360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

Regarding the letter I had already written. Here is a difference between V13.5 and V11.
In V11, the writing is much better.

V13.5:

V13.jpg

V11:

V11.jpg

Edited by Anbima

If you run 360Loader.exe, it loads the browser with the switches and commands which are listed in 360Loader.ini.
If you just run 360Chrome.exe, it doesn't.
The 360Loader.ini contents have been determined by @NotHereToPlayGames/ArcticFoxie as being the best conditions to run the browser in.
:yes:

2 hours ago, Anbima said:

How can I install in V11 ublock Origin?

For the "ungoogled" versions, you have to install extensions differently.

Download the .crx from here  --  https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/31931/

Then "drag and drop" the .crx file to 360Chrome with the extensions page ( chrome://extensions ) open.

Hi @NotHereToPlayGames, at first my compliment for your hard work here! You made it possible to have a more recent Chrome browser in Windows XP without annoying Chinese language strings. Thanks for that! :yes: Now I have a question relating to the RAM consumption of your 360Chrome editions. I use Windows XP on a very old computer with only 1.5 GB RAM. Is there an option to reduce RAM consumption significantly? Maybe a kind of single process mode as in Mypal 68? AFAIK people are advised to use 360Chrome version 11 on older systems. I tried your 360Chrome version 11 and 13.5, but in both cases the RAM consumption is very high starting the browser with an empty tab only. Any recommendations?  Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

You could try these two flags.  Enable "Strict site isolation".  I would try that first.  Then try the Opt-out setting for "Site isolation trial opt-out".

I'm going to try these on one of my comptuers with 1.5 GB RAM, I've never actually tried them but others users have cited them in the past. 

2 hours ago, Anbima said:

How can I make V11 as default browser?

You can use MANUAL registry entries.

Here's mine from when I used to use GreenBrowser  --  it would need edited for your path names and to point to the 360Loader.exe

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

;Set GreenBrowser IE8 Emulation
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
"GreenBrowser.exe"=dword:00001f40

;Set GreenBrowser as Default Browser
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\mail]
@="Microsoft Outlook"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet]
@="IEXPLORE.EXE"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Cached]
"{2559A1F4-21D7-11D4-BDAF-00C04F60B9F0} {000214E6-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} 0x401"=hex:00,\
  00,00,00,31,00,35,00,b0,16,ee,04,ce,3d,ca,01
"{2559A1F5-21D7-11D4-BDAF-00C04F60B9F0} {000214E6-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} 0x401"=hex:00,\
  00,00,00,31,00,35,00,ea,ae,0a,fd,cd,3d,ca,01
"{F81E9010-6EA4-11CE-A7FF-00AA003CA9F6} {000214E8-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} 0x401"=hex:01,\
  00,00,00,37,00,32,00,e6,9a,bc,fe,cd,3d,ca,01

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.shtml]
@="htmlfile"
"Content Type"="text/html"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ftp\shell]
@="GreenBrowser"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ftp\shell\GreenBrowser\command]
@="\"C:\\Miscellaneous\\GreenBrowser\\GreenBrowser.exe\" \"%1\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ftp\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\htmlfile\shell]
@="GreenBrowser"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\htmlfile\shell\GreenBrowser\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\htmlfile\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\http\shell]
@="GreenBrowser"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\http\shell\GreenBrowser\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\http\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\https\shell]
@="GreenBrowser"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\https\shell\GreenBrowser\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\https\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\InternetShortcut\Shell]
@="GreenBrowser"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\InternetShortcut\Shell\GreenBrowser\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\InternetShortcut\Shell\Open\Command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mhtmlfile\shell]
@="GreenBrowser"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mhtmlfile\shell\GreenBrowser\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mhtmlfile\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet]
@="GreenBrowser.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\GreenBrowser.exe]
"LocalizedString"="GreenBrowser Web Browser"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\GreenBrowser.exe\shell\open\command]
@="C:\\Miscellaneous\\GreenBrowser\\GreenBrowser.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Cached]
"{2559A1F4-21D7-11D4-BDAF-00C04F60B9F0} {000214E6-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} 0x401"=hex:00,\
  00,00,00,31,00,35,00,be,e4,ed,ce,5e,cd,cc,01
"{2559A1F5-21D7-11D4-BDAF-00C04F60B9F0} {000214E6-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} 0x401"=hex:00,\
  00,00,00,31,00,35,00,50,e3,0c,cf,5e,cd,cc,01

;Increase GreenBrowser Connections
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPERSERVER]
"GreenBrowser.exe"=dword:0000000a

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MAXCONNECTIONSPER1_0SERVER]
"GreenBrowser.exe"=dword:0000000a

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Just now, NotHereToPlayGames said:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.shtml]

1 minute ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\GreenBrowser.exe\shell\open\command]

I think you will only need what is between these two lines (and including these two lines).  I've not tried it, but this is how I manually set GreenBrowser as my default.

Might well be because it's a portable version.
Most browsers can't be made the default browser if they are installed as a portable standalone installation.
It's something the setup installer does on a normal install, registering it as a browser with the operating system.
:)

"ungoogled" will not affect the default browser button.

I personally do not have any web browser set at "default" - I don't want OTHER programs launching a web browser.

I see the mere setting of any web browser as a "default" to be a "security risk".

But that said, none of the modifications made should affect the default browser button - so if it doesn't work, that kinda tells me it doesn't work in the "official" unmodified Chinese version either.

Well I can say from bitter personal experience that the Chinese installer certainly does make the browser the default browser.
I installed the new 13.6 version a couple of days ago, mainly to see if the version of Chromium had gone up (it hadn't) and it made itself the default browser without being asked, and installed a load of other crap on my system too!
:realmad: