StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

8 hours ago, ruvlad said:

Is it possible in the future to have a Start button directly to the left of pinned apps with "Centered task icons" tweak? (as in W11 taskbar)

+1, i'm surprised that it's not been already made :)

I just realized that the taskbar in the secondary monitor (Windows 11) shows the calendar and events like in Windows 10 (anyway, I'm using TClock Redux). Is it possible to bring this functionality to the primary monitor as well and add different button to show the notifications like the old action center button? I really hate how Windows 11 combines calendar and notification. Especially when I'm sharing the screen with my students during online class to show the assignment's deadline using Windows calendar, and the notifications are shown up.  

image.thumb.png.ea08f979e9a92e7ecefae9e9365633f7.png

21 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Set corner icons to use Windows 10 flyouts

Ah yes, I missed this button even though I already used it. But, how about the calendar? Since the old calendar is actually still there (can be activated using taskbar in the secondary monitor). Can we activate that through taskbar in the primary monitor?

and also, is there anyone (especially Tihiy as the dev) that experience that the flyout is cut off when the taskbar is at the top? (sorry, that I ask the same question since its buried in the previous pages)

Thanks.

image.png.e49e6483d3a53af137f8f2b3bd965ef1.png

2 hours ago, Hikaru said:

Since the old calendar is actually still there (can be activated using taskbar in the secondary monitor). Can we activate that through taskbar in the primary monitor?

Yes. Follow Tihiy's instruction to set corner icons to use Windows 10 flyouts (in StartAllBack's taskbar settings), and when you click on the date and time part (not Action Center!), the Windows 10 version of the flyout will appear.

Clicking on Action Center button still shows up Windows 11 combined flyout, so you can collapse the Windows 11 calendar to see more notifications without repeatingly expanding and collapsing the calendar part of the combined flyout.

I just found out something that is bugging me, StartAllBack's Start Menu should invoke shutdown /sg and not shutdown /s when pressing Shutdown on Windows 11 to match the behavior of the normal Win 11 Start Menu: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/shutdown

/sg performs a background logon at next boot.