Latest Version of Software Running on XP

pointertovoid

29 minutes ago, Dixel said:
43 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Any idea what would be the last version of SQLiteStudio that is compatible with Windows XP? The hint here is definitely incorrect.

https://community.chocolatey.org/packages/sqlite-studio.portable/3.1.1

Or you can use the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180321163436/https://sqlitestudio.pl/files/sqlitestudio3/complete/win32/sqlitestudio-3.1.1.zip

You actually don't need Wayback Machine to download that old version. In their GitHub repository, there's a Dropbox link that links to old 3.x.x versions, including 3.1.1 that I mentioned in page 59. Inside that Dropbox link, there are win32 and zip folders, open either of them (it doesn't matter which folder of these 2 you choose to open), and you will see a file named "sqlitestudio-3.1.1.zip". win32inst folder has only the installers for versions 3.2.0 and 3.2.1, so disregard that folder.

Edited by mina7601

45 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Unless I'm being thick :P due to the excessive heat where I live, how is that link useful here? :dubbio:

To install SQLite Studio (Portable), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:

> choco install sqlite-studio.portable --version=3.1.1

It requires "chocolatey" package manager, an attempt to equip the Windows OS with a package manager like MacOS (Homebrew) and various Linux flavours... AFAIAA, Chocolatey isn't compatible with Windows XP:

https://docs.chocolatey.org/en-us/chocolatey-components-dependencies-and-support-lifecycle#supported-windows-versions

If one uses the "Download" button at the bottom of the left sidebar, one ends up with a "sqlite-studio.portable.3.1.1.nupkg" file...

I even went as far as extracting that file with 7-zip, in PS script file "./tools/chocolateyInstall.ps1" there indeed lives a "download URL":

$packageName  = 'sqlite-studio.portable'
$url          = 'https://sqlitestudio.pl/files/sqlitestudio3/complete/win32/sqlitestudio-3.1.1.zip'
$checksum     = 'ddcaae8f6579de62174337f50e3a64a6f2112b8189796a7902933dd1bbe140ac'

... but, sadly, that url 404s now :( (but was actually "saved" by the WA, as @AstroSkipper :P posted later on) ...

So, why was that link posted, especially since some 4min ago before your post "we" already had an answer:

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

The last version of SQLiteStudio for XP is 3.1.1, not 3.2.1.

If I'm still missing something obvious, please enlighten me :)...

Kind regards.

8 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

Unless I'm being thick :P due to the excessive heat where I live, how is that link useful here? :dubbio:

It requires "chocolatey" package manager, an attempt to equip the Windows OS with a package manager like MacOS (Homebrew) and various Linux flavours... AFAIAA, Chocolatey isn't compatible with Windows XP:

https://docs.chocolatey.org/en-us/chocolatey-components-dependencies-and-support-lifecycle#supported-windows-versions

If one uses the "Download" button at the bottom of the left sidebar, one ends up with a "sqlite-studio.portable.3.1.1.nupkg" file...

I even went as far as extracting that file with 7-zip, in PS script file "./tools/chocolateyInstall.ps1" there indeed lives a "download URL":

Heh, I was about to talk about that too, but you beat me to it with a much better, more detailed reply! :P

19 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

Unless I'm being thick :P due to the excessive heat where I live

Hope you're taking the heat well at your place. :)

19 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

So, why was that link posted, especially since some 4min ago before your post "we" already had an answer:

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

The last version of SQLiteStudio for XP is 3.1.1, not 3.2.1.

If I'm still missing something obvious, please enlighten me :)...

I think the reason was to provide a download link which was missing for the SQLiteStudio 3.1.1 in that previous post. 

Edited by AstroSkipper

2 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hope you're taking the heat well at your place.

Thanks for your kind and genuine concern :) ; Wed, July 26th, will be a living inferno at "my" place (33-44C) :realmad: , but temps should fall back to tolerable figures after Thurs 27th :cool: ...

55 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

a download link which was missing for the SQLiteStudio 3.1.1 in that previous post.

... :whistle:In all fairness to that "previous post" you're alluding to, a download link was never asked originally:

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Any idea what would be the last version of SQLiteStudio that is compatible with Windows XP?

OT: I'm finding myself posting less frequently in MSFN lately, especially when I see "behaviour" I don't condone myself - I really hate "politics" and some posts and actions by certain members here are being "policy"/strategy-driven; "opposing" groups of members have formed and the reason of the "opposition" isn't actually based on the merit of one member's contributions, but on (often irrelevant) matters like age, nationality, political "tendencies", "way/style" of expressing one's thoughts, etc. I'm no member of any social medium, I, practically, only post here (when I feel the need to ;)) and on GitHub, so I have no "addictions" related to "like/approval" counts; I have striven to remain impartial and only (positively) react to content I find useful/helpful, never giving a second thought if the member posting it isn't to my full approval as a "character/person"; sadly, that same impartiality isn't exercised by everyone here :( and this has become quite evident to those (few?) of us frequenting the forums on a steady basis... I was raised as a liberal person so I had to speak my mind about how I feel; apologies if any of you found that little "rant" as unacceptable/offending...

Best wishes to all :): remember, we all share the same planet :D ...

7 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... :whistle:In all fairness to that "previous post" you're alluding to, a download link was never asked originally:

Especially in a thread whose title is "Latest Version of Software Running on XP", I prefer a download link when specifying the latest XP-compatible version, and I also find this very helpful for the reader. Actually, this should not be a problem if you have already researched anyway. smilie_denk_24.gif Personally, I am a friend of thoroughness. And I know you are too. :P

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

11 hours ago, VistaLover said:

No, speaking of "groups", you are very selective to whom you admonish. UCyborg is a tech savvy guy, I'm sure he wouldn't have a slightest problem with just a link, without several A4 sheets of reply accompanied it.

10 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Thanks for your kind and genuine concern :) ; Wed, July 26th, will be a living inferno at "my" place (33-44C) :realmad: , but temps should fall back to tolerable figures after Thurs 27th :cool: ...

OT: I'm finding myself posting less frequently in MSFN lately, especially when I see "behaviour" I don't condone myself - I really hate "politics" and some posts and actions by certain members here are being "policy"/strategy-driven; "opposing" groups of members have formed and the reason of the "opposition" isn't actually based on the merit of one member's contributions, but on (often irrelevant) matters like age, nationality, political "tendencies", "way/style" of expressing one's thoughts, etc. I'm no member of any social medium, I, practically, only post here (when I feel the need to ;)) and on GitHub, so I have no "addictions" related to "like/approval" counts; I have striven to remain impartial and only (positively) react to content I find useful/helpful, never giving a second thought if the member posting it isn't to my full approval as a "character/person"; sadly, that same impartiality isn't exercised by everyone here :( and this has become quite evident to those (few?) of us frequenting the forums on a steady basis... I was raised as a liberal person so I had to speak my mind about how I feel; apologies if any of you found that little "rant" as unacceptable/offending...

Edited by Dixel
forgot to include his usual OT A4 size sheet.

9 hours ago, VistaLover said:

I feel you man, and I'm with you on this, it's also the reason I don't post often on MSFN too. I'm pretty sure others will agree with this.

9 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Thanks, and I agree with this: "we all share the same planet". I wish more people know and understand this.

Edited by mina7601

On 7/21/2023 at 3:14 AM, AstroSkipper said:

Homepage: https://keepass.info/index.html
Download: https://keepass.info/download.html
Plugins: https://keepass.info/plugins.html
Installer for Windows (2.54, not XP-compatible): https://sourceforge.net/projects/keepass/files/KeePass 2.x/2.54/KeePass-2.54-Setup.exe/download
Portable (2.54, XP-compatible)): https://sourceforge.net/projects/keepass/files/KeePass 2.x/2.54/KeePass-2.54.zip/download
As reported by @UCyborg, the installer version is no longer XP-compatible, but the portable version is which I am using under Windows XP..

Cheers, AstroSkipper smilie_schild_035.gif

Keepass requires this components installed: Donet 2.0 and visualc++ (msvcp90.dll, msvcr90.dll and msvcm90.dll):hello:

Edited by upadi

Thanks, I may have not asked for the download link of SQLiteStudio specifically, but it goes well with the thread topic.

Regarding KeePass 2.xx, AFAIK .NET 2.0 is just the minimum, for best plugin compatibility, you want the latest you can get, which in case of Windows XP means .NET 4.0. Last time I checked, Visual C++ redist wasn't specifically required, at least 2.47 on my XP doesn't have any of the mentioned DLLs loaded.

Those could also be loaded in as dependencies of some other software, not necessarily KeePass.

9 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Personally, I am a friend of thoroughness. And I know you are too:P

... And just because I am, I posted my "reservations" wrt the "chocolatey" package referenced; simple as that ;) ...

4 minutes ago, tekkaman said:

Hello everyone,

There is a program that I use quite often and it still works on XP. It's called RenameMaster. Basically it lets you rename all the files in a directory at the same time according to many different parameters you can set.

Homepage: http://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/108/

Rename_Master_2012-09-11.png

Thanks for this information! However, I rename files using the multi-rename tool of Total CommanderThis file manager can do much more than that, of course.  :yes:

7 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thanks for this information! However, I rename files using the multi-rename tool of Total CommanderThis file manager can do much more than that, of course.  :yes:

Or simply hold shift, right click inside the folder - open CMD here 

ren * *.jpg (or any other extension)