ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

7 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Wow! LOL> One super easy way to avoid being flagged/blocked as malware by Google.

Yep!  I only tried to extract using 7Zip, IZArc, and PeaZip.  I didn't try other tools or try Universal Extractor.  7Zip is the only thing needed for MOST .crx files, so if HTTPS Everywhere is blocking that ability, then what are they hiding is my view.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Yep!  I only tried to extract using 7Zip, IZArc, and PeaZip.  I didn't try other tools or try Universal Extractor.  7Zip is the only thing needed for MOST .crx files, so if HTTPS Everywhere is blocking that ability, then what are they hiding is the my view.

I usually suggest Universal Extractor. But in this case, to hell with it, don't risk extracting that "HTTPS Everywhere"! Who the hell knows what's inside!

What are all these empty and meaningless words about HTTPS Everywhere? The extension is discontinued and no longer officially available on Chrome Web Store due to all browsers it supported redirecting to HTTPS on its own, its repo is archived on GitHub. Malware? What a load of bollocks...

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

7Zip is the only thing needed for MOST .crx files, so if HTTPS Everywhere is blocking that ability, then what are they hiding is my view.

Nothing. Maybe use the right tool for the job? Or get the version from their GitHub page, no practical difference in content between them.

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

What are all these empty and meaningless words about HTTPS Everywhere? The extension is discontinued and no longer officially available on Chrome Web Store due to all browsers it supported redirecting to HTTPS on its own, its repo is archived on GitHub. Malware? What a load of bollocks...

Nothing. Maybe use the right tool for the job? Or get the version from their GitHub page, no practical difference in content between them.

They have their own website, and it's currently supported, they even wrote "Included in Brave" - why?

"Included in To!" - why?

36 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Malware? What a load of bollocks...

I think you misread.  None of us were claiming that HTTPS Everywhere is malware.  It was a dark mode extension that was reported as malware.

I have nothing against HTTPS Everywhere.  Don't have anything "for" it either, as far as that goes.

'cause like you say, browsers don't need it anymore these days anyway.

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

They have their own website, and it's currently supported, they even wrote "Included in Brave" - why?

"Included in Tor!" - why?

Yeah, and their website is hosted on Fastly, Inc, one of the most notorious trackers.

https://github.com/fastly/fastly-blocklist

From what I remember, HTTPS Everywhere liked to call home on these.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 1:22 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I recall seeing a v114 engine but it was way too much Chinese to undertake a translation project, not when Official Ungoogled Chromium performs faster with the small number of tests I did run.

Yes, but it has much better fonts!  And if I recall correctly, looking at fonts on Official Ungoogled Chromium gives you troubles, seizures, headaches or migraines (sorry I don't remember which exactly).

And I agree they're ugly!