VPN for Windows XP

retrotrash69

6 hours ago, msfntor said:

...and Browsec VPN for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/browsec/

- not bad...

This topic is about VPN in Windows XP. Browsec VPN is an VPN extension for Firefox browsers 91.0.0 and later. In Windows XP, there are no browsers which this extension can be installed in.  Therefore, I do not understand such recommendation. It is rather misleading and off-topic. smilie_denk_24.gif

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

- so visibly the new version is "for Firefox browsers 91.0.0 and later" - sorry for this error.

All offered versions on Mozilla are for Firefox browsers 91.0.0 and later. And regarding old, abandoned versions for a VPN service, if they exist at all, don't work anymore in general.

8 hours ago, msfntor said:

Do you know UltraSurf?

Lok on my posts in the page 29 of Pretty Detox Posts topic here: https://msfn.org/board/topic/183266-pretty-detox-posts/page/29/

- Best free solution for your problems. I don't know if it work on Firefox...tell me, please.

There is no Firefox extension for this "VPN service" called Ultrasurf. And, the Windows client is rather a joke. I had to allow all connections of this client in my firewall to get it work, which I never had to do before for a VPN client and don't like to do. :no: Next problem, you can't choose a certain location. Therefore, I was connected instantly to the USA without asking me. No good! And for a European, certainly not! Furthermore, the connection is as expected very slow, not to mention security and privacy concerns in terms of NSA & Co. In general, I would really like to ask you if you have actually tested any of what you recommend here?  I am just beginning to doubt that. :dubbio:

52 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

In general, I would really like to ask you if you have actually tested any of what you recommend here?  I am just beginning to doubt that.

Yes, I've two versions of UltraSurf, and both work well, why?...

And I used Browsec VPN for a long time, a few years ago...

Edited by msfntor

34 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Yes, I've two versions of UltraSurf, and both work well, why?...

The description "both work well" is a very subjective thing. Unsolicited connection to American servers and a connection speed beyond good and evil rather mean "both don't work well". nimportequoi.gif

40 minutes ago, msfntor said:

And I used Browsec VPN for a long time, a few years ago...

Which means you didn't test it. A few years ago is not today, unfortunately. nimportequoi.gif

15 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

The description "both work well" is a very subjective thing. Unsolicited connection to American servers and a connection speed beyond good and evil rather mean "both don't work well". nimportequoi.gif

Which means you didn't test it. A few years ago is not today, unfortunately. nimportequoi.gif

Yes, both works well I told you already, and I don't care about connections to 2000 UltraSurf servers, on the contrary I appreciate them, and I have total confidence in this UltraSurf VPN. And the connection is NOT "very slow" here.
If you have other relevant questions to ask me, don't hesitate and ask them, please

"A few years ago is not today, unfortunately." - yes thanks, I see this in the mirror...:w00t:

Edited by msfntor

13 minutes ago, msfntor said:

And the connection is NOT "very slow" here.

More than very slow. I have tested it in contrast to you as it seems. I am interested in real facts and not in subjective opinions. Connections to American servers only are not a good choice. :no: For many reasons! :whistle:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

7 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

More than very slow. I have tested it in contrast to you as it seems. I am interested in real facts and not in subjective opinions. Connections to American servers only are not a good choice. :no: For many reasons! :whistle:

So maybe you prefer connections to... russian servers???:rolleyes:

I wouldn't if I were you.:no:

Yes,  I am interested in my subjective opinions.:P

Edited by msfntor

3 minutes ago, msfntor said:

So maybe you prefer connections to... russian servers???:rolleyes:

What world do you live in? If not American, then you have to use Russian servers? :buehehe: I haven't heard so much nonsense in a long time. Since you don't seem to know anything else, I'll give you a tip. We live in Europe and I prefer European servers. Pretty logical, isn't it? :)

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

There is no Firefox extension for this "VPN service" called Ultrasurf. And, the Windows client is rather a joke. I had to allow all connections of this client in my firewall to get it work, which I never had to do before for a VPN client and don't like to do. :no: Next problem, you can't choose a certain location. Therefore, I was connected instantly to the USA without asking me. No good! And for a European, certainly not! Furthermore, the connection is as expected very slow, not to mention security and privacy concerns in terms of NSA & Co. In general, I would really like to ask you if you have actually tested any of what you recommend here?  I am just beginning to doubt that. :dubbio:

They were slow even in 2010, when we had an XP working version, and yes, you're right, a very dubious choice for a VPN.

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

russian servers???

You meant russian pipes ???

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

What world do you live in? If not American, then you have to use Russian servers?

Ideally, one would want to look for a *no log policy* VPN. And choose a server from a country that *at least declares* it values privacy.

You might want to look at their laws in adavance, to confirm. And this would definitely be not Germany, sorry @AstroSkipper .

With German VPN servers you won't even be able to watch innocent videos on youtube by Steve Carell. Esp. the NSL ones,

where they mocked a russian cosmonaut. These *weird* and *tender* German-russo relationships that developed after 2000

could be the reason @msfntor prefers American servers to the russian pipes.

In the future, if the Kingdom Of Frisia changes its laws, I'd galdly use them ! 

This is the video I'm talking about, as an example. Either way, even if it works for you,from what I know, Germany will log the hell outta you !

by Steve Carell. NSL Space...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pf_Ue9gdw