ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

6 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

Oh, come on. HTTPS Everywhere was developed by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, an American NGO. They have no connection to China.

The answer to your question is right there in your question itself! HTTPS Everywhere was developed about ten years ago, when http: was still somewhat common and most browsers didn't upgrade http: to https:.

EFF no longer supports HTTPS Everywhere or recommends its use. As you say, with "modern" browsers it's essentially redundant. But it may still be slightly useful for those of us using not-so-modern browsers, like 360Chrome.

So what? Anyone can register a company in America. It means nothing now. I literally busted the IPs it leaks data to. I published them on the site, don't have them at hand now, I don't use it for many years, seeing you're quite fond of necroposts, please take your time to search at my account.

On 12/16/2023 at 11:10 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It appears that crx4chrome is updating all of their MV2 downloads to default to MV3.

You will need to extact the .crx, delete manifest.json (which is a direct copy of manifest_v3.json), rename manifest_v2.json to manifest.json, then go into Developer Mode on the Extensions page to pack the extension.

I don't think crx4chrome is doing anything else but what they have always been doing, collecting Chrome extensions and links to them on Google's servers. Maybe they just take "default" flavor, so even if extension exists in both variants, they may take V3.

KeePassXC-Browser for instance, still pure Manifest V2 as they haven't bothered to update it yet. I seem to remember there being a special parameter for Google's CDN that can specify manifest version, would have to try some extension that is suspected to be still available in both to confirm that theory.

BTW, got latest and greatest KeePassXC-Browser running on slightly older Chrome, should work on 80, old minimum was 93.

KeePassXC-Browser_1.8.10.1.zip

Edited by UCyborg

• 3 months later...

I've put this here as I'm still using build 2036.

The latest script version of the Facebook Purity extension does not work in 360Chrome.

The developer tells me that this is probably due to unsupported JavaScript functions.

Is there anything which can be done about this?

My Facebook feed is now full of ads again after many years!
:(

Thanks, there's nothing there which means anything to me, but it might to you!

With this version of Facebook Purity, if it doesn't just work, as it does in recent browsers, you need to click the three dots top right of a sponsored post, and select the 'zap the ads' option.
This pops up some 'are you sure' dialogue prompts, and if you say OK, the ads are supposed to be gone when you refresh the page, and that is supposed to last until Facebook change the code again. On 360Chome, nothing happens, and the ads are still there.

www.facebook.com-1712413155276.log

:(

Thank you so much, that seems to have worked!

:worship:

The sponsored posts seem to now be being hidden automatically.

:cheerleader:

I noticed that there's also a flag called 'Experimental JavaScript'.
Do you think that's worth enabling too?
:dubbio:

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

I noticed that there's also a flag called 'Experimental JavaScript'.
Do you think that's worth enabling too?

My general rule-of-thumb is to NOT enable things like this until I have a regularly visited web site that leads me toward enabling.