The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

The Last da Vinci: The World is Watching ...looks at the world through Salvator Mundi’s eyes

Video here: https://www.moreaboutadvertising.com/2017/11/droga5-looks-at-the-world-through-salvator-mundis-eyes/

Other websites about Salvator Mundi painting:

Good pictures here: Leonardo namaloval v Miláně dva Kristy: https://www.novinky.cz/kultura/clanek/leonardo-namaloval-v-milane-dva-kristy-128718

A lost Leonardo da Vinci painting was rediscovered after 500 years — but critics have spotted an unusual flaw: https://www.insider.com/is-leonardo-da-vinci-salvator-mundi-fake-crystal-orb-2017-10

- Could this theme be of interest to you?

In the middle of a street in my City I found the remains of a rat, probably eaten by a cat.
Everywhere in the city are placed the baits (which are fluorescent green) to kill rodents, mice and rats, in small black boxes with the inscription "AVIPUR". This bait kills rats due to the large amount of poison (a long-acting anticoagulant - prevents blood clotting) which reduces Vitamin K in the body which leads to decreased blood clotting ability. If clotting ability is reduced significantly, bleeding occurs, which kills rats that have eaten this poison. But the story doesn't end there: the cats that then eat the rats killed in this way, they also die! - This is called secondary poisoning. A horrible end of life for the cats! Threat to both ferals and indoor/outdoor pets...This is the title of the first link: 

How “secondary poisoning” kills your outdoor cats - Threat to both ferals and indoor/outdoor pets - by Merritt Clifton: https://www.animals24-7.org/2016/08/08/how-secondary-poisoning-kills-your-outdoor-cats/

"Asked one of the most dedicated of the multitude of “cat ladies” of my acquaintance,  “Do you know if there’s truth to the idea that if cats eat rats who have been into bait stations,  the cats will also get the effects of the warfarin?”The short answer is yes,  absolutely.  But a long answer is appropriate to adequately respond to all aspects of the question...."

Poisoning in Cats – Symptoms and Treatment - by Julia Wilson: https://cat-world.com/poisoning-in-cats/

"Poisoning is a life-threatening emergency that requires immediate veterinary care.Common poisons include human medications, insecticides, household cleaners, plants and rodenticides.Symptoms can vary but may include vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, confusion, lethargy, unsteady gait.Treatment depends on the type of poisoning but may include gastric decontamination (induce vomiting/pump the stomach), activated charcoal to prevent further absorption, toxin-specific antidotes, fluid therapy and supportive care. The earlier your cat receives treatment, the better the outcome...."

Secondary Poisoning Concerns With Rodent Baitshttps://www.pctonline.com/article/secondary-poisoning-concerns-with-rodent-baits/

"If my cats eat mice that have died from your rodent baits, can they be secondarily poisoned?” This is one of the most frequently asked questions by our residential clients. But similar questions are also of interest when we conduct rodent control around livestock farms, zoos, exotic animal farms and various animal-rearing facilities.What is secondary poisoning? How does it differ from primary poisoning, or from secondary ingestion? By understanding the basic terms and concepts associated with the hazards and risks of using rodenticides, PCOs can remain informed and decrease the occurrences of harming non-target animals during rodent control programs...

Secondary poisoning refers to one animal being poisoned after consuming the flesh of another animal which has digested the poison. But are the anticoagulant rodenticides such as bromadialone, brodifacoum, difethialone and diphacinone toxic enough to cause secondary poisoning? According to experts on this subject, residues of digested anticoagulants can be found in the livers of poisoned rodents. Thus, animals consuming the entire carcasses of poisoned animals can ingest the anticoagulant compounds when they consume the livers...."

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

For some of you that didn't know , I have a huge Iguana , and what pets do you have/had in the past ?

Oh, some domesticated dinosaur?:o

What he eat? No little kittens?.

I've a cat, female, still looking for goodies (kitten food preferably)...she is well grown, still sleeping...has her habits, petting on the washing machine every evening before going to bed, has multiple beds everywhere

1 hour ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

slow service. Took near week to get my coffee. I want my money back (what money?)

Please press 1 - for the complaints department.

Please press 2 - to speak to the manager on duty. (I think its Big Hubba Bubba today)

Please press 4 - to leave a message.

Otherwise ... please hold and the next available operator will GLADLY take your call.

......your current hold time, is: 4 hours and 55 seconds.

***elevator hold music playing****

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

For some of you that didn't know , I have a huge Iguana , and what pets do you have/had in the past ?

one of my family members got Leopard gecko as pet and know how lizards are. They are awake while most sleep since light. It can be controlled with lamps but sometimes blocking all natural light is hard if got no own room to it.

I personally only had fishes in past. Been thinking get Budgerigar parakeet but right now got no time to spend with them so out of question. I admit at current state of world I would be bad pet owner and will wait for better time. Well it is future plans.

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

Yep , a dragon . Eats plenty of vegetables , fruits , boiled chickens , naughty neighbours , drinks lots of fresh water . Absolutely cool with cats , he uses cats as warm pillows , allows them to walk around absolutely free . (those aren't my cats , those are of my friends, I don't have cats , but had them in the past , before the Iguana , which is 17 years old , BTW ! ) . Hates dogs , attacks them . Brutally . I think all iguanas hate dogs . 

3 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

They are awake while most sleep since light.

Geckos , maybe , I don't know . Iguanas are very active !!! Mine awakes approx. at 10 - 11 and stays very active for 10-12 hours , like humans . Sleeping time is 9-12 hours , depending on the current season.

A cool channel you might want to watch . I'm lazy to make videos , besides it's not very convenient thing to do with such dangerous lizard. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxJNYfZbhVQ

https://www.youtube.com/c/Bosveldson/search?query=forest

2 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Geckos , maybe , I don't know . Iguanas are very active !!! Mine awakes approx. at 10 - 11 and stays very active for 10-12 hours , like humans . Sleeping time is 9-12 hours , depending on the current season.

meant qecko is more of night animal and mostly comes out when dark. It stays up around same time. There is artificial lights to keep it sleeping routing way it is awake with owners.

3 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

I admit at current state of world I would be bad pet owner and will wait for better time. Well it is future plans.

Yes , true . I wouldn't do it now .

A NOTE . 

In the channel I provided , their Iguana has a broken nose . That may happen when they walk right throuh an object during the mating season ,  a wall , a window ! Just watch the videos , they will tell about that . Also , mine is bigger , theirs is only five - six years old or so and mine is 17.