<shift><enter> gets you a newline
like this, while simply hitting <enter> gets you a double-newline

like this... go figure! :wacko:

It does not always work.

1. Hit Enter.
2. Hit Backspace.
3. Hit Enter + Shift.

The result is going two lines down.

Yes you are correct. While it should be so simple as what Dencorso said, in reality the post editor does not behave that way. It should work like the one on the Technet forum, but even it shares other quirks such as trying to make everything you typed into a link.

But even so, it seems the text as it appears in the editor box is fine, keeping in single space. Yet the text as it appears is somewhere between single spaced and double spaced (shift+enter vs enter).

9 hours ago, tomasz86 said:

I wonder whether that notification was really supposed to be black :dubbio:. At the moment it is kind of useless as you are unable to read the text in there..

One of these notifications popped up when I came in here, so I had the chance real quick to get a screenshot (see at the bottom):

MSFN post notification.jpg

--JorgeA

2 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

It should work like the one on the Technet forum, but even it shares other quirks such as trying to make everything you typed into a link.

This! and if you highlight the part of a text, 'Quote this' pop up appear anywhere you move, no matter that you are reading totally different post. Might have been useful, but it appears in such inconvenient place, that it can only make furious people with stupid addiction to highlight text being read... like me.

Somewhere a marketing dweeb is thinking, "That's not a bug, it's a modern feature, and we'll work tirelessly to make you into a tin foil hat-wearing dinosaur outcast oldster hater in the eyes of others if you even hint at otherwise!"

-Noel

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JorgeA said:

E-mail notifications have stopped again since the server move.

Anything I can do to restore them at my end?

--JorgeA

I checked and tested notifications and everything works. Please send me your IP in PM.

png.png

• 4 weeks later...

I remember on an earlier version of the forum software, there was an option to email yourself a copy of a PM conversation. Very useful for technical conversations where you may need the info without having to login to the forum or for helping clean out your PM inbox. Is this feature still around somewhere or has it disappeared?

Today forum changed it's theme from blue toCchocolate without my interaction. I did no changes to my browser, I was properly logged by auto sign-in.

There are still two 'BLUE' themes, but of different shades, 'Sky' seems to be brighter, and 'Blueberry' is significantly darker.

^^ Ditto (same for me). Weird.

OTOH, I was going to come in to this thread anyway to report that e-mail notifications have spontaneously started to arrive once again. Maybe MSFN's new server successfully passed some trial period required by Verizon. :unsure:

--JorgeA

It shows pink for me, using Palemoon.

Edit1: My first thought was it was using my Windows color choice (red), but I changed it and it doesn't seem to be that.

Edit2: It was the secondary theme color was changed to something else. I changed it back to what I normally use and its fine.

Edited by Tripredacus

17 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

It shows pink for me, using Palemoon.

Edit1: My first thought was it was using my Windows color choice (red), but I changed it and it doesn't seem to be that.

Edit2: It was the secondary theme color was changed to something else. I changed it back to what I normally use and its fine.

It shows pink for me, too. I don't think it should be up to me to change the secondary theme color, since it changed of its own volition to start with... :unsure:

16 hours ago, NoelC said:

What is the relationship between this forum and Microsoft, anyway?

That's easy: none at all. We're just users (MS customers... current or former), nothing more.