My Browser Builds (Part 2)

v27 Permissions Manager still does not work.

I'm not talking about MENU -> Tools -> Page Info -> Permissions.

I'm talking about MENU -> Tools -> Permissions and the Permissions Manager that is then displayed.

The Permissions Manager hasn't worked in over a year.

The Plugins section doesn't fill in, you can change a dropdown setting but it does not save or even go into effect for the current session, et cetera.

Tools  --  Permissions.jpg

2019-08-02.jpg

2020-08-21.jpg

@roytam1

8OQZI8xG_o.jpg

:thumbup

I have long since reduced the insecure cipher suites to 2:

40hUUGtp_o.jpg

I saw that you made several changes to the cipher, can you explain better?

TH.

:hello:

P.S. I had to re-enter MailNews as my default email program.
Can you check if there is any problem?

TH.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

6 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I'm talking about MENU -> Tools -> Permissions and the Permissions Manager that is then displayed.

You should've just said about:permissions to avoid any confusion.

I never used that page, so can't comment about it. I just click on the favicon in the address bar to bring up the  Page Info dialog and do my settings there.

Is there supposed to be a list of the sites with custom settings on the left under "All sites"?

@roytam1<--

I am now using the latest Bnavigator Browser (20200822), that was the Borealis Browser.
I migrated to Bnavigator, by copying my PROFILE (files) from Borealis (folder path) to Bnavigator (folder path).
However, I am NOT able to set the (new) Bnavigator Browser as my DEFAULT Browser.
I cannot find under PREFERENCES where to set it as DEFAULT, maybe I am blind.
I tried to find via Internet postings a solution, but I failed. Any help on this, would be appreciated.

So (Bnavigator), under PREFERENCES, then the NAVIGATOR section, I do NOT see listed
there a 'DEFAULT Browser' check box choice anywhere, to try to be more clear.
And so, Bnavigator also keeps prompting me to "Choose the APP to open the file type" ...
And when I do that (pick Bnavigator as the Browser), I am NOT able to SAVE / RETAIN
that choice via 'check marking' the 'Use it all the time' box (however that wording is).

Edited by TechnoRelic

@TechnoRelic

I haven't tried Bnavigator, but if it's anything similar to PM/Serpent, then a search for DefaultBrowser in about:config should give you a setting to toggle/reset.

You imported it along with your profile, so the browser assumes it is already set as default and doesn't bother checking.

1 hour ago, RainyShadow said:

@TechnoRelic

I haven't tried Bnavigator, but if it's anything similar to PM/Serpent, then a search for DefaultBrowser in about:config should give you a setting to toggle/reset.

You imported it along with your profile, so the browser assumes it is already set as default and doesn't bother checking.

Yes, I just looked around in about:config -- and no luck ... But your suggestion surely seems a valid one.

Edited by TechnoRelic

6 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

You should've just said about:permissions to avoid any confusion.

yeah, thats not the same as right click -> page info -> permissions which has no problem.

anyway, this is fixed in repo and next build should have this fix applied.

1 hour ago, TechnoRelic said:

Yes, I just looked around in about:config -- and no luck ... But your suggestion surely seems a valid one.

you may reset "shell.checkDefaultClient" in about:config, close browser, set IE as default, reopen browser and it should ask you to set default.

Can't believe no one (except 1) is ever using this very handy global permissions sheet, incredible.
But great it can be fixed!
While at it, in KMG74 it looks suspiciously the same:
with "Forget about this site" in the upper right corner, and the displayed values have nothing to do with my real global default prefs in about:config (most handled by macro, or just permanently blocked)

And if not too complicated (?), is there a way users of older KM versions might fix it themselves somehow?

I already told you guys that the shellservice is in the process of being replaced and the front-end needs to be conformed to it. I am working on it. Though this is what you get for using unfinished, unreleased code. Especially when you don't know anything about what you are building and ******** out to unsuspecting users.

I am also not happy with these terrible renames happening here that are just plays on my hard considered brands. Are none of you original enough to think of your own names? Well the answer is yes because after HOW MANY YEARS none of you have decided on a proper name for these corruptions of our work.

Bnavigator Browser.. really? Why not call it Bnavigator Explorer Browser Client for the Web. Ridiculous.

Edited by Matt A. Tobin

5 hours ago, roytam1 said:

you may reset "shell.checkDefaultClient" in about:config, close browser, set IE as default, reopen browser and it should ask you to set default.

First, thanks for your prompt reply, always amazed here by your (RT) level of support.
I did locate and RESET the appropriate 'about:config' entry as described.

However, here, I actually have IE Browser (WinXP) as NOT INSTALLED.
So, I tried to install IE Browser from my WinXP OS disk, and it did install.
BUT, the IE Browser then would NOT open, gave some kind of ERROR message.
So, I did then UNINSTALL the IE Browser via the WinXP OS disk, so return to original status.

Is there another 'work around' that does NOT involve using IE Browser (Win XP OS) ???
And REGRETS here that this is turning into a nuisance for you.

As added information, I have RT ICEAPE Browser installed and working here.
But, the BNAVIGATOR Browser seems to like my Old Laptop Hardware a bit better.

2 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

@TechnoRelic Just set whatever other browser you have as default, it probably don't have to be IE.

Yes, what you suggest it has good logic. Unfortunately, it is not happening with RT BNAVIGATOR
as you would want to see it. I have the RT ICEAPE-UXP Browser installed and working here.
And currently now, the ICEAPE Browser is set as Default Browser (for WIN XP OS).
Unfortunately, when I close ICEAPE Browser, and then open BNAVIGATOR Browser,
the 'prompt box' where it should ask if you want BNAVIGATOR to be made Default Browser,
does not happen (not visible). So, hopefully, RT will suggest another 'work around'
for RT BNAVIGATOR Browser that does not include using IE Browser. My personal WIN XP OS
circumstance is a bit not usual in that I do not have IE Browser installed.

Are you people THIS STUPID. ShellService is in the PROCESS of being REPLACED. It is NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL YET. I am the one who removed the old shellservice and am in the process of replacing it and adapting the frontend code to work with the NEW ShellService. There is not a god damned thing you can do about it until the work has been completed. It is broken. Until I fix it, it will REMAIN broken.

f***in morons, I swear. There is a reason Borealis isn't a released product yet, this is one of them. When will you people learn that all this praise for roytam1 or fedor2 is completely misplaced. They are incapable of doing more than extremely minor modifications of the code and ALL THE s*** you thank them for was done by my self and others who aren't trying to scam you into using old and insecure operating systems and half-assed and corrupt incarnations of code on top of them.

Edited by Matt A. Tobin