Rant Thread

WinGlass

22 hours ago, msfntor said:

12 kHz tinnitus is barely/hardly audible

Says who ? A man at around 50 can hear 16KHZ no problem, that being said, I don't.

But I can hear up to 13KHZ or 13.5KHZ on another ear, which is below the standards - due to traumas.

Oh my god, why are kids my age (teens) so obsessed with social media (mostly TikTok and Instagram it seems like). They always post videos of themselves dancing or pictures of themselves doing a pose or something, LOL. What a sad generation.

For those of you who say that I'm "edgy" or whatever for saying that (I've been called that lol):
Shut up. What is wrong with having an opinion about society? Is it cuz I don't fit your opinion or something? Sorry, but my parents didn't give me a phone when I was 8 lmao (I don't even have a phone yet lol, and maybe that's why I'm not obsessed with social media? I mean, I can do other things in life besides watching people dance or play pranks in a small screen).

5 minutes ago, WinGlass said:

Oh my god, why are kids my age (teens) so obsessed with social media (mostly TikTok and Instagram it seems like). They always post videos of themselves dancing or pictures of themselves doing a pose or something, LOL. What a sad generation.

For those of you who say that I'm "edgy" or whatever for saying that (I've been called that lol):
Shut up. What is wrong with having an opinion about society? Is it cuz I don't fit your opinion or something? Sorry, but my parents didn't give me a phone when I was 8 lmao (I don't even have a phone yet lol, and maybe that's why I'm not obsessed with social media? I mean, I can do other things in life besides watching people dance or play pranks in a small screen).

I think some kids in 1st grade have phones now LOL :buehehe:

Funny because when I was in 1st grade no one had a phone, it's amazing how society changes quick. Next thing you know every teen (or even 1st graders) will own a golf cart lol.

Edited by WinGlass

4 minutes ago, WinGlass said:

Oh no, not TikTok! I hate that platform so much.

Just now, WinGlass said:

...What is wrong with having an opinion about society? Is it cuz I don't fit your opinion or something? ...

I often times don't fit it with the society normal opinion and I think what I'm seeing is Sheeple all feeding off the same feeder - I'm not a leader, but certainly not a follower either. There is no "Normal" and I see nothing wrong with being an individual. I consider myself to be an outsider and unorthodox. I realized in my mid 20's when I say people parroting the same on auto-pilot catch phrases. I'm glad I don't fit in and I see it as a silly contest.  

7 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I often times don't fit it with the society normal opinion and I think what I'm seeing is Sheeple all feeding off the same feeder - I'm not a leader, but certainly not a follower either. There is no "Normal" and I see nothing wrong with being an individual. I consider myself to be an outsider and unorthodox. I realized in my mid 20's when I say people parroting the same on auto-pilot catch phrases. I'm glad I don't fit in and I see it as a silly contest.  

Same here, and I agree

3 hours ago, WinGlass said:

1 - Oh my god, why are kids my age (teens) so obsessed with social media (mostly TikTok and Instagram it seems like). They always post videos of themselves dancing or pictures of themselves doing a pose or something, LOL. What a sad generation.

1 - We have no chance to check what would they do in the 40s, if they had phones. Tiktok and others are being heavily financed with the money of CCP ( Chinese Communist Party ).

Facebook(instagram) with the russian money. It is written all over the internet and no secret. Mask with the Saudi money (his startup, at least). So no surprise at all.

Lots of possibilities with that kind of money. Lots of influence. Can do whatever they want 'cause it's not hard earned and comes from tax money.

2 - You're edgy ? Lol, no. Hell, no.

7 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I've seen bad thing also on that platform and I block it totally now.

Yeah, I stopped using TikTok on my tablet last year because:
1. I got tired of posting satire "Karen WAP" videos (I don't take TikTok seriously).
2. There's a lot of stupid videos on that platform.
And the only social media I use now is Twitter. I also use Discord and such but I consider them chat services (because that's what they are lol)

6 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

1 - We have no chance to check what would they do in the 40s, if they had phones. Tiktok and others are being heavily financed with the money of CCP ( Chinese Communist Party ).

Facebook(instagram) with the russian money. It is written all over the internet and no secret. Mask with the Saudi money (his startup, at least). So no surprise at all.

Lots of possibilities with that kind of money. Lots of influence. Can do whatever they want 'cause it's not hard earned and comes from tax money.

2 - You're edgy ? Lol, no. Hell, no.

Yeah true, and I'm not edgy lol. I'm just being true to myself unlike the kids of today who wanna be someone they're not. :) 

19 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I am old school in some or maybe quite a few things. I only use social media when it's necessary. After switching on my smartphone, I'm actually already annoyed when WhatsApp reports: "You have 248 new messages". You don't really want to read 99% of them. smilie_denk_24.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

2 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

I am old school in some or maybe quite a few things. I only use social media when it's necessary. After switching on my smartphone, I'm actually already annoyed when WhatsApp reports: "You have 248 new messages". You don't really want to read 99% of them. smilie_denk_24.gif

Yeah, I only use social media (Twitter) to have a voice or to shitpost. I think social media is a distraction, imo (It really does become a distraction when someone is on their phone while driving, and I do see that a lot on the expressway in my city lol).