ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

Greetings. I'm using your browser on a daily basis and it's doing wonders. However I believe that I found a few issues.

Firstly, the audio mute function in the bottom toolbar is nonfunctional. Even when muted audios are still played. Also, the browser keeps freezing while I'm typing and restores in 10~15 seconds, frequently. This is even caused now when I'm writing on MSFN. The weird thing is that even resource intensive tasks are OK when it's not related to typing. My PC has a SandyBridge Xeon-E5 with 16GB ram and WinXP SP3 x86 so it's unlikely that this is a specification/performance issue.

On 5/22/2023 at 4:09 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Speedometer is great (IMO) for desktop/laptop comparisons but essentially worthless (I am told) as a mobile phone benchmark.

I got another example where you can't judge YouTube video playback performance from Speedometer. Ended up with a new (smart) TV recently that's forever stuck with Chromium 85 based web browser on Tizen 6.5. Gets good 9 points on Speedometer, but video playback is smooth, including 60 FPS. Though I only tried up to 1080p, but since it's 4K TV, I assume it should handle 4K as well, at least at 30 FPS I hope.

The web browser's user agent is:

Mozilla/5.0 (SMART-TV; Linux; Tizen 6.5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) SamsungBrowser/5.0 Chrome/85.0.4183.93 TV Safari/537.36

YouTube on 43' TV is quite something, lower quality content that looks blurry sitting the normal distance from plain computer's 1080p screen looks better when played at the same 1080p resolution on 4K screen, sitting the normal distance from it.

I think Speedometer does give the clue about crunching through JavaScript generated user interface elements and other dynamic content.

Off-topic, but you really have to do some research and not rushing it when you're buying a new TV, if it was up-to-me and especially if the TV was for me alone, I'd sit down and do some reading. You may end up with oddities that you'd think are no longer a thing in 2022 (not a typo, it's a model from 2022), like bad viewing angles. And these things seem to have become so thin that you may even end up with speakers that are worse than the similar priced TV from 10 years ago!

It's not the end of the world, first world problems and all, but still. Though last time I was buying something bigger (for me), sitting down reading didn't really help me much, was still clueless at the end and had no idea what to buy.

On 7/1/2023 at 10:16 AM, hexagonwin said:

Greetings. I'm using your browser on a daily basis and it's doing wonders. However I believe that I found a few issues.

Firstly, the audio mute function in the bottom toolbar is nonfunctional. Even when muted audios are still played. Also, the browser keeps freezing while I'm typing and restores in 10~15 seconds, frequently. This is even caused now when I'm writing on MSFN. The weird thing is that even resource intensive tasks are OK when it's not related to typing. My PC has a SandyBridge Xeon-E5 with 16GB ram and WinXP SP3 x86 so it's unlikely that this is a specification/performance issue.

no issues while playing music on youtube, volume of tab is working, the volume down at right corner options is not working

8 MB ram, i7 second generation @3.4

@NotHereToPlaygames

where is the chrome://components ??

was trying to check if it's possible to activate widedivine or any option to activate DRM, so i can use netflix on browser

is this possible ??

My Best Regards

Edited by realisty

[ot] Damn barracuda. They are not good near the equator's flush vegetation, though :P

Got my first and last in 2008, for a computer I was going to use somewhere out there for a few years. 

A week after beginning to set the pc up, I start noticing problems retrieving data, until the damn thing finally refuses to restart. I opened it, and saw coming and going a small colony of tiny ants that had nested inside the barracuda. Which at that time they were more expensive, bloody ants. I moved to hitachi, still running.

ok i just did a fresh install of the regular and it is working with amazon. so appears some config file option left from a previous version or config change has caused the misalignment. 

would you like a copy of the archived config to look at?

Edited by verta

On 7/9/2023 at 4:46 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Unable to replicate.  Perhaps you have an extension interfering. 

this website form germany doesn't work properly @AstroSkipper

https://composite-rc-gliders.com/

I tried it on a clean profile with no addons but no link or button seems to work

except if you right click and open the links in a new tab  :unsure:

Edited by Milkinis

On 3/31/2023 at 4:30 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Download links -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddn966t73s5g22f/360ChromePortable_13.5.2036_r1_ungoogled.zip?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pnmj58ugy6bi9g/360ChromePortable_13.5.2036_r1_regular.zip?dl=1

Regular version maintains Chrome Web Store and embedded Google Translate.

Ungoogled intentionally breaks Chrome Web Store and removed embedded Google Translate.

Looks like you finally did indeed fix the memory leak!  Kudos :-)  Might just have to switch over from Serpent.  This is a heck of a lot faster.  I had it running all day and it didn't glitch out, like the past many versions did.

May I ask:  Would it be possible please to fix the issue where the screensaver loads when a Youtube video is playing?

Thanks

5 hours ago, mockingbird said:

Would it be possible please to fix the issue where the screensaver loads when a Youtube video is playing?

Not possible.

I use "Caffeine" but some non-XP members report "Caffeine" does not work for them and I have not verified if this is accurate or not.

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/