My Browser Builds (Part 4)

7 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

"AdGuard URL Tracking Protection" won't work. It uses a newer syntax ($removeparam), not supported by Legacy...

I am able to run AdGuard tracking (first image), as well as the CNAME disguised mail_trackers and CNAME disguised trackers lists (image 2) in sp52. URL tracking protection list is reduced to 3 out of 3 ;P.  

What I can't make work, even with version 1.54 in mypal is https://github.com/AdguardTeam/cname-trackers/blob/master/data/combined_disguised_microsites.txt. BTW, I just imported these lists, no problem (except that UB -Astroskiper's version- reports using 0 of 0 items combined disguised microsites: as with Adguard's URL tracking list, UB legacy can't even parse the list, I reckon.

PS: I realized that https://ublockorigin.github.io/uAssets/filters/resource-abuse.txt wasn't working, now I know why. Please note, though, that in newer versions of UB, running in "newer" forks of FF, the list works well alongside UB - privacy.

PSS: as per annoyances, what I do is to import the lists, then UB places it in annoyances. Annoying, but effective ;P

Noname2.png

Noname.png

Edited by dmiranda

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Am I the only one that finds it odd that people here want to have everything updated except the OS? No, those silly POS updates or whatever they call them don't make your OS updated.

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

No point, I'm just tired and feel like rambling.

<OT> Well, if that would impress you, you can just consider me a modern OS user, but just love tinkering around with the old OSes inside VMs and treating them as being on real hardware. xd <OT>

Anyway, if someone knows a solution for that MailNews issue, please reply and thanks very much in advance!

Edited by mina7601

3 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Can someone help me please? I have been trying to connect my Gmail account to MailNews, but it always gives me this error message, which I don't understand what it means. I am using the OAuth2 authentication method, and the version of MailNews I use is (2023-12-21). Thanks!

I remember receiving similar messages when trying to access a given company's email account. It required prior approval of the login request by someone's phone (it could be through email too, I guess).

19 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

<OT> Well, if that would impress you, you can just consider me a modern OS user, but just love tinkering around with the old OSes inside VMs and treating them as being on real hardware. xd <OT>

I did the tinkering with old OS as well, must have been the influence of the forum (registered for something entirely else here), maybe I've spent too much time here, the old systems aren't even my most genuine interest, but again, not really fitting anywhere, as I probably said million times by now.

Anyway, don't mind me, carry on...

1 hour ago, dmiranda said:

Hi. I tried. I could install, but unfortunately, I cannot enter the dashboard, nor the logger. I'll wait and try your new version. Thanks!

Here is a screenshot of uBlock Origin's dashboard taken from my installation of MailNews:

Mail-News-u-Block-Origin-2.png

So what's the problem? :dubbio: My mod uBlock0_1.16.4.31b2-1.49.2.firefox-legacy-filter-lists-mod-by-@AstroSkipper.xpi works like a charm in MailNews. The problem is definitely somewhere else. :P

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

Just now, AstroSkipper said:

The problem is definitely somewhere else. :P

As is always the case with a really tweaked set up. If it weren't such a pain in the neck to set up multiple accounts, I would start with a fresh profile. I should, in any case, do that soon (I did it a couple of years ago) for privacy/security reasons. Maybe trying your new version of UB will give me the necessary impetus. Cheers!

39 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

...not really fitting anywhere, as I probably said million times by now.

Anyway, don't mind me, carry on...

<OT>

You fit in just fine here and anywhere you decide to post because you are "True" and "Genuine".

<OT>

2 hours ago, mina7601 said:

I am not sure I understood that part especially.

I have never used oauth (except on the cellphone(s)). Generally, I quote from common cites in internet, oauth is a method for "access delegation, commonly used as a way for internet users to grant websites or applications access to their information on other websites but without giving them the passwords". Except for accessing email, where you may need the password AND authorization from the owner of the account being accessed (even if it is yours). To access a particular email account, as per my limited experience, this is done by sending you a code from somebody with authority granting you access. This is generally done by sending codes via sms or email. In some of the jobs I had to perform, this meant somebody sending you the code to unblock your petition to access. If they didn't, you couldn't login, and received messages/warnings (in mailnews, and thunderbird before) similar to the one you posted. You need the password and the authorization. In my personal use, I only need to use oath to grant access to mailnews or CarotDAV to the email provider (GG, YH, HM, etc). The last time I had to do such things was a couple of years ago. That is all I wanted and can say. Cheers!

Edited by dmiranda

6 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Try this:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AdguardTeam/cname-trackers/master/data/combined_disguised_microsites.txt

spacer.png

Edited by nicolaasjan

roytam1, please add support for data: URI as a PAC proxy address to the RetroZilla and RetroZilla Suite browsers for Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 SP0 and Windows XP SP0/SP1. If I use my homemade proxy script for bypass Cloudflare on RuTracker and access sites blocked by Roskomnadzor in Russia:

data:,function FindProxyForURL(u, h){if (/^(rutracker.org|skladchik.com)$/.test(h)) return 'HTTPS ps1.blockme.site'; if (/^(nnmclub.to|kinozal.tv|hdrezka.ag|spaces.im|yt3.ggpht.com)$/.test(h)) return 'HTTPS proxy-ssl.antizapret.prostovpn.org:3143';}

then RetroZilla and RetroZilla Suite browsers gives the error "Server not found".

Edited by Egorkaru

25 minutes ago, Egorkaru said:

roytam1, please add support for data: URI as a PAC proxy address to the RetroZilla and RetroZilla Suite browsers for Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 SP0 and Windows XP SP0/SP1. If I use my homemade proxy script for bypass Cloudflare on RuTracker and access sites blocked by Roskomnadzor in Russia:

data:,function FindProxyForURL(u, h){if (/^(rutracker.org|skladchik.com)$/.test(h)) return 'HTTPS ps1.blockme.site'; if (/^(nnmclub.to|kinozal.tv|hdrezka.ag|spaces.im|yt3.ggpht.com)$/.test(h)) return 'HTTPS proxy-ssl.antizapret.prostovpn.org:3143';}

then RetroZilla and RetroZilla Suite browsers gives the error "Server not found".

patch-is-welcome(tm)

since retrozilla has old network code that has almost no documentation for people to hack on it.

From Pale Moon forum:

We need your help!
Operating the Pale Moon servers, sites, domains, and getting certificates, code signing and more isn't free (or cheap).
Unfortunately there has been a pretty sharp downward trend in what DuckDuckGo's search partnership provides to the project, so now more than ever, we rely heavily on your generous contributions and donations.

If you find Pale Moon in any way useful, please consider one or more of the following options to help out:
1. Donating to the project directly through PayPal or Ko-fi.
2. Purchasing challenge coins.
3. Setting your search engine to the included DuckDuckGo and disabling your ad blocker on the DuckDuckGo domain (so they can show sponsored results).

Doing so will go a long way to make sure we can stay afloat and independent! In addition, Moonchild would still like to pay rent and eat