StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

44 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

There's a logic bug somewhere, judging from crash reports. Can't reproduce though. Your steps are not enough, some specifics in config / multimon or other apps must be a trigger

Actually it does happen even with combine taskbar buttons on, but you just manually have to move an unpinned app to the top (so first) of the list and then open something else. I'll try to get more specific reproduction steps including settings or maybe even a VM to see if I can make it occur there. But can't dedicate many hours on it for the next week or two due to being really busy irl

Im getting so many crashes, I cant use the application anymore. Strangely, no crash dumps are generated (I ran the .reg). SAB version 3.8.6. svchost.exe also shows crashes in Event Viewer.
Config: Tripple monitors. SAB settings: Visual style: default, Windows 7 logo, explorer Win10 Ribbon UI.
Applications that would crash a lot: Sourcetree, Flameshot. My Autohotkey script would also cease functioning but no crash.

EDIT: This did not turn out to be the fault of SAB, it still happened even without. It was just coincidentally acting up every time I installed it.

startallback-crash.png

Edited by Riyyi

On 8/28/2024 at 6:41 PM, coucou said:

IT works :D TNX

However, I can't move the entire QuickLaunch block to the left (see image bellow)

Regards

QuickLaunch33.jpg

Finally I succeeded.
Here's the tric:
1. Launch an application, for example WinExplorer, it is visible in the Taskbar.
2. unlock the taskbar
3. point the right side of the QuickLaunch block and drag it vigorously with a sharp jerk, as if you wanted to pass the QuickLaunch block over the winExplorer icon...

It's done (see attached image)

Drag QuickLaunch_b.jpg

On 8/25/2024 at 12:26 AM, click-click said:

I for got to mention that I also have open shell installed. The start icon is there, but loses focus doing other things until hovering over the blank area which brings it back

On 8/24/2024 at 4:16 PM, Tihiy said:

You may have some other taskbar "enhancement" app?

1 hour ago, Riyyi said:

Applications that would crash a lot: Sourcetree, Flameshot. My Autohotkey script would also cease functioning but no crash.

Well those are not crashes but hangs (and Sourcetree hangs if you breathe wrong). Unlikely to be affected by SAB (do you use Dark Magic?). You may try to capture hang dump by prodump or Task Manager.

Hey @Tihiy

I found some new issues that are present in SaB 3.8.6 but not present at all in 3.7.11

The problems affects megasync app -> https://mega.io/desktop

Using SaB 3.8.6 you will not be able to install/update (Install for all users) the megasync app correctly cos various vcruntime and msvcp file writing errors are displayed (See attached photos) However these problems do not occur at all on SaB 3.7.11. I am asking you for help in solving this problem.

Screenshots of the issues.

1.png.ba5804ac649c8bc03e28d42fd0c99df9.png 2.png.2b527d45ac9a86d8fcb99794fa6beeb7.png 3.png.2b4936f2e4103a3c32a5b10b2e9d1ed6.png

Edited by -RKI-

1 hour ago, -RKI- said:

Using SaB 3.8.6 you will not be able to install/update (Install for all users) the megasync app correctly cos various vcruntime and msvcp file writing errors are displayed (See attached photos) However these problems do not occur at all on SaB 3.7.11. I am asking you for help in solving this problem.

Sure, also SaB 3.8.6 punches dogs. That's insane to imply and definitely not the case.

35 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

Sure, also SaB 3.8.6 punches dogs. That's insane to imply and definitely not the case.

But I checked it. With SaB 3.7.11 installed, there is no such problems... After updating to 3.8.6 I can't install or update megasync app because there are errors from screenshots. I am using a fully updated Windows 11 23H2. I am a serious person and I would not report to you something I am not sure about or something I have not checked myself. And I checked this very well and you can believe it or not but it took me several hours to come to the conclusion that SaB was causing the problem because at the beginning it also seemed impossible to me. I beg you, please take a look at this.

Edit: Give me a moment I'll record video with this issues.

Edit 2: Here u go video.

https://youtu.be/bm2EO0UMNrs

Edited by -RKI-

18 minutes ago, -RKI- said:

But I checked it. With SaB 3.7.11 installed, there is no such problems..

Nope, this issue is not SaB related, it occurs on upgrade regardless.

8 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

Nope, this issue is not SaB related, it occurs on upgrade regardless.

Check the video I posted above pls. There is the proof of my words.

Or for your convenience here is the link again.

Edit: I am 1000% sure that the SaB taskbar is causing these errors. You can check this in one more easy way. On 3.8.6 just disable the enhanced taskbar from SaB option and try Install megasync app and bam - No problem. Next enable once again SaB taskbar and the problem is back.

Edited by -RKI-

That's coincidental. I can record you a video where it doesn't update without SAB at all.

I can't move posts so please stop spamming this thread.

1 hour ago, -RKI- said:

Check the video I posted above pls. There is the proof of my words.

Or for your convenience here is the link again.

Edit: I am 1000% sure that the SaB taskbar is causing these errors. You can check this in one more easy way. On 3.8.6 just disable the enhanced taskbar from SaB option and try Install megasync app and bam - No problem. Next enable once again SaB taskbar and the problem is back.

I just installed Mega sync with SAB 3.8.6 installed no problem. So @Tihiy is correct. Although I swear I just saw SAB run over a stray kitten in the middle of the road.

Posted (edited)

StartAllBack 3.8.7 to test

https://startisback.com/StartAllBack_setup.exe

- Support Widgets button on the right

- Support new search highlight images

- Support first-letter tasklist focus navigation

- Moved overlay icon to top right for retarded Chrome

- Fixed taskbar not unhiding with drag&drop

- Fixed widgets closing with auto-hiding taskbar

- Fixed overflows not opening when there's a timer leak

Edited by Tihiy

Sometimes, the scroll bar incorrectly shows up as dark, when in light mode.

V8n-GHx8-RX0.png

Also, when there are no recently opened programs displayed in the Start menu and the All Programs menu opens automatically, it turns to Back, and clicking on Back returns to the main recently opened programs menu normally. However, when the "Display as flyout menu (Windows XP style)" option is activated, clicking on Back displays another menu, therefore having double All Programs menu.

6pn-R78tc-QL.png