My Browser Builds (Part 2)

2 hours ago, roytam1 said:

whole processes in reply email is here:

This email looks like it is meant for a mechanical HDD. Did you explicitly specify that it is a SSD you'll be sending to them?

---

Does anyone else have issues with imgur recently? Often it loads pages half-way, then turns everything to black.

Out of curiosity. How come the versioning for NM 28.x is different than Pale Moon? It seems to have the same changelog, but it's internally branded as 28.10.x rather than .13. Is this because of the new add-ons warnings? What about when 29.x rolls out? Do you intend to restore the dual extensions GUID?

Thanks

@roytam1 FYI: The new sept. 12 version of IceApe-uxp does not work on my two systems (XP and Win7) and return the dialog "Couldn´t load XPCom". Thank you for your hard work :)

Edit: in the IceApe-uxp sept. 12 zip archive mozsqlite3.dll is missing. If copying the missing dll from a previous version into the iceape-uxp folder all works well

Edited by flusspferd

10 hours ago, flusspferd said:

@roytam1 FYI: The new sept. 12 version of IceApe-uxp does not work on my two systems (XP and Win7) and return the dialog "Couldn´t load XPCom". Thank you for your hard work :)

Edit: in the IceApe-uxp sept. 12 zip archive mozsqlite3.dll is missing. If copying the missing dll from a previous version into the iceape-uxp folder all works well

nice catch. will be fixed in next build.

On 9/13/2020 at 2:13 AM, RainyShadow said:

This email looks like it is meant for a mechanical HDD. Did you explicitly specify that it is a SSD you'll be sending to them?

They replied by phone and the terms of recovering HDD and SSD are similar (of course some the process are different), and for SSD recovering includes 1TB external HDD for returning data.

and for "recoverable" means the whole data that original device can hold that can be recovered in percentage > 50% will cost HK$3000, and for > 70% will cost HK$6800, in between them will be discounted.

I'm still thinking about that since it is big money for the data recovery.

Edited by roytam1

Nice job with MailNews. I was unable to add the Yahoo IMAP account with Thunderbird 52.9.1, kept getting configuration errors. They're now forcing everyone to OAuth2 so you have to delete the old Yahoo account and setup a new one. MailNews worked like a charm up so I can keep using Yahoo with XP.

42 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

Nice job with MailNews. I was unable to add the Yahoo IMAP account with Thunderbird 52.9.1, kept getting configuration errors. They're now forcing everyone to OAuth2 so you have to delete the old Yahoo account and setup a new one. MailNews worked like a charm up so I can keep using Yahoo with XP.

Thunderbird 52.9.1 cannot work because the Yahoo + OAuth2 code was entered by Thunderbird 60.

Also interesting is the use of the new version 5 of POP Peeper (email notifier) which allows OAuth2 authentication with your default browser.

Pop Peeper 4.5.3 work with I.E.8.

Yahoo authentication was possible.
Because the Yahoo Mail web page can be reached with I.E.8.
But other OAuth2 authentications, such as Gmail, are impossible because they don't work with I.E.8.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

20 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Thunderbird 52.9.1 cannot work because the Yahoo + OAuth2 code was entered by Thunderbird 60.

Didn't know that. I've only got 2 email accounts setup, Yahoo and Hotmail, which still uses the normal password.

One small problem I ran into is the Get All Mall addon no longer works to check the Yahoo account for some reason. It does on Thunderbird 68 so it has to be a setting in MailNews.

20 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

Didn't know that. I've only got 2 email accounts setup, Yahoo and Hotmail, which still uses the normal password.

One small problem I ran into is the Get All Mall addon no longer works to check the Yahoo account for some reason. It does on Thunderbird 68 so it has to be a setting in MailNews.

OAuth2 + Yahoo authentication works with MailNews because I provided the code to Roytam1 :worship: and our developer applied this patch.
A benefit for us all.:thumbup

You can find the code on the previous pages of this thread.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira