The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

5 hours ago, D.Draker said:

must be your slow internet downlink

Not technically true.  I have a screaming-fast download speed.

BUT that download speed is "divided" intentionally across two wi-fi routers.

The *FAST* wi-fi router is for my streaming devices scattered throughout the house.

The *SLOW* wi-fi router (web browsing and even YouTube) is set up that way INTENTIONALLY.

Reminder that I do *NOT* view "hi-res" videos on YouTube.  That activity is reserved for my streaming devices.

Let's face it it, 1.1mb banners is NOT "normal" and why would I want my streaming devices throughout the house "pixelating" when a web page is hit with a GIGANTUOUS banner?

Though no, ONE 1.1mb banner will not eat up my streaming device's "buffer".

Regardless, serving a 1.1mb banner is, I'm quite sure, a *mistake* and was not done that way on purpose.

4 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Regardless, serving a 1.1mb banner is, I'm quite sure, a *mistake* and was not done that way on purpose.

ie - consider the STRAIN it puts not on OUR end when visiting MSFN, but on the end of the SERVER that has to SEND that GIGANTIC image to however many members happen to be online at the same time.

I didn't check the header rules or whatnot for that banner.

Most advertisement banners are re-sent each and every visit regardless of whether the banner resides in our cache or not.

Is this really true? 70% sale sounds so cool! Though the shop says only "Up to 50% off!"

"Wide selection of authentic software license keys at UBEATABLE prices". 

Someone knows what's "UBEATABLE" means? UNBEATABLE, maybe?

UBEATABLE.png

Am I alone in my feeling(s)

Is the world becoming even more hostile towards the LGBTQIA community (even though at 50 I'm not a part of any community) because sometimes I feel (more than a little) unsafe and I'm just being "me" just "myself" a shy quirky nerdy guy. I keep to myself and am not sexual (asexual) but I DO have some effeminate mannerisms (that I can not hide and shouldn't have to) that give away that I'm gay and I'm not ashamed but self-preservation has to be first and foremost for my own (little) survival. Me I'm just blip and ripple in the tide/water and (trust me) I DO want it that way (to go unnoticed) and I have no desires(s) for friendship or to be in public much as I'm disabled and can't work.

That being said: I'm accepted among the people I come into contact with that "know" and its just its left unsaid and I like it that way and don't profess to be anything other than just little old humble me with quirks and ticks from my traumatic brain injury chiari brain malformation.

I'd really like to know any advice from others because I'm just trying to survive with limited time on this earth and there is nothing to change other than what is bringing me down. Perhaps this will pass but politically speaking I feel things will get worse and this (in turn) will only aggravate my agoraphobia and I could hid away from the wold as I'm fine with being a loner. That is the way it was/is supposed to be regarding me.

Thank you and sending out love in the best way I know to do through the universe. I expect to not get any replies and I'm fine if that is the case. Please if possible try not to be too harsh as I'm still in a fragile headspace nowadays.

Edited by XPerceniol

I don't know, some people in these communities say things are much better than over a decade ago for instance, though I'm still pessimistic. Nasty people seem to be everywhere. Recently there was the incident in my home country when some folks were burning the rainbow flags.

Even more recent news, people being as****** to maintenance workers on our roads, verbal assaults and such, on top of them already being in lethal danger due to drunk and careless drivers.

9 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

I don't know, some people in these communities say things are much better than over a decade ago for instance, though I'm still pessimistic. Nasty people seem to be everywhere. Recently there was the

I'm also pessimistic. too, but yeah, better in some ways but heading backwards as I view it. Yeah, nasty people are everywhere.

Recently there was the incident in my home country when some folks were burning the rainbow flags.

Thanks is so sad to hear but doesn't surprise/shock me and I'm becoming numb to this sort of happenings . Me, I have never been a rainbow waiver, myself for self protection - I keep it to myself.

Even more recent news, people being as****** to maintenance workers on our roads, verbal assaults and such, on top of them already being in lethal danger due to drunk and careless drivers.

.......(

I very much appreciate your reply today, but, of course, sorry to know we both are not exactly positive about the current situation, but we'll take it day-by-day; I guess.

Be well,

Salvatore

Edited by XPerceniol

6 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Is the world becoming even more hostile towards the LGBTQIA

Generally, you will be fine, as long as don't visit a country which is openly hostile.

For example, France is a friendly place, very friendly and open, we just tend to keep our preferences to ourselves.

When planning your vacation, it's advisable to check the warnings regarding that.

I think it's safe to assume - you will be good in Western Europe.

Thank you!

I don't know ... Well for the most part I'm in a safe (small) environment 99% of the time so I guess I'm more seeing what is happening to others (in the news, mostly) rather than me (personally); because nothing bad has happened to me and I really don't know how to fight and I've been VERY lucky to have never been attacked in 50 years besides small struggles when i was very young. Perhaps I'm overthinking it and I don't plan any vacations any time soon, though, but food for thought.

Yeah, maybe I need to better filter out the bad news again and avoid the (know) triggers, I just don't know but I think I'm safe here now and much better protected here than before. People are nasty and mean but just in general mean because of the division here in the US and being that its a political election season, people are all especially worked up. I just have to get used to it, I don't know, don't think we can go back (to what, I don't even know what I'm expecting), but I don't know anymore and its beyond my control and I hide away in obscurity and live a reclusive life and I guess I'm sort of happy with just my little bubble and my plant and I usually don't speak unless spoken to first and I avoid eye contact and I see what's in the eyes of others and it gives me the creeps and makes my skin crawl and my senses tell me to go unnoticed.

Anyways, enough about me, even I get sick of my own nonsense sometimes, so hopefully people will start again to talk about other things in the café besides me.

Again, thank you for the support.

Edited by XPerceniol

On 12/24/2023 at 12:19 AM, XPerceniol said:

spacer.png

Heh... this reminds me of a certain Disney character (who loves to move in the slippery ice) with a similar look that I saw many times, but that deer looks cute nonetheless. Eww. :)

Oh, and Merry Christmas!