StartIsBack++ 2.9

Tihiy

22 minutes ago, benib90 said:

SIB cannot get shorter than 8 items since version 1.2, even when removing the necessary number of right side items. Could this be fixed? 

You can tweak it with “StartPaneMinHeight” DWORD key in HKCU\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack

14 hours ago, Tihiy said:

You can tweak it with “StartPaneMinHeight” DWORD key in HKCU\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack

Tried it. Didn't work. I'm using the number of recent programs to display to control the pane height, just to make sure we agree

Untitled.gif

On 3/14/2016 at 11:36 PM, Tihiy said:

I should notice that Ididn't find the DWORD in question, I made a new one. And I'm using the 64 bit version of Windows 10, does that change where I should tweak in the registry?

Edited by benib90

• 4 weeks later...

I have issues with StartIsBack ++ 1.2.2 version

I have SpyShelter Firewall installed and there is some interference between the programs.
I have installed it before and everything was running just fine. After installation of SpyShelter firewall and reboot of the system the program simply stops working and causing to my screen to go black for a mere second , same as refreshing the desktop every few seconds, trying to insert the modification of the start menu.
Uninstalling SpyShelter Firewall  solves the problem.
Uninstalling StartIsBack++ also solves the issue.
I have set SpyShelter Firewall for Maximum compatibility and it still happens.
I managed to find a temporary solution by excluding process explorer.exe from key encryption in SpyShelter.

SpyShelter Firewall Program version: 10.7.5
StartIsBack ++ Program version: 1.2.2

Question is if there can be any improvement for the compatibility because the temporary solution I am using is quite unwelcome because my system can be compromised if explorer.exe will be compromised.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I just wanted to ask if you plan to replace the new Start Menu's grey scrollbar? I'm using StartIsBack for quite a while now but I can't get used to that scrollbar. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the design in my opinion.

Or is there perhaps some way to customize the Start Menu yourself? Nevertheless I want to thank you for StartIsBack! I really love that program and it helps me so much. Keep it up! Thanks in advance!

Edit: Here are some images I made with Photoshop to show you how I'd like to customize my Start Menu. As you can see in the pictures I'd also have to remove the search bar. Is that possible?

7aHJ1jC.png

6GDxKXu.png

Edited by borisbaer

You can remove search if you uncheck both 'Search public folders' and 'Search programs and settings'. As for scrollbar, so far your option is custom full system msstyles.

Thanks for the help! When I open Plain10.msstyles in Windows Style Builder I navigate to Unknown, right? But which values belong to the scrollbar? I'm kind of confused.

Edit: Oh I think I get it. Since the scrollbar is not defined by your msstyles file but the whole theme package I'd probably have to change Windows 10.msstyles.

Okay so I have to live with that scrollbar or otherwise it'll be dark everywhere not only in the Start Menu. Isn't there a way to make it apply only to the Start Menu?

c4rQ6XQ.png

Edited by borisbaer

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dblake1 said:

You may have to restart explorer/log off and log back on to make them show up.

Already turned the computer on and off, didn't fix it.

So I fixed the icons by rebuilding the windows icon cache. 

But now this happened, see those two little white lines on the bottom left? That's the windows 10 start menu icon. The task bar randomly shoved itself down there for some reason, and no auto hide is off and it's never been on. This is not exactly the experience I was expecting when I downloaded this. Is this in beta or something?

Turned the task bar green.

Edited by saltystew
Fixed stuff

• 1 month later...

Please can you add the ability to search directly through Cortana when the start menu is opened? I much prefer it to the windows 7 start menu search. Here is what my start menu and search settings look like...
a838b5e03e1e383bb8f0c686d10b0052.png

Note that I have disabled the search bar in the start menu in the settings.