StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

Is there any way I can download an older version of SiB? Version 1.1.5 is giving me nothing but problems.

Now 90% of search results from the Control Panel don't open when I click on them (like 'screen saver'). I have to keep reinstalling SiB.

Edited by rpsgc

The search part is fine.

Example:

http://i.imgur.com/TtbrxMj.png

Clicking on any of those 5 results doesn't do anything. I have to reinstall SiB, and then it works again.

To add to that:

When that issue happens, results from 'Settings' no longer show up in SiB search.

Restarting explorer.exe usually helps.

Edited by rpsgc

++1.1.6

• Ability to enter Advanced Startup when shift-clicking Reboot
  • Tweak to configure user avatar animation (create DWORD key "FadeUserFrame" = 1 in HKCU\Software\StartIsBack)
  • Fixed metro app icons not loading
  • Fixed Switch user shutdown option

The search part is fine.

Example:

Clicking on any of those 5 results doesn't do anything. I have to reinstall SiB, and then it works again.

To add to that:

When that issue happens, results from 'Settings' no longer show up in SiB search.

I can confirm this issue since I'm also affected by this exact behavior. At least the search is working properly again when explorer gets restarted!

The search part is fine.

Example:

To add to that:

I can confirm this issue since I'm also affected by this exact behavior. At least the search is working properly again when explorer gets restarted!

I haven't had this issue.  I'm on the fast ring of automatically installed insider builds.  Are you on insider builds or not?  If Tihiy can't reproduce the issue he probably can't fix it.

Running 1.1.6 on Win10 x64 release build, not insider version.

I keep getting a problem with the wrong icons showing. I can fix it by running CCleaner, but it comes back after a couple of days.

Also is there any way to disable the sliding in from the left thing that your profile picture does?

post-410582-0-56051700-1446416629_thumb.

Running 1.1.6 on Win10 x64 release build, not insider version.

I keep getting a problem with the wrong icons showing. I can fix it by running CCleaner, but it comes back after a couple of days.

Also is there any way to disable the sliding in from the left thing that your profile picture does?

Have you installed any icon packs, maybe try sfc /scannow to see if you have any corrupt system files.

The search part is fine.

Example:

To add to that:

I haven't had this issue.  I'm on the fast ring of automatically installed insider builds.  Are you on insider builds or not?  If Tihiy can't reproduce the issue he probably can't fix it.

Also RTM build here.

Hey I have little suggestion:

Add 'Configure what the Mouse wheel does' when pressed. By default it shows Start. Like the Windows key, add a nice little 'Do nothing" option to it so we can get as far from the Windows Start menu as possible and only keep the dear StartIsBack start menu!

Nice Plain10 style by the way, how about you make it the default style since it is a Windows 10 StartIsBack...