US Department of Defense is aggressively upgrading to Windows 10

maxXPsoft

The US DoD is planning to move 4 million machines to Windows 10 within a year. That's an aggressive timeline, and one that reflects confidence in Microsoft's latest operating system and a need to move to more secure software. The DoD's move to Windows 10 began in November after an internal memo directed all Combatant Commands, Services Agencies and Field Activities to rapidly deploy Windows 10.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/17/11031508/us-department-of-defense-windows-10-upgrade

Of course they won't get what we are getting. I'm sure LTSB tweaked like hades. When I was in the Army all we had was the

Microfiche. My first pseudo computer experience cause I was born poor, all we had to play with was dirt

EC3000.jpg

Edited by maxXPsoft

TELETYPE MODEL 33 ASR, baby!

-Noel

Ha My Dad was a teletype mechanic Navy civil service about 10 years after he retired from Air Force

You had a portable Microfiche??? Lucky you!

No best pic I found to fit. We had the one huge bulky thing. Army always gets the crap

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that all of you won't get investigated by the FB_  for discussing top secret stuff.  How will MS be able to keep TS information from going to their cloud?

...How will MS be able to keep TS information from going to their cloud?

If you have any doubt about who is behind this downgraded and easy to obtain ex-Windows version from Microsoft, so painful to use for you and so difficult for you to control....

Business is business, and power is money.