ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 rebuild 7

On 1/18/2023 at 8:51 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Here, extract and make sure the folder structure matches what I showed earlier.

If it works for you (as it does for me!), then others will learn from this also.

The error no longer occurred. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Anbima said:

The error no longer occurred. Thanks.

Thanks, I suspected that would fix it for you.

Even though "swiftshader" isn't 'supported' by XP and is 'supposed' to only apply to Vulkan API, the REALITY is that the upstream developers are using these .dll's for OTHER purposes and KEEPING them makes 360Chrome MUCH more STABLE for certain setups.

Those that don't need them, fine, they can delete them.

But some of us DO need them.

On 1/18/2023 at 11:43 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Mine used to also.  For me, the fix was to KEEP the two swiftshader folder .dll files.

I mean, it can't be called a fix since he went out of his way to break it in the first place.

On 1/21/2023 at 5:03 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Even though "swiftshader" isn't 'supported' by XP and is 'supposed' to only apply to Vulkan API, the REALITY is that the upstream developers are using these .dll's for OTHER purposes and KEEPING them makes 360Chrome MUCH more STABLE for certain setups.

I mean, it was backported and gets you laggy maps on meteoblue.com (and other WebGL content), no?

SwiftShader has some history, before acquired by Google, the version from the old times provided software rendering for D3D8/D3D9 functions.

Edited by UCyborg
Removed a bit redundant quote

BTW, what would you guys use in place of GeoFlag in WebExtension world?

IP Domain Country Flag (I guess it looks up geo-data online in real-time)

Country Flags & IP Whois (uses local database that updates every week)

Country Flag + (uses local database, doesn't update?)

Something else?

Edited by UCyborg

14 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Something else?

I have a "SmartWhois" entry in my click-to-access Proxomitron Menu that gives me that info.

But I only access it "on demand" as opposed to performing "real-time".

I personally avoid any extension that has to fetch "updates" and I'm not fond of "real-time" data lookups that make their own internet connections whenever they feel like it.

I like the idea of a LOCAL database that I myself would have to update in the event that an "unknown" icon shows up instead of an actual flag.

what browser would anyone suggest for use on windows 10? I know there are millions of custom browsers out there but which one works best? I'm working on moving away from firefox based browsers and would like input on what browser I should use thanks

Edited by legacyfan

Referring to the previous discussion on fonts visibility in chrome, in parallel with the Blacker Text extension, you can also use Page Font Bolder, it works very good (Size 6.76KiB only): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/page-font-bolder/nnokmbbdobieckndjabadnfkkcliakja/related?hl=en - or bold your zoom under Chrome settings page...

-and (not related):

To increase security in general, I added: Domain whitelist (Size 12.3KiB yeah! so almost no memory footprint...), Offered by Dusan Halickyhttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/domain-whitelist/pdfmaijcdceohdpbclfdidiobpfpdkda?hl=en

With whitelist AND blacklist too, it's able to stop 3rd party domain (so viral..) invisibly cached in an link... - so you're sure to not get malware after click on something innocent-looking... (I've checked it out!).

"Domain whitelist (DW) is worlds smallest interactive ad blocker. It blocks all HTTP requests. If you want to see some website, you must explicitly allow its domain (in popup window displayed when you click on DW button)."

"Tip: you can use "*." to allow subdomains e.g. " *.googlevideo.com" for youtube"

Edited by msfntor