no wrong doing on "your part" was implied/insinuated; I posted the "Sorry..." box screengrab as an indication that at the time I tried to fetch that file (thanks :P), I was met with that box response :( ...

Sure enough, currently (ca. 15:40 GMT) the page loads as expected and the download button(s) works, too (screengrab from St52):

JPuxurT.png

TBH, I never fear anything. :P I thought this temporary issue was because of a network connection problem at your location. It's that simple. albert.gif 

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content