StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Hello, I need help with StartAllBack. Upon installing the latest version 3.6.2, Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) perpetually crashes and relaunches making the system unusable. My only fix is to fight it while it is constantly changing window focus every half second, pull up Task Manager, launch CMD, taskkill /f /im explorer.exe, and then launch c:\users\<user>\appdata\local\startallback\startallbackcfg.exe, and disable StartAllBack for the user.

A complete uninstall/reinstall does not solve the issue (it brings it back); even tried using BulkCrapUninstaller (BCU) to clear out all remnants with no change. Also, an in-place install or upgrade from a prior version 3.6.1 does not solve the issue.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.1344

Please help and thank you!

1 hour ago, gopackers44 said:

Hello, I need help with StartAllBack. Upon installing the latest version 3.6.2, Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) perpetually crashes and relaunches making the system unusable. My only fix is to fight it while it is constantly changing window focus every half second, pull up Task Manager, launch CMD, taskkill /f /im explorer.exe, and then launch c:\users\<user>\appdata\local\startallback\startallbackcfg.exe, and disable StartAllBack for the user.

A complete uninstall/reinstall does not solve the issue (it brings it back); even tried using BulkCrapUninstaller (BCU) to clear out all remnants with no change. Also, an in-place install or upgrade from a prior version 3.6.1 does not solve the issue.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.1344

Please help and thank you!

I would like to hear input from @Tihiy regarding this also.

I just upgraded my OS to the same version (Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.1344), but I disabled StartAllBack prior to running the upgrade and have not re-enabled it yet due to fear of conflict with explorer.exe...

(I am not running any other software - only StartAllBack)

2 hours ago, gopackers44 said:

1) Import http://startisback.com/Enable_Crash_Reports.reg

2) Create C:\dumps folder

3) Crash

4) Send .dmp from C:\dumps

On 3/5/2023 at 12:09 PM, Tihiy said:

1) Import http://startisback.com/Enable_Crash_Reports.reg

2) Create C:\dumps folder

3) Crash

4) Send .dmp from C:\dumps

.dmp file too large to upload here (3,005 KB). Please grab from the link below. File is encrypted with password "hungergames"

https://upload.disroot.org/r/YW7hgEkp#WshRZ278AVSOSTMd9H/YPLbwTgFnBwFDbP/Q1JjM70Y=

16 minutes ago, gopackers44 said:

.dmp file too large to upload here (3,005 KB). Please grab from the link below. File is encrypted with password "hungergames"

https://upload.disroot.org/r/YW7hgEkp#WshRZ278AVSOSTMd9H/YPLbwTgFnBwFDbP/Q1JjM70Y=

You have StartAllBack 3.2.1 somehow. I'm interested because likely you have it installed twice, write to startallback@gmail.com for remote debug session.

5 hours ago, emendelson said:

"Check all updates" has never worked for me - and I see that someone else has reported the same problem, but if there was a reply, I can't find it. Am on 3.6.2. Am I missing anything?

Perhaps you tried to connect to IP updates directly, in which case it will be blocking all your requests for around a day.

31 minutes ago, barchee said:

Perhaps you tried to connect to IP updates directly, in which case it will be blocking all your requests for around a day.

Could you explain? All I did was click on "Check all updates." I do this once every few weeks. Nothing has EVER happened when I clicked on that text.

3 hours ago, emendelson said:

Could you explain? All I did was click on "Check all updates." I do this once every few weeks. Nothing has EVER happened when I clicked on that text.

Same for me. It always says 'up to date' (or whatever). Always have to manually load new updates.

Edited by ZombyWoof

9 hours ago, JFX said:

Maybe, you disabled notifications system wide then SIB/SAB updater does not do anything.

That is the answer. Thank you. I turned on notifications, and the link worked.

Maybe the page with the "Check all updates" link should say something like "(Requires notifications to be enabled in Windows)"? That would save a lot of grief for those of us who turn notifications off.

@Tihiy, I already seemed to ask, but if not..
Any way to return the big clock to the calendar flyout window?
I know that this can be done by switching to Windows 10 flyout style, but then it comes with Win 10 outdated design, which I do not like and it spoils everything..
Not that the clock in there is crucial or anything, it's just something I prefer.
Feels a bit empty without it..
tia

win_11_clock.jpg

Given the new channel situation, has anyone tried the first 23xxx build (23403) yet, which is the first build on the new Dev channel? I know Dev wasn't recommended for use with SaB in the past, but Canary is really what Dev used to be (even more so), and the new Dev is like a slightly more aggressive Beta channel and is thought to be the 23H2 track. Before, Dev wasn't necessarily on any track, it was more for feature experimentation, like Canary is now. This all seems to suggest that new Dev might generally be OK with SaB, certainly more than old Dev. What do you think?

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2023/03/06/whats-coming-for-the-windows-insider-program-in-2023

On 3/5/2023 at 10:30 AM, SkyySX said:

Hmm interesting, but do both solutions also re-enable Live-Tiles? I tried Start 11 before and it could replicate the Windows 10 menu but Live-Tiles weren't functional, is Explorer Patcher different here?

Sorry for late response, I have been testing Live Tiles feature to answer.

Start11 does not replicate Live Tiles. If the speech is about Explorer Patcher, then the answer is "Yes and no". Explorer Patcher enables Windows 10 Live Tiles feature; however, since Microsoft removed Live Tiles from Windows 11, the application manager in most cases does not enable Live Tiles for installed applications. For the Weather app, which has not been yet fully updated and still has Live Tiles, you may see weird behaviour in Windows 10 start menu.

On 3/11/2023 at 7:15 AM, VitalS said:

@Tihiy, I already seemed to ask, but if not..
Any way to return the big clock to the calendar flyout window?
I know that this can be done by switching to Windows 10 flyout style, but then it comes with Win 10 outdated design, which I do not like and it spoils everything..
Not that the clock in there is crucial or anything, it's just something I prefer.
Feels a bit empty without it..
tia

win_11_clock.jpg

Calendar Flyout is a solution.