When will there be a version for Windows 10 1703?

Haven't found anything conclusive, I remember it was written somewhere else the date is late 2017. Who knows, it's possible that this might be just the first iteration that will evolve next year. Unless I missed something, there wasn't a single word about whether title bars of Win32 apps are affected.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 11:29 PM, bigslacker said:

It's too long. How long will it take?

I genuinely hope he is alright.

His software is the reason I've been able to use Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 without being disgusted by the changes made to the user interface after Windows 7 (still the best one ever in my opinion).

You're right - a lot of time has passed us without an update of any kind from the man himself.

His absence only serves to underscore the stupid decision made which resulted in Windows Aero's codebase being shredded apart.

9 hours ago, Mostly Harmless said:

tried Windowblinds instead of Aero Glass.

it's a piece of crap.

Please, BigMuscle, we need that update.

(I'll pay you again if needed.)

Me too.  I tried Windowblinds and it wasn't very good.  I'd also pitch in more money if it helped bigmuscle get updates out.   I'm hope were not the entire userbase who contributed $5 a few years ago and he keeps making updates without any new revenues.

14 hours ago, Zod said:

Me too.  I tried Windowblinds and it wasn't very good.  I'd also pitch in more money if it helped bigmuscle get updates out.   I'm hope were not the entire userbase who contributed $5 a few years ago and he keeps making updates without any new revenues.

There are most likely many fans of AeroGlass and supporters of @bigmuscle that contribute financially with minimal interaction in this forum. Some may not even be aware of this forum. That being said, you can never have too many financial supporters for any project like this and the man deserves probably far more than he has received in donations. People with special skills like his are usually very generous and almost never get as much as they deserve to receive for their efforts. While I seldom engage in the forum here, I have contributed 35.50 € to support the work and really hope we get support for 1703 (Creators Abortion as I prefer to call it) because every version of Windows from 8.X to date sucks without Aero transparency. I am doing the best I can to tolerate it, but it's a sucky OS in many ways besides the absence of an attractive UI.

On 7/19/2017 at 2:20 AM, Zod said:

I purchased Windowblinds yesterday and while the selection of themes available for it could only be described as lacking, the Aero Glass implementation works very well.  That being the case, I am now putting together a vanilla Windows 10 theme for it, with what I would consider to be aesthetically pleasing glass.

This is far from an ideal solution but I am confident that I can make it work for me; at the very least until BigMuscle releases a new revision.  Please excuse the half-finished caption buttons.

TX0DFA2.jpg

Edited by Troy2062

On 7/20/2017 at 9:57 AM, Troy2062 said:

I purchased Windowblinds yesterday and while the selection of themes available for it could only be described as lacking, the Aero Glass implementation works very well.  That being the case, I am now putting together a vanilla Windows 10 theme for it, with what I would consider to be aesthetically pleasing glass.

This is far from an ideal solution but I am confident that I can make it work for me; at the very least until BigMuscle releases a new revision.  Please excuse the half-finished caption buttons.

Thank you, Troy. Please DO share your theme when finished!
Is it easy for one to tweak the 'Window Border' thickness? (I kind of like the default W10 1-pixel thinness)
-JT

57 minutes ago, JTB3 said:

Thank you, Troy. Please DO share your theme when finished!
Is it easy for one to tweak the 'Window Border' thickness? (I kind of like the default W10 1-pixel thinness)
-JT

The borders, shadows and most other elements are defined using TARGA or PNG images, which can be edited in Photoshop or your application of choice.  They work in a similar manner to Aero Glass 8's atlas files.

Unlike Aero Glass 8, Windowblinds is not capable of exporting the default theme as a collection of resources.  This means that I have had to find resources elsewhere.

Edited by Troy2062