The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

4 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Aye, still plenty of other ways to suffer and die. We're incredibly fragile. Don't get me started on old age...

You can't afford to get sick these days, seems CV is the only thing hospitals here still do. Not sure what to think of the Omicron. First they were saying it's less dangerous than Delta, now they're not so sure.

So far, I seem to be avoiding successfully (or maybe I've already unknowingly recovered from it :ph34r:). Perks of being asocial. :lol: I still have to go to work though, where the atmosphere is pretty relaxed. There was one coworker (he's a programmer) who wore mask ALL THE TIME, even outside with nobody around. Getting a shot apparently helped him relax. Most of the company stares at the screens all day, there's less of it in the production department.

This kinda reminds me from pig flu. Everyone were super hysteric that it will kill us all and you need take vac or will die. I know one friend who had it and he is still alive without side effects. Also many who took vac suffer from narcolepsy. Now it feels same but much longer period  of time.

4 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Still feeling like a criminal!

I guess constitution law wont mean a thing in your country (like it would mean thing on many places).

2 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Yes... at any time a BSOD can come, but there is no possibility of restart.
That's why it is necessary to be maximally active every day, especially for the others!
So keep an eye on it, because you don't know the day or the hour.

well said. That is my life attitude. I cannot know when it will end and will try live my best until day it all ends. I try not to worry too much and find things in life I enjoy like hiking, watching movies and playing games

3 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

like hiking, watching movies and playing games

I DON'T "like watching:...playing.." but helping the other.. this gives me satisfaction, that my time is not wasted

- but everyone has their own truck in different stages of life (so fragile!)

yes fragile, touch the babies of animals...to realize palpably...

Yes, I take life day-by-day and try to concentrate on the here-and-now; Today! This very second that will pass by and I can never get back. The past is gone, its over, and the future hasn't happened yet, so why waste a moment on worry.

I like you description of the the human BSOD with no restart. That resonated with me today, so today I will remember that and try not to let the madness and insanity of the world bring me down. I enjoy playing games and watching movies so much - My computer is the 'air I breathe' and my outlet to the outside world.

Edited by XPerceniol

8 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

That is my life attitude. I cannot know when it will end and will try live my best until day it all ends. I try not to worry too much and find things in life I enjoy

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I take life day-by-day and try to concentrate on the here-and-now; Today! This very second that will pass by and I can never get back. The past is gone, its over, and the future hasn't happened yet, so why waste a moment on worry.

This is so well noted, @XPerceniol ... I live Today, too!

Yesterday is gone, tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today, let us begin. This quote from Mother Teresa is packed full of truth. It is not complicated. It hits the nail on the head when it comes to making the most of every day. Together let’s look in detail at what exactly was Mother Teresa saying. Here: https://keepthinkingbig.com/yesterday-is-gone/  -Very interesting.

"Seize the day today!"

- "forgetting the past, looking ahead and moving on in life", "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift." - these reflections are from here: https://henryquote.blogspot.com/2021/08/22-past-present-future-bible-quotes.html

These links I've found thanks to swisscows.com search engine.

Thanks to both of you, @Mr.Scienceman2000 and @XPerceniol!

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I like you description of the the human BSOD with no restart. That resonated with me today, so today I will remember that and try not to let the madness and insanity of the world bring me down. I enjoy playing games and watching movies so much - My computer is the 'air I breathe' and my outlet to the outside world.

Thank you very much...and really, the craziness in the world is everywhere with this story of vax always rebonding from our governments that have been "elected".... I live my life as normal as ever as if none of this crazy stuff happened. For me too, the computer is a wonderful window to the world...to the freedom. I never look at the TV, I never read the press, so advertising of any kind has no effect on me. As long as I can, I don't go to the doctor. I live healthy, eat healthy, take vitamins, so I feel fine. I'm trying not to stumble, you have to be careful with everything...such times.:)

11 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

This kinda reminds me from pig flu. Everyone were super hysteric that it will kill us all and you need take vac or will die. I know one friend who had it and he is still alive without side effects. Also many who took vac suffer from narcolepsy. Now it feels same but much longer period  of time.

Guess it depends on how your biology takes it. At least with the current situation, depending on the circumstances, you could die from either. The whole thing put a lot of pressure on hospital workers. I haven't checked the stats recently, but some time ago, our country was the top in death rate per certain amount of population due to virus. Feels surreal, why us in particular?

Over a month ago, a young 20-year-old woman died due to Janssen vaccine, which they've stopped using since. She merely wanted peace due to pressure of requiring RVT condition everywhere and constant testing gets tiring. Statistical anomaly perhaps, but it doesn't do you any good if you end up being the one and you don't exactly have a death wish. They don't have anything in place to verify it'll work on you as intended.

6 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

My computer is the 'air I breathe' and my outlet to the outside world.

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

For me too, the computer is a wonderful window to the world...to the freedom.

Ever wonder how things would look like without computers?

Edited by UCyborg

11 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Guess it depends on how your biology takes it. At least with the current situation, depending on the circumstances, you could die from either. The whole thing put a lot of pressure on hospital workers. I haven't checked the stats recently, but some time ago, our country was the top in death rate per certain amount of population due to virus. Feels surreal, why us in particular?

Over a month ago, a young 20-year-old woman died due to Janssen vaccine, which they've stopped using since. She merely wanted peace due to pressure of requiring RVT condition everywhere and constant testing gets tiring. Statistical anomaly perhaps, but it doesn't do you any good if you end up being the one and you don't exactly have a death wish. They don't have anything in place to verify it'll work on you as intended.

Don't get me wrong I am not any anti vaxxer person and I got all basic vaccinations. My only worry is related health issues others had with those experimental vac. I wont be guinea pig for big medical companies.

But you know what response to my worry is? "Stop reading conspiracy theory sites, there is no microchips in vaccine" or that I am selfish for not taking it. I have not said anything from microchips only that I got worry it could have side effects to my health as it is currently experimental. I hate when you are automatically flagged belonging to some actual id*** club when you have genuine concerns from anything. But it usually tell other side has run out of good arguments and need to be desperate.

11 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Ever wonder how things would look like without computers?

If you mean computers overall we likely would be near Amish as computer covers quite lot of things. There has been computers since early 1900, but they were not like today. Also every time you would call someone there would be phone center person (sentraalisantra here) instead of automatic call machine to connect you that person.

But if you mean computers like one I am typing with one thing I would see is it would limit ability to do you own research on things as computers and internet allows much less resisted access to data than before. Also gotta admit computers does some things like calculations easier and save lot of time for my life. Sure I can calculate without but why bother every time when spreadsheets make them easier.

Also I would not have so much media preserved as I have now

I've considered myself fortunate in regards to the whole "to vax or not to vax" drama.
I worked for a Fortune 500 company with right around 380 employees when covid first broke out.
There were several of us that got it BEFORE the international medical community even knew what it was!
MILD cases!  All of us in our mid-20's to early 50's.
What p!sses me off about the "media" is that they want everybody to think that "everybody" that catches it will be "hospitalized" or "near death".  THAT'S JUST MEDIA STUPIDITY!
SOME of the media isn't as bad now, TWO YEARS LATER, but you can still see the "near death" undertones or the "you are killing your grandmother if you don't get vaccinated" B#LLSH!T in the "media".

Those of us at the Fortune 500 company that had a MILD case, had a couple of documented sick days, and provided HR with documented proof of medical care - we have been exempted from the vaccine "mandate" on grounds of "natural immunity".
But vaxxed or not, this company still mandates ALL employees wear a mask all day - ONE mask handed to us by security when we clock in.
Don't get me started on ONE mask being worn 8hrs+ per day.
Don't get me started that ONE hour into our day, everybody's mask is worn and fuzzy and dirty because everybody "picks at it" with dirty fingers that have touched everything in sight!
It's become nothing but a laughing-stock, nobody wearing their mask above their nose, "supervisors" not doing their REAL job but think they've earned a salary by telling everybody to "pull their mask up".
Despite they themselves dangling their mask from one ear, exposing mouth and nose, when they sit at their desk - THREE FEET away from somebody else with a dangling mask.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

5 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But vaxxed or not, this company still mandates ALL employees wear a mask all day - ONE mask handed to us by security when we clock in.

Don't get me started on ONE mask being work 8hrs+ per day.
Don't get me started that ONE hour into our day, everybody's mask is worn and fuzzy and dirty because everybody "picks at it" with dirty fingers that have touched everything in sight!
It's become nothing but a laughing-stock, nobody wearing their mask above their nose, "supervisors" not doing their REAL job but think they've earned a salary by telling everybody to "pull their mask up".
Despite they themselves dangling their mask from one ear, exposing mouth and nose, when they sit at their desk - THREE FEET away from somebody else with a dangling mask.

my workplace wont require me to wear mask in my office luckily. Only if I am moving on other areas. I see some who wear mask even on car when they are in it alone. Do they wear one while they are alone in home too?

17 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But not if your sole source of "information" is "social media" and you don't have some tiny shread of "trust but VERIFY" approach towards your "information"!

but...but..but it must be real since it exist on twatter of fakebook.

Long ago I made fbibook account thinking attend some communities but quickly learnt it was not what I expected. Everyone were narcissistic, I was though suspicious because did not have birthday, hometown, family info and picture of myself in profile and eventually left whole cancer for good and got no regrets. I stick to messaging boards I guess since here nobody cares that I am with picture of MTV3 channel mascot (aulis owl) and with my nickname and not real face and name. I never understood why I need have my own face everywhere.

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

I live in a small midwest town so nowhere near "represented" in the media that all originate from gigantic metropolitan sky-rise-building cities with more people living in one sky rise then living in my entire town.

I also live in a "swing state".  We vote "red" and "blue" almost equally.

There was a common joke around  year or so when stores and restaurants were opening up and there were no more "restrictions" on store occupancy.

We went through a phase where security was placed at store doors, nobody allowed in until somebody already inside exited the building.

This didn't last long, but really showed how DIVIDED our nation is!  And how POLITICAL this "pandemic" is!

As a way to cease-and-decist with all of the DIVISIVE POLITICS, our town put a stop to the "restrictions" long before cities "represented" by national/international media put a stop to theirs (most still ongoing to this day!).

But this "swing state" has several retailers that are "owned and operated" by a "blue" state to our north.

So the JOKE that was prominant about a year ago was this - those "blue-owned" companies would have to follow the letter of the law for their "blue" state even though the store is in a "red/swing" state.

So while 80% of retailers no longer mandated masks be worn, these "blue-owned" retailers still mandated masks.

So the JOKE was this - "Oh, your company's president voted for Biden so your company is toeing the Biden Line".

We could tell which companies were "locally owned" and which were owned by the larger state to our north ALL ON ACCOUNT OF which retailers were forcing masks in their stores when the rest of the town no longer does.

NONE of them force masks anymore!  And I sure as "F" hope those d@mn mandates are gone FOREVER!

29 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I laugh my a@@ off when I read forum posts boasting "security and privacy" and yet see their PICTURE as a profile avatar.  Generally a sign of a very large "social media" presence.  Not always, but generally.

Back in day long ago when I was in school I was taught following for using internet: Do not use your real full name, do not use your real profile picture, do not tell your age, do not tell your address to unknown person. That was back when everyone used messaging boards and MSN messenger and other groups to talk online instead of social media. I had many "faceless" friends as kid that I never knew from their name, age or town in MSN messenger and they did not mine. Then the era of facebook came where idea was use your real face instead of some profile picture and real full name and all other and it ruined whole system for good.

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000