VPN for Windows XP

retrotrash69

Just a word of caution from Wikipedia regarding that Freegate.

"In 2004, the Financial Times, citing a member of staff at Symantec in mainland China, reported that Norton AntiVirus identified Freegate as a Trojan horse. There were initial fears that the reports may be a ploy by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) authorities to encourage removal of the software from computers..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freegate

6 hours ago, Saxon said:

Just a word of caution from Wikipedia regarding that Freegate.

"In 2004, the Financial Times, citing a member of staff at Symantec in mainland China, reported that Norton AntiVirus identified Freegate as a Trojan horse. There were initial fears that the reports may be a ploy by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) authorities to encourage removal of the software from computers..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freegate

Well I don't know how things are nowadays, however I remember using Freegate back in the days and their intention were actually not bad: it was a free proxy run by a non profit organization (NED - National Endowment for Democracy) to allow people in censored countries to be able to browse the web freely with a U.S IP Address. I personally used it to watch Hulu (back when Hulu was free).

On 12/31/2023 at 3:04 PM, FranceBB said:

Well I don't know how things are nowadays, however I remember using Freegate back in the days and their intention were actually not bad: it was a free proxy run by a non profit organization (NED - National Endowment for Democracy) to allow people in censored countries to be able to browse the web freely with a U.S IP Address. I personally used it to watch Hulu (back when Hulu was free).

It might the case of keep your friends close, and the enemies closer. Honeypot, like Telegram.

On 12/24/2023 at 2:39 AM, Saxon said:

Happy New Year! :) While the post containing that link has had already 4 (!) reactions, I find it impossible to download the installer from the SoftPedia link :angry: ; any attempt will produce a "404: Not Found" server response :( ...

Before you start a "wild goose chase" ;), I can tell you my internet connection is fine, also tried in several browsers beyond my default, Serpent 52... SoftPedia aren't hosting the installer themselves, instead they try to fetch it from the original vendor URL:

... which now just 404s :realmad: ...

I did my own search and the latest version of IP Hider Pro was v6.1.0.1 from, as you said, early 2017; additionally, it appears that the "iphiderpro.com" domain is now up for sale...

Elsewhere ;) I found a self-hosted installer of IP Hider Pro v5.8.0.1 (from Sep 2016), but I'm very reluctant to even launch it now - I very much doubt the original vendor/company is still a "thing", let alone that their Proxy Servers are still ON...
Has anyone here actually tried this application and found it to be still working (in trial mode)?

Kindest regards.

10 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Happy New Year! :) While the post containing that link has had already 4 (!) reactions, I find it impossible to download the installer from the SoftPedia link :angry: ; any attempt will produce a "404: Not Found" server response :( ...

Before you start a "wild goose chase" ;), I can tell you my internet connection is fine, also tried in several browsers beyond my default, Serpent 52... SoftPedia aren't hosting the installer themselves, instead they try to fetch it from the original vendor URL:

... which now just 404s :realmad: ...

Happy New Year, too!  The link from that post worked, I checked myself. It was possible to download the installer from SoftPedia before the New Year when I posted it. 

The phrase "before you start a wild goose chase" looks a bit provoking and filled with baseless accusations, I can tell you: it would never be my intention.

"SoftPedia aren't hosting the installer themselves".

Not always, SoftPedia does both ways, in this case - seems so.

11 hours ago, VistaLover said:

I did my own search and the latest version of IP Hider Pro was v6.1.0.1 from, as you said, early 2017; additionally, it appears that the "iphiderpro.com" domain is now up for sale...

Elsewhere ;) I found a self-hosted installer of IP Hider Pro v5.8.0.1 (from Sep 2016), but I'm very reluctant to even launch it now - I very much doubt the original vendor/company is still a "thing", let alone that their Proxy Servers are still ON...
Has anyone here actually tried this application and found it to be still working (in trial mode)?

Kindest regards.

"as you said, early 2017; ", not me - it was the article which I merely cited.

" it appears that the "iphiderpro.com" domain is now up for sale..." - the timing is perfect, usually everyone who is out of business do it after the New Year celebrations. 

"I found a self-hosted installer of IP Hider Pro v5.8.0.1" , I very much doubt a version that old will work. It's safe to assume you need at least 6.x.x.x.

Edited by Saxon
Kindest regards.

Hide ALL IP VPN is alive and kicking.  Interesting feature:

"UDP Games (Such as WOW, BF3, DNF, TANK OF WORLD etc), can reduce game lag and hide game IP for play blocked country games", also blocks WebRtc leaks.

https://www.hideallip.com/

I'm not available for more detailed discussions, sorry, I'm on holidays.

home.h2.jpg

about.3.jpg

Almost forgot, Hide ALL IP VPN review published December 04, 2020 and Verdict.

".. has some good sides - it can unblock BBC iPlayer and Hulu content, it allows torrenting, works with a wide range of devices, and has some extras. It isn’t expensive, either."

https://hide-all-ip-portable-version.soft112.com/

"It was last updated on 24 December, 2023. Hide ALL IP Portable Version is compatible with the following operating systems: Windows"