Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

Thanks for the reply, but...
I'm a system administrator, and it's more pleasant for me to do everything myself.
There are a lot of things in the Integral edition assembly, I tried to integrate the drivers, but on some USB devices in the device manager there were yellow exclamation marks.
Something wasn't working right.

Therefore, it is more pleasant and reliable for me to integrate the drivers that I need myself.
In addition, I use windows xp in Ukrainian / Russian, so Integral Edition in English can be convenient, but not very suitable for me, because I don’t speak English.
Please understand me correctly.

For example, how to install PAE?
I assume WinXPPAE v3.5 is the latest and most stable. Okay, I download the archive and there is only the WinXPPAE.exe file.
What to do next, how do I install it correctly?

@steregushchyy

You can use the Optional Patch Integrator Script included with Integral Edition  on a standard Ukrainian/Russian XP ISO to integrate the drivers you need.

note: Remember to replace the out of date patched acpi.sys in \Integrator Files\Patches\ACPI drivers with a newer one built from source code.

53 minutes ago, Damnation said:

@Dietmar @George King

do either of you have a compiled free build of latest source acpi.sys? can you upload please?

Here is 7777.5 includes same mod as before to detect newer devices

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8plxu62h3znudeh/ACPI2.0_v5_x86+x64_5.1+5.2.7z/file
Edited by George King

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Is this a later version than the one I have, which is '5,1,2600,7777 built by: Administrator' with modified date 09 May 2022, 20:21:16?
:dubbio:

Yes, If you reshack it you can see If it´s v4 or v5. I’m always adding it to fileversion :)

OK I've updated the file.
No apparent difference, the sound problem is still there and it still won't restart, but good to know that I do still have the latest version.
:yes:

On 5/23/2022 at 3:58 PM, Dave-H said:

OK I've updated the file.
No apparent difference, the sound problem is still there and it still won't restart, but good to know that I do still have the latest version.
:yes:

This didn't fix my restart issue on my B250M-Pro4 either...  Not a complaint, just a bug report :-)

Just to report that I've now also discovered that my Lenovo Flex 10 won't hibernate in XP, it just BSODs.
Also it won't start in Safe Mode!
It hangs, apparently on loading acpitabl.dat.
:(

Hi,

I make an interesting discovery:

On all boards z370, z390, z690 that I tested under XP SP3 with ram patch all with 32 Gbyte ram and the Win8 USB3 driver,

after about 40 Gbyte of millions of files, photos, movies, docs, pdf etc. comes a message,

that not enough system resources.

When I disconnect the 200 Gbyte Sandisk ultrafast USB3.2 stick,

the same happens after the next 40 Gbyte.

But today I copy this 200 Gbyte stick on an Acer Aspire m7720 with FX58m board from 2009 (!) with 6Gbyte DDR3 Ram and i920 cpu

and an 4 port USB3 card in Pcie slot.

And voila: The whole stick on this old compi is copied in half of the time compared with an z690 board

and no message about not enough system resources appears

Dietmar

EDIT: This 4 port PCIe card is from Via with VEN_1106&DEV_3483

but not with its original VIA driver. The USB3 driver is the nice one from @Mov AX, 0xDEAD ported from Win8.

So it seems to be a problem of all(?) Intel USB3.

EDIT2: This 40GB problem under XP SP3 happens on all Intel USB ports,

USB3.0, USB3.1, USB3.2. USB2 I do not test because for this I need days.

And it happens after the same 40Gb from USB stick also without the nice memory patch from @daniel_k.

EDIT3: On the Asrock z690 Extreme, on all USB3 ports, the Sandisk USB stick shows more than 240 Mbyte/s with Crystal diskmark. On the VIA USB Pcie card the same stick shows 140 Mb/s.

But in real, the copy on the Via USB3.0 card is about a factor 2 faster for millions of files.

For all those tests I use the same USB3 driver modded from Win8 from the last Integrator package Optional Patch Integrator v3.3.0b3 from @Outbreaker. But it seems not to be a problem of this USB3 driver,

because on VIA USB3 Pcie 4 slot card VEN_1106&DEV_3483 this driver works perfect.

Other versions of this driver show exact the same 40Gb problem on all(?) Intel USB3.

EDIT4: It depends not on the USB stick. A Kingston Workspace with 64Gb shows the same error after copy of about 40 Gbyte. And the same happens vice versa, when I copy more than about 40 Gbyte from harddisk to this USB stick.

All is formatted with NTFS and has all patches for XP SP3 until May 2014 and also all Posready updates.

20220529-102908.jpg

Edited by Dietmar

@Damnation

We want to make things better.

For me it is also a hard job, to look deeper at this error, because it only happens after transfer of such a lot of files through USB3.

Yesterday in the evening I was soso much astonished, that with the same USB3 driver ported from Win8, the same XP SP3 installation

but now USB3 via VIA Pcie slotcard this long standing error on Intel USB3 not happens

Dietmar