VPN for Windows XP

retrotrash69

50 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

You meant russian pipes ???

Ideally, one would want to look for a *no log policy* VPN. And choose a server from a country that *at least declares* it values privacy.

You might want to look at their laws in adavance, to confirm. And this would definitely be not Germany, sorry @AstroSkipper .

With German VPN servers you won't even be able to watch innocent videos on youtube by Steve Carell. Esp. the NSL ones,

where they mocked a russian cosmonaut. These *weird* and *tender* German-russo relationships that developed after 2000

could be the reason @msfntor prefers American servers to the russian pipes.

In the future, if the Kingdom Of Frisia changes its laws, I'd galdly use them ! 

This is the video I'm talking about, as an example. Either way, even if it works for you,from what I know, Germany will log the hell outta you !

by Steve Carell. NSL Space...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pf_Ue9gdw

Did I say German servers? No. I said European servers! I wrote many posts with complete information about all important facts in terms of VPN. For example here:

On 6/3/2022 at 1:52 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Forget about add-ons like AnonymoX and others offering free services! I tried a lot of them in the past. Most of them don't work or you're not really anonymous, quite apart from the limitations such as speed and data volume. To surf anonymously hero.gif, to get an IP from another country or to gain access to sites which are restricted in your country, you should use paid VPN services with no log policy. Such connections can be used system-widely and not only in a browser as in case of AnonymoX. I am not a friend of such "anonymous or secure proxies". They are advertised with the promise to protect your privacy, but very often they don't. Anyway, I try to trust my paid VPN services. And so far I'm quite happy with them. But be careful in booking such services! You have to ensure that they offer protocols supported in Windows XP. Nearly all of their native Windows apps don't work in Windows XP anymore. In most cases they support only Windows 7 and higher versions.

Cheers, AstroSkipper bybye.gif

Or here:

On 9/14/2022 at 12:08 AM, AstroSkipper said:

We are talking about VPN in Windows XP. This operating system is used on old and therefore low-powered computers. Using Windows XP on a much more up-to-date computer as a real. main operating system does not make sense at all for many reasons. :no: OpenVPN on an old, underpowered computer is a total disasterpcwut.gif The OpenVPN client has a much too high CPU load, and thus the connection speed is beyond good and evil. surmene.gif So, only the native protocols L2TP/IPSec and PPTP remain. And, these protocols have been discontinued by very many VPN providers or they offer L2TP in a newer version that is no longer compatible with the native L2TP protocol of Windows XP. :realmad: This is unfortunately the truth.  sorry.gif I know almost everything about VPN in Windows XP and have appropriate licenses with the few remaining vendors. :) Here is my advice based on 20 years experience with VPN in Windows XP: Forget about all free VPN services! Very low speed, in many cases no stable connections, no privacy, no security, and definitely a lack of a "no log policy". All those, who use Windows XP on a more up-to-date and relatively powerful computer as their real, main operating system, can actually no longer be helped anyway. :no: jexplique.gif

And here:

On 9/15/2022 at 11:43 AM, AstroSkipper said:

The choice of a VPN service depends on what is important to its user. Free VPN services means very low speed, in many cases unstable connectionsno privacyno securityno anonymity, and definitely a lack of a "no log policy". BTW, most of these free VPN "services" are limited in their bandwith, data volume, the used protocols, the number of available servers, and so on. If that is not a problem for you, then you can use such "services" like VPNBook. Anyway, each to their own! jexplique.gif

Here is a link for further information of VPN's disadvantages: 
https://www.top10vpn.com/what-is-a-vpn/vpn-disadvantages/  link.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper bybye.gif

For more, use the forum search! And, I do not use German servers at all. I choose my European servers carefully. I have more than 20 years of experience and in-depth knowledge of VPN in Windows XP. But that's not what we were talking about in the recent posts. :no: 

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

For more, use the forum search!

I said European servers!

I was under the impression Germany was still in Europe, despite the recent developments.

The search here for VPN shows 0 results.

Screenshot_20221121_020548.png

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

You might want to look at their laws in adavance, to confirm. And this would definitely be not Germany, sorry @AstroSkipper .

When I am in the need of VPN, I use special European servers, but not German ones due some reasons.
And, do not forget:
Europe is Germany -> false. Simple Boolean Algebra!

35 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

The search here for VPN shows 0 results.

Screenshot_20221121_020548.png

Maybe, the Russians are blocking your search function! buttonsearch.gif
Or, although I can hardly imagine it, your search settings were not particularly well chosen. smilie_denk_24.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

When I am in the need of VPN, I use special European servers, but not German ones due some reasons.
And, do not forget:
Europe is Germany -> false. Simple Boolean algebra.

Maybe, the Russians are blocking your search function! buttonsearch.gif
Or, although I can hardly imagine it, your search settings were not particularly well chosen. smilie_denk_24.gif

you know better.

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Did I say German servers? No. I said European servers!

I'd vote for the UK VPN servers, as my personal favourites.

And ,I'm afraid, you'd have to be more specific about the "European" servers you meant, because, let's say Albania, is also in Europe,

at least in theory. BTW, the Prussian Königsberg is also in Europe.

@D.Draker! Ok, I tried the search function of MSFN, too. Good news, no Russian influence :buehehe: and no operating errors! :no:  The search function of MSFN is not satisfying in many cases. I can't find a lot of things at all. Maybe, there is a content filter which does not allow to search for the string "VPN". Or it is too short. Anyway! Simply put, the search function is rather a malfunction in some cases!  thumbdown.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

19 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I'd vote for the UK VPN servers, as my personal favourites.

And ,I'm afraid, you'd have to be more specific about the "European" servers you meant, because, let's say Albania, is also in Europe,

at least in theory. BTW, the Prussian Königsberg is also in Europe.

I use paid VPN services with no log policy as described months ago, and therefore I have the ability to choose from a wide range of servers. Only European servers provide good speed for a German or European user. And of course, I mean UK servers, too. Being more specific wouldn't make any sense unless you'd own appropiate licenses for the same services. In any case, the quality of VPN servers varies significantly. And, once again, nearly all "Free VPN" services are compulsorily crap in one way or another. thumbdown.gif 
But, as someone here always likes to say: 5818.png

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

16 hours ago, D.Draker said:

These *weird* and *tender* German-russo relationships that developed after 2000

could be the reason @msfntor prefers American servers to the russian pipes.

EXACTLY, my friend. This is easily understandable, isn't it?

16 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Ideally, one would want to look for a *no log policy* VPN. And choose a server from a country that *at least declares* it values privacy.

Hopefully. 

I have to reconnect with my beloved UltraSurf. Bye!:hello:

Avoiding Russisn, Asian or American VPN servers is a very good idea for a European, if possible, of course, and if privacy and anonymity is important. Due to many well-known reasons. It doesn't matter whether someone is located France or Germany. The connections are too slow, physically induced. Americans are feeding permanently NSA & Co, presumably and hopefully against their will. Privacy and anonymity do not really exist in the USA. Have fun with Ultrasurf, @msfntor! Data collectors are already looking forward to it. :cheerleader: And give my regards to the NSA!

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

54 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Read: Avoiding Russian and German VPN servers is a very good idea for an European.

First read and then write is always a good idea:

17 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

And, do not forget:
Europe is Germany -> false. Simple Boolean Algebra!

This thread is about VPN in Windows XP.

54 minutes ago, msfntor said:

I want to give you a good idea, what to do with your time: go to Munich to adopt a sick cat: Her owner had to go to the hospital: sick cat is looking for a new home: https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-11-21-her-owner-had-to-go-to-the-hospital--sick-cat-is-looking-for-a-new-home.rk8TRQTOUo.html

Nice cat, but unfortunately, completely misplaced and off-topicofftopic.gif 
And by the way, I already have a cat, and I do really know what to do with my time if I'm not wasting it in unnecessary posts. But in this case, I'm going to make an exception, just for you. :) I hope you appreciate that. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

And by the way, I already have a cat, and I do really know what to do with my time if I'm not wasting it in unnecessary posts. But in this case, I'm going to make an exception, just for you. :) I hope you appreciate that. :)

This frees you from any blame. You're cleared. Go.:worship: