ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

36 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

What user agent are you guys using on music.youtube.com?

This is what I am using: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.198 Safari/537.36

Edited by mina7601

6 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have seen a web site in the past "force" IE Kernel Mode and I wish I would have bookmarked as I would prefer to disable any "automatic" kernel switching!

you have to add that website onto the list, if you just check the Webkit mode option it will force switch sometimes

on facebook site if you watch a video and decide to pay around with the timeline it crashes and switches to the mobile version m.facebook.... only way to sort this out is to click on the top left go back arrow, F5 doesn't work, changing m. to www. doesn't work either

Edited by Milkinis

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

music.youtube.com definitely does not work for me.  hmmm  :dubbio:

neither does here, but it's a geographical issue as per the message I get to see

Found the culprit.

When I switched from using 13.5.1030 to 13.5.2036, I copied my 1030's Web Data and Preferences files over to 2036 instead of building my profile anew.

Unsure just what is no longer compatible, "rookie mistake", I was just trying to cut some corners and generally always build my profile anew with any new build.

Funny how it took over two months to stumble into a web site that didn't like the 1030 files, lol.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Found it!

Within the last week or two, I opted to ENABLE #enable-experimental-web-platform-features in chrome://flags (saved in Local State file which I also migrated when cutting corners).

It is that flag that crashes music.youtube.com.

I suppose it could be a "combination" of things, but I disable (default) that flag and music.youtube.com WORKS, I enable and it does NOT work.

I wish that flag could be enabled/disabled per domain or something instead of "all on" versus "all off" because I seem to recall enabling that flag was the "fix" for two or three web sites discussed here at MSFN so that's why I opted to enable.

I don't even remember what those two or three web sites even were - meaning I'll likely never visit them ever again, lol.

But music.youtube.com on the other hand, as much as I like Jango for background music or regular YouTube for background music, I can see liking music.youtube.com at some point in time, so back to DISABLED for that flag for me.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

9 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I disable (default) that flag

Default setting doesn't mean it's explicitly disabled, since it's not hard passed to the executable via cmd.

On 6/21/2023 at 10:13 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Not relevant.

How so? In simple English, I suggest to try the both sites with the flag on defaults. I'm just trying to be helpful, as I generally am.

As a rule of thumb, there's no need to mess with any flags in chrome, a wise idea would be add only those you surely need via cmd (using launcher), and not in the chrome's flags page.

If it's too many of them, it may become slow at launch.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Already did.  Did you?

Where? Did I miss it?

My tests:

music.youtube.com works fine, if the flag's on default.

www.napacanada.com won't let me in at all (says protected by croudfare). Perhaps because they don't deliver to France?

I have been following the threads the links for the newer betas, or at least I assume there newer do not work.

Are there newer versions of the MSFN and Ungoolged version > rebuild1.

Nope.  Rebuild 1 linked in the first post is the latest.

The embedded translate context menu item no longer functions in the "regular" and that context menu item was already removed in "ungoogled".

Any links in later discussions are superceded by the links in the first post.