POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

Everything installed fine, as always. Besides, this .NET 4 update is another good news, since I didn't actually thought it would have been released.

Edited by FranceBB

All good here as well, and a word of thanks again to all the experts who have kept this thread going.  Best one anywhere on this topic.

In fact, I just made a modest donation to MSFN.  Least I can do - keeping my XP machine running has been a real time and cost saver.

Edited by glnz

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in an interesting conversation here with someone on the Opera browser forums.
He says his AV software (Avast it appears) downloads and applies Windows Updates on XP systems along with its AV patterns etc.
This is with no registry or otherwise modifications to the system.

Has anyone else heard of this, I can find no reference to it on Avast's website?
:dubbio:

It'd be against both MS's EoL and non-redistribution in mangled form policies, and the AV would be facing a lawsuit already!
It cannot be. So, the only permissible conclusion is that whatever that someone you were talking to got in the hookah, it's pretty strong, for sure! :angel

That may be why Avast are keeping quite about it of course!
:lol:
The guy concerned is one of the very long-standing and respected contributors to the Opera forums, so I didn't immediately dismiss what he was saying.
I did find it hard to believe though, as surely it would have been mentioned here and elsewhere by now if it were true.
:)

This is really a bit too hard. :blink:
Perhaps it is also because of the new information policy of MS, as well as apples are sold as pear! :lol:

Note:
Also has anyone to edit problems here in the forum no contributions retroactively? For me at the moment not possible.

You're not the only one!
I tried to edit my previous post (to correct "quite" instead of "quiet"!) and I'm just getting a message that says "REQUIRED" in red capital letters.
I guess there's a fault with the forum at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, gang!  At least three days early, but I have a yellow shield update prompt for

Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2881030) 32-bit edition.

But I have only MS Office 2003 with the 2007 Compatibility updates (I think).  Or am I wrong and there are some 2010 pieces of Office on my XP system somehow?

Hey - three days more and then we all go BONKERS !!!!

Edited by glnz

Dave-H - In add/remove programs, I see MS Office File Validation Add-In, which got an Update for MS Office 2010 (KB2825635) on 5/14/2014.  In my MS Update history, I went back as far as Dec 2012 but did not see any references to Office 2010.  (There are many references to Compatibility Pack and Office 2007, which I understand is normal for my Office 2003.)

Hmmm.  Anyone else?

Edited by glnz

Maybe I'm a bit late, but Avast does not install newer KB as it's a violation of the Microsoft policy. That said, they/"we" are almost ready to release a new stable version with a new "signature optimisation", removing several false-positive and pairing old viruses definitions in order to get a single signature able to detect several variants, with a total of 1.8 million definitions removed (false-positive) or paired. They also added a few improvements, but nothing important on the XP side.

Edited by FranceBB

2 hours ago, zrw2011 said:

is there going to be any xp updates this month?

Lol Today is second tuesday , mean patch tuesday .

In India , we receive update patches in wednesday.

what about in your location?