Discussion about IPS 4 forum software

xper

On 11/05/2016 at 4:25 PM, tomasz86 said:

Even right now while writing a post in another thread ENTER just suddenly stopped working completely. Crtl+V is not working also. I am really wondering if those responsible for the IPB software have even tested it in Firefox.

I'm afraid it's out of my hands.

7 hours ago, xper said:

Better?

I personally prefer just black text but yes, it is a little better now so thank you! :)

7 hours ago, xper said:

I'm afraid it's out of my hands.

I hope the IPB will fix these errors in future versions of their forum software as at the moment it is simply impossible to use Firefox to write posts! :thumbdown

Right now I am using a Chromium based browser specifically for MSFN.

Edited by tomasz86

OTOH, IE - the browser no one is recommending for use any more - seems to deal with the editor just fine.

Has the color been changed back?  Now it doesn't seem as readable.  But the light in my office is different so it could be me.  I should have done a screen grab.

-Noel

I didn't get a chance to see what the text looked like earlier today, but right now it doesn't look noticeably darker than it did two days ago.

Also, FWIW I'm writing this post in Pale Moon, which of course is a Firefox fork.

--JorgeA

14 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

It looks the same to me. A screenshot would help tremendously, as the exact color can be determined that you are seeing. Just make sure the image isn't compressed because it will change the colors.

Before:
https://leaverou.github.io/contrast-ratio/#%23666666-on-rgb%28253%2C253%2C253

Now:
https://leaverou.github.io/contrast-ratio/#rgb%2892%2C%2092%2C%2092%29-on-rgb%28253%2C253%2C253

The colour values I took directly from the MSFN's CSS. The difference is slight, but it is for the better so can't complain.

NOBODY follows those rules, Jaclaz.

Most "designers" do whatever the hell they want.  The GOOD ones act on the most recent feedback ("waahhh, I don't like that").  The EXCELLENT ones...  Well, there aren't any.  Anyone who could actually do good web design is doing honest work, for more pay.

Note:  In no way is this intended to reflect on xper's attempts to make this forum better.  We thank you kindly for any and all such efforts, xper.

-Noel

16 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

It looks the same to me. A screenshot would help tremendously, as the exact color can be determined that you are seeing. Just make sure the image isn't compressed because it will change the colors.

I *thought* I saw the text get darker, then not as dark, then darker again.  There is a Very Good Chance that it was a perceptive difference on my part.  At various times I work with dark images or a code editor which is (blessedly) set to use light text on a dark background:

SomeCode.png

Even though I have well calibrated monitors, set to a much lower level than default brightness, I am NOT a fan of dark text on a white background.  But when I must deal with it, I prefer it to light text on a white background.

-Noel

I don't really remember that well. You were able to change the main color of the UI elements to orange, black, green, or whatever.

I'm glad to see that the text is black again! :thumbup

Edited by CamTron