POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

1 minute ago, 5eraph said:

Is anybody maintaining a list of updates that need to be installed to keep .NET up to date in XP x86?  If so, would somebody please link me to it?

If not, I have just tested a list of my own for .NET 3.5 SP1 that includes the latest POSReady .NET updates.  Once I've finished lists for .NET 2.0 SP2 and .NET 4.0 Full I'll consider creating a new thread for them., if somebody hasn't already done so.

Even though Windows update offered .NET updates to me during the July update Tuesday, it certainly would be wonderful to have a complete list to refer to.   It would be a source to verify all updates have been applied!

@5eraph

For a long time I keep a list of required updates for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4 on Windows XP x86. All necessary updates here, from May 2014 here with download link. A separate thread regarding .NET Framework updates would be Clearly arranged.

:)

Yeah, I got that yesterday. I installed it, but I don't know why it would affect anyone outside of Egypt?

Too bad this can't be don with XP x64 and some sort of 64-bit POS embedded (an XP/2003-derived version of which, to my knowledge, doesn't exist).

c

It was an "important" update on Windows 8.1, and I was a bit surprised that it was flagged as high priority on WES09 and POSReady 2009.
They don't have the three "optional", "important" and "critical" categories that later versions of Windows have though.
:)

Well, it's certainly "important" to Egyptians with PCs or they'll show up at the wrong time.

Someone with a POS cash register in Alexandria must have complained.  He hit the button and the drawer didn't open for an hour.

Edited by glnz

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, glnz said:

Bersaglio - I saw an update to Silverlight in the MS Updates list just now.  Same as yours?

I see eight updates, including three for my old Office.

Anyone have any issues with these?

I installed them all.  No issues as of yet.

Also, I ran the eight updates, but my PC glitched on the first run-through, and I am now unable to get KB3184122.  It shows in results only with a question mark, and it doesn't come up again if I run MS Update again.  The others eventually all installed with green checkmarks (although I had to stop Avast AV to finish KB3185319).

How can I get KB3184122 manually?

Thanks.