360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

Aha, so it's some minor patches around old chromium core (chrome.dll)? So there are multiple forks based on different chrome.dll developed simultaneously? Or did author decided to revert to older chrome.dll? Why not keep them for download?

It seems that MiniBrowser_1.0.0.127 uses the newest chrome.dll available on XP - 87.0.4280.66 but it's something different fork.

It's still confusing how many forks there are and which ones are alive and which are abandond...

Edited by xrayer

3 hours ago, xrayer said:

Aha, so it's some minor patches around old chromium core (chrome.dll)? So there are multiple forks based on different chrome.dll developed simultaneously? Or did author decided to revert to older chrome.dll? Why not keep them for download?

It seems that MiniBrowser_1.0.0.127 uses the newest chrome.dll available on XP - 87.0.4280.66 but it's something different fork.

It's still confusing how many forks there are and which ones are alive and which are abandond...

There have a new project named Chromium 115 for xp,you can try:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/?do=findComment&comment=1255910

6 hours ago, xrayer said:

Humming Owl abandoned his a very very long time ago.  He even has a post here somewhere stating that he will no longer be updating any of his modified browsers.

He did use public archive sites so despite the project being "abandonware", the downloads are still available.

I have abandoned all EXCEPT the Redux release.  Despite being on Win10 nowadays, I still use my own Redux release the vast majority of the time (with Official Ungoogled Chromium v114 the remainder of the time).

I actually PREFER 360Chrome to Ungoogled Chromium v114 even though 360Chrome is SLOWER.  I prefer the drag-and-drop auto-maximize, I prefer the ease of customizing the GUI, I prefer the ease of customizing context menus, the list is endless.

And perhaps at the VERY TOP of that list, 360Chrome has a TITLE BAR!  I really really hate hate HATE how Chrome abandoned a real TITLE BAR!

It's not quite to the point of triggering a migraine or a seizure of some sort, but I NEED TITLE BARS!  :cool:

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Work did "catch me" using 360Chrome on my lab benches and "slapped my hand" with an IT Warning.

So technically I no longer use 360Chrome during office hours.  IT didn't like build 2044!  I did not track down if it was something about build 2044 that put me on their radar.

Build 2044 was very early in its infancy when IT slapped my hand for using it at work.

Personally, I have never never NEVER trusted "newer" versions of 360Chrome - while some v86 "engine" compiling is possible (but unproven!) with "newer" UPSTREAM builds, what IS IS IS provable is the ADDED telemetry with every new UPSTREAM build that we just REMOVE here at MSFN anyway.

22 minutes ago, seven4ever said:

Latest unmodified x32 CN version is here:

https://bbs.360.cn/thread-15913525-1-1.html

Thanks, however, the download link is still the same, except that the link I sent earlier is a link to its homepage, and yours is a link to its changelog.

9 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Now I'm (even more) confused NHTPG told me this was the latest and greatest.

ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 Redux

Yeah, sorry, but whenever I see someone wanting the latest official version, I think of the latest version generally, not what people think of as the latest version.

I apologize if my statement offends everyone.

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Humming Owl abandoned his a very very long time ago.  He even has a post here somewhere stating that he will no longer be updating any of his modified browsers.

He did use public archive sites so despite the project being "abandonware", the downloads are still available.

I have abandoned all EXCEPT the Redux release.  Despite being on Win10 nowadays, I still use my own Redux release the vast majority of the time (with Official Ungoogled Chromium v114 the remainder of the time).

I actually PREFER 360Chrome to Ungoogled Chromium v114 even though 360Chrome is SLOWER.  I prefer the drag-and-drop auto-maximize, I prefer the ease of customizing the GUI, I prefer the ease of customizing context menus, the list is endless.

And perhaps at the VERY TOP of that list, 360Chrome has a TITLE BAR!  I really really hate hate HATE how Chrome abandoned a real TITLE BAR!

It's not quite to the point of triggering a migraine or a seizure of some sort, but I NEED TITLE BARS!  :cool:

Same as you, I love the tittle bar too...

8 hours ago, mina7601 said:

I apologize if my statement offends everyone

Nothing to apologize for, buddy, we always appreciate your input. You're a very helpful member of MSFN :yes:

Edited by XPerceniol

On 1/26/2024 at 2:45 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

..what IS IS IS provable is the ADDED telemetry with every new UPSTREAM build that we just REMOVE here at MSFN anyway.

I wanted to let you know I liked your posting for this and not that they slapped you on the hand for using 360 Chrome. I look forward to your Redux updates.

Edited by XPerceniol

On 1/26/2024 at 8:37 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have abandoned all EXCEPT the Redux release.  

I can't remember seeing chrome with the title bar but I also like it better and tabs can be moved up and down too.

Firefox unfortunately tends to copy chrome mistakes as far as UI goes.

the Supermium 121 XP backport takes up a lot of RAM maybe someone will need to rebase some dll files. :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now running Supermium 121.0.6167.81 for a few weeks and it seems work well, even some pages that failed in 360EE 86.x and MyPal68 so still can live with XP :)

5 hours ago, xrayer said:

I'm now running Supermium 121.0.6167.81 for a few weeks and it seems work well, even some pages that failed in 360EE 86.x and MyPal68 so still can live with XP :)

It worked too slow on my laptop with XP, so i gave up...