My Browser Builds (Part 4)

On 8/1/2023 at 12:46 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Working for me.

... Please read my previous post here and try the same "laptop" entries in:

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/category/notebooks-362.html

I've tried myself ca. an hour ago and the same issue (image overlap on text) manifests itself in the Ch86-based forks :(:

qNoCUd1.png

; additionally, if you had paid closer attention to the screengrab UCyborg posted here, you'd have spotted the still missing images of the notebooks themselves:

S02zeSn.png

Since those laptop entries display OK in [Chr]Edge 94, the CSS/JS feature "mediamarkt.de" rely on was implemented between Chromium 87-94 :dubbio: ...

But, guess what? Kafan MiniBrowser seems to display correctly those laptop photos (I have enabled dark mode there): 

pyWLAMH.png

... so, by pure chance, we now have an answer to your previous question in another subforum ;) :

On 7/30/2023 at 4:59 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

have you ever encountered ANY web site that Kafan (v87) can render that 360Chrome (v86) cannot render?

So, it's a feature first implemented in Chromium 87 (actually, in Chromium 88; kindly read this followup ;) ...)

Edited by VistaLover
correction/clarification added

30 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

My setup is "unsetting" some of the position: absolute's and that fixes the overlaps and also restores "missing" images.

Is that Proxomitron "talk" ;) ? Can you offer code to implement this for UXP in the UCyborg userscript implementation?

PS: I can't catch up with both of you :) exchanging "instagram"-type messages while I prepare a "normal" post with images (which have to be edited and uploaded to a third party service) attached :lol: ...

I discovered the fix by using my standard Proxomitron debugging schemes.

But once I found the fix to be a simple css element "unset", I resorted to good ol' old-fashioned custom style sheet inserted by good ol' old-fashioned Stylus.

Certainly nothing to warrant dumping v86 in favor of v87.

Not for two web sites I'll never visit outside of this discussion.

@Dixel : I can't seem to understand the gist of your latest post :dubbio:; my post you seem to have referenced has 3 "linked" images (hosted on imgur) that display properly here in both Serpent 52 and 360EEv13; these image attachments won't become "dead" unless imgur go out of business...

https://i.imgur.com/qNoCUd1.png

https://i.imgur.com/S02zeSn.png

https://i.imgur.com/pyWLAMH.png

If you're somehow blocking imgur or it's simply a regional CDN issue for you, obviously I have zero control over it...

If you simply wanted to comment on NHTPG's practice of:

56 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

and one of the reasons my "old posts" will show DEAD images.

who's been using the native (but size-limited for "plain" users) file-attachment feature of MSFN, then you should have chosen one of his posts with deleted image attachments, e.g. that one :whistle: ...

In any case, I wasn't amused :angry: at all ...

Edited by VistaLover

3 hours ago, VistaLover said:

@Dixel : I can't seem to understand the gist of your latest post :dubbio:; my post you seem to have referenced has 3 "linked" images

They show like that for me, if I go there directly, they say you got a view limit on them.

"The HTTP 429 Too Many Requests response status code indicates the user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time ("rate limiting")."

4 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

In any case, I wasn't amused :angry: at all ...

I think he was only pointing out that your linked images do not show in his brower setup.

I have witnessed that in the past also, I'd have to spend too much time to hunt it down and what MSFN Member's post it was.

If I recall, the image hosting site had a double-extension, call it image.jpg.jpg, so MSFN showed it as a DEAD image.

But you could still get access to the image via Dev Tools or also use Dev Tools to edit the HTML and correct the double-extension.

edit: I was typing my reply while he was already replying.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have witnessed that in the past also, I'd have to spend too much time to hunt it down and what MSFN Member's post it was.

If I recall, the image hosting site had a double-extension, call it image.jpg.jpg, so MSFN showed it as a DEAD image.

It was @VistaLover, it's not the first time I see his attachments show up like this, No offence, I don't read his posts, mostly because we don't share the same interests, it's just an observation.

This time I decided to look at them.

30 minutes ago, Dixel said:

They show like that for me, if I go there directly, they say you got a view limit on them.

"The HTTP 429 Too Many Requests response status code indicates the user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time ("rate limiting")."

... Right; so it's something along the lines of:

38 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

If you're somehow blocking imgur or it's simply a regional CDN issue for you, obviously I have zero control over it...

Apologies for misinterpreting your post, but, in my defense, it was "just an image" post; the imgur links continue to display properly for me here, thus my IP has not abused their servers ;) ; if you're impatient, you could restart your modem/router to get a new IP address from your ISP (if possible), or use some other means to evade imgur's block (assuming it's IP-based); also, several privacy-enhancing extensions/settings are known to not go down well with third party services like image-hosters :o ...

33 minutes ago, Dixel said:

if I go there directly, they say you got a view limit on them.

I always upload to imgur as an unregistered/anonymous user, I have no account with them; if a "view limit" is being imposed, then it's solely on their side :angry: ...

Edited by VistaLover
additional clarifications

3 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... Right; so it's:

Apologies for misinterpreting your post, but, in my defense, it was "just an image" post; the imgur links continue to display properly for me here, thus my IP has not abused their servers ;) ; if you're impatient, you could restart your modem/router to get a new IP address from your ISP (if possible), or use some other means to evade imgur's IP block; also, several privacy-enhancing extensions/settings are known to not go down well with third party services like image-hosters :o ...

Oh, it's fine, like I said, I can live without seeing the attachments, thank you, I know how to change the IP, I even tried with a very famous VPN (that everyone knows, they usually unblock everything), I tried right now, all the same. 

And you wonder why I just resort to the "plain" MSFN attachment method.  It's easier than having to jump through image-hoster hoops.

And I'm a "here and now" person that doesn't care if a future reader cannot follow, "not my problem", lol.

<insert Astro's "to each their own" image but too lazy to fetch the URL>

FWIW ;) :

imgur.png.58b35f8942a747486dbe3f8aaac8b3d5.png

It's quite possible something inside Dixel's browser profile isn't "liked" by imgur servers; but if he's fine with it, so am I :P ...

Sorry again for the misunderstanding, have a good night all of you :) ...

Edited by VistaLover

On 7/29/2023 at 10:57 PM, Milkinis said:

with chrome 360 @NotHereToPlayGames you'll never notice the warning message of the turtle ''one site is slowing down your browser do you want to stop it.....etc'''

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=1118492#p1118492

When you say Chrome 360, I take it your are referring to the 360Chrome found here:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184624-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v1352036-rebuild-1/

I downloaded this and tried to get it to run.  It would not open any web page.  I tried the ungoogled and regular builds.

I found this also which seems to be the same: 360 Extreme Explorer.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/

I downloaded version 13 and tried to get it to run and the same problem also. 

Edited by WSC4

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

And I'm a "here and now" person that doesn't care if a future reader cannot follow, "not my problem", lol.

<insert Astro's "to each their own" image but too lazy to fetch the URL>

When I create a new post containing own images, I always upload them to an image hoster before. I think a post should also be able to be understood by readers in the future. Especially, if one, as for example me, has created articles with information which should be preserved for as long as possible.
And I personally am not too lazy to insert the golden rule: 
5818.png

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content