Jump to content

Hi People! :)


Recommended Posts


On 5/21/2022 at 12:19 PM, Nerdulater said:

Ooh, lemme see that meme! :P

Cannot fint my fav one, here is a random one.

I leave google translate to you :P

haMdtRFNDpVcRPx6.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mcinwwl said:

Cannot fint my fav one, here is a random one.

I leave google translate to you :P

haMdtRFNDpVcRPx6.jpg

Looks like something off of jurassic park lol

Honey! I found a massive spider in our back yard! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This might be the last update for a while.

I almost got my account deleted, Made a tutorial on how to bypass windows xp's activation. Because i thought "Oh, Windows XP's abandonware. It's almost 8 years dead. The only way to activate it was through a almost dead telephone service." Now i will tell you, that's not true. Now i have 9 demerits (That don't expire) so i am here by the skin of my teeth. Have to thank the MSFN staff for a second chance, won't take that for granted.

I no longer have COVID. I have no symptoms at all. I have been taking a stupidly long stay at my fathers, Meaning all i have is my phone and no laptop which means i can only use memory, can't test anything. The closest time i can update without memory is 2 days away.

I have literaly replied to every windows related topic (expect server, i am not experienced for server, don't ask about it.) Why? because i have slowed my youtube watching because i want to help people. (And i am going to run out of my internet allowance) :)

Screenshot_20220527_180653.thumb.jpg.5954be5ed697c103f815ff160239398b.jpg

I am sorry if this is annoying you, then bookmark your topics! I am the little (N)

-Nerdulater

 

 

Edited by Nerdulater
Photo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2022 at 4:05 AM, Nerdulater said:

"Oh, Windows XP's abandonware. It's almost 8 years dead. The only way to activate it was through a almost dead telephone service."

We don't like giving points to people, quite the opposite actually. But we just have to be extremely careful because we don't want Microsoft serving us with any legal action. In fact there's another somewhat well known abandonware site for Windows OSes that I won't say for obvious reasons, but they too have a strict policy on Windows XP and will not allow it on their site which is weird since I don't think Microsoft really considers any of their operating systems abandonware despite being out of support so I have no idea how they dodge the legal department there. 

I myself am personally a bit surprised Microsoft doesn't just release an activation patch and wash their hands of it since as you said, the only way to activate it anymore is by telephone but apparently they still consider it enough of an asset to protect. I might be wrong but I don't think there's a single iteration of Windows XP that is supported any longer. :}

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tommy said:

We don't like giving points to people, quite the opposite actually. But we just have to be extremely careful because we don't want Microsoft serving us with any legal action. In fact there's another somewhat well known abandonware site for Windows OSes that I won't say for obvious reasons, but they too have a strict policy on Windows XP and will not allow it on their site which is weird since I don't think Microsoft really considers any of their operating systems abandonware despite being out of support so I have no idea how they dodge the legal department there. 

I myself am personally a bit surprised Microsoft doesn't just release an activation patch and wash their hands of it since as you said, the only way to activate it anymore is by telephone but apparently they still consider it enough of an asset to protect. I might be wrong but I don't think there's a single iteration of Windows XP that is supported any longer. :}

They actually did it with windows vista, but it was only for developers for obvious reasons. ****** also was given the same warnings but now that post is old, as the POS Ready 2009 had ended support in 2019. So will it actually die? nope. XP's too popular, it has the longest life with 12 years, even as of 2021 it still has 0.56% You can still dual boot XP with 11! The community isn't dead, like the Windows 98 community. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, i430VX said:

Online activation still works, too!

On Vista or XP? Because I believe that a few YouTubers have tried online activation of Windows XP and it failed and the only way to activate it was to call the number. I believe Enderman was one of the ones who tried it but my memory could be failing me too.

 

11 hours ago, Nerdulater said:

as the POS Ready 2009 had ended support in 2019.

That's what I thought was the last iteration of Windows XP and that they pulled the plug on it in 2019. Even though it's still pretty outdated, it's probably still one of the more functional out of date versions of Windows. I think China was one of the biggest users of Windows XP, I'm wondering if that's still true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, i430VX said:

Online activation still works, too!

Bleh, I remember XP refusing to activate in the past for being done too many times...

I use workarounds ever since, even on my daily-driven Win10, for which I do have a legitimate key.

16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

On Vista or XP? Because I believe that a few YouTubers have tried online activation of Windows XP and it failed and the only way to activate it was to call the number. I believe Enderman was one of the ones who tried it but my memory could be failing me too.

Maybe it works after installing current certificates.

Edited by UCyborg
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I believe Enderman was one of the ones who tried it but my memory could be failing me too.

Yes, that's correct. Enderman was one of them.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I think China was one of the biggest users of Windows XP, I'm wondering if that's still true.

It used to be true, but nowadays not anymore. See this link to know more: https://gs.statcounter.com/windows-version-market-share/desktop/china/#monthly-200901-202205

Armenia is so far, the only country I know, that has a lot of XP users: https://gs.statcounter.com/windows-version-market-share/desktop/armenia/#monthly-200901-202205

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2022 at 1:22 PM, Tommy said:

On Vista or XP?

Yes.

On 5/29/2022 at 1:37 PM, UCyborg said:

Maybe it works after installing current certificates.

Usually, that is all that is needed.

 

Relevant video:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Vista still activates itself no matter what . It checks the disk right after I enter the serial from the legit sticker (protection , like securom maybe?). Yes , we had such versions for sale in Europe . It's NOT OEM . No such word on the DVD . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2022 at 1:21 AM, i430VX said:

Online activation still works, too!

Never heard of online activation. I think Enderman had me convinced. I wouldn't be surprised, Microsoft supported the online games in Me/XP/7 until 2019/2020 even if it was virtually dead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...